I switches cases (silicone) on my S2 today, and the one I'm currently using stops higher at the top than my last case. The last one came almost over the LED. Anyhow, I noticed a fairly deep scratch that runs down over the LED, and I think maybe something got underneath the last case. I'm wondering A, if there's any sort of scratch remover that can be used on this part of the phone, and B, can you replace just to top "button" part of the phone?

Thanks!
    05-16-10 09:32 PM
    BlackBerry Storm2 9520/9550 OEM top cover - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories -

OR

https://www.gsm4world.us/blackberry-...03070_550.html

NOTE: Both ship from Hong Kong and will take about 2 weeks to arrive, but both these sellers are easy to work with.
    05-17-10 12:37 AM
    I switches cases (silicone) on my S2 today, and the one I'm currently using stops higher at the top than my last case. The last one came almost over the LED. Anyhow, I noticed a fairly deep scratch that runs down over the LED, and I think maybe something got underneath the last case. I'm wondering A, if there's any sort of scratch remover that can be used on this part of the phone, and B, can you replace just to top "button" part of the phone?

Thanks!
    It's a phone--not a $15,000 black lacquered piano. Is the scratch affecting how the phone works?
    05-17-10 01:58 AM
    Be careful replacing any of the housing. Opening the phone automatically voids your warranty. In my opinion it's not even worth it. Get a replacement if it's affecting you/the phone that much. (I don't see how it would be, then again I don't have your phone in front of me.)
    05-17-10 02:09 AM
    BlackBerry Storm2 9520/9550 OEM top cover - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories -

OR

https://www.gsm4world.us/blackberry-...03070_550.html

NOTE: Both ship from Hong Kong and will take about 2 weeks to arrive, but both these sellers are easy to work with.
    Thanks for the links.

Dave, pianos really aren't my thing. You know, if my shirt had a hole in it, I could still wear it. But I'd rather fix it if I had the option.

Thanks, Lil, but I didn't buy through VZW, so I'm sans warranty/insurance anyhow.
    05-17-10 06:19 PM
    The fix for that is relatively easy. I know what you mean about the scratches associated with using a silicon skin, or any case for that matter. It doesn't take much for something underneath the case to leave a little mark.

You can find some really awesome disassembly videos online

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD