Just upgraded from the Storm 1 to the Storm 2 and while everything seems to be ok, the "hourglass symbol" (not really an hourglass but more like 3 sticks at angles" keeps coming up in the middle of the screen........they sort of flash for a few seconds and then it goes away only to come back again a few secs later. Anyone know what is causing this? I didn't have this issue on my Storm 1.
    06-27-10 12:47 AM
    It means the phone is busy doing something. try doing a battery pull, but I suspect you've got some apps that are busy taking up CPU cycles. If it keeps happening, list all the apps you have. What apps are OPEN?
    06-27-10 12:49 AM
    Did the battery pull and waiting for it to load now............another dumb question.......this is the first time I have changed BB's and am wondering how I get the ringtones and pics I had on the first Storm to the 2nd? I did the Device Transfer and all my apps and theme transfered but no ringtones or pics. Can you help with that? Is it easy and if so how do I do it?
    06-27-10 12:57 AM
    Ok I did the battery pull and the "busy" signal comes on a little over every minute. Is it normal to take 6 mins (I timed it) to fully load after doing a battery pull?
    The apps that show in the "Third Party" app list are: CB Launcher 2, Google Maps, Google Mobile, Google Sync, HoneyDew (list keeping app), Ode Freecell, Pinball, Poynt, QuickLaunch, Superstore, UberTwitter and Reset. All the apps are usable except for QL. I can't find the activation code.

I deleted VCast, and the other V apps from Verizon and BB Maps. Not sure what City ID is. Thanks for your help............
    06-27-10 01:23 AM
    This is maybe a reason why the hour glass symbol comes up so frequent. A few people on here have complained of a laggy s2 after doing a device transfer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 01:25 AM
    I tried doing a "restore" first and none of the apps transfered so I did the Device Transfer.............now what do I do to correct the problem?
    06-27-10 01:26 AM
    Ok I did the battery pull and the "busy" signal comes on a little over every minute. Is it normal to take 6 mins (I timed it) to fully load after doing a battery pull?
    The apps that show in the "Third Party" app list are: CB Launcher 2, Google Maps, Google Mobile, Google Sync, HoneyDew (list keeping app), Ode Freecell, Pinball, Poynt, QuickLaunch, Superstore, UberTwitter and Reset. All the apps are usable except for QL. I can't find the activation code.

I deleted VCast, and the other V apps from Verizon and BB Maps. Not sure what City ID is. Thanks for your help............
    some of those apps I'm familiar with and aren't going to cause you a problem, but several others I've not used, so I'll have to defer to others who know more about ubertwitter, for example. Maybe someone can spot the culprit. and of course it could be a setting in some app, as opposed to the app simply being installed on your phone.
    06-27-10 02:05 AM
    If I were you, I'd remove all the apps and then re-download the latest versions from wherever you got them. I've found that sometimes just reinstalling an app from back up causes funny problems. Not often, but it has happened for me. Some apps you had may not even play well with the Storm2 and it's newer OS, so you'll need the newest versions anyway. Also, since you changed devices, some of the apps will need to be updated with new activation codes for your new device.

As for the QuickLaunch activation code, you should be able to get that from wherever you downloaded it too. If you got it from CB/Mobihand then just log into your account and you will get a list of everything you've purchased and it will have the codes. Keep in mind that you will need to do a device switch within your Mobihand account though first or the activation code won't work on your new phone. BTW, I print out my list of apps/codes every now and then so I have them handy without having to log into my account. Makes it nice when I do OS upgrades because them I can just go lay in bed and go through my printout entering all my codes.
    06-27-10 02:31 AM
    you know what? i really hate some apps.....i mean 3rd party apps..when you close it and thinking they are no longer running... but in fact they still runs on the background....i actually downloaded a process/apps viewer.. which is not for storm...but managed to install and launch it... and found that culprit apps running in background...dumb a$$...caught it and i removed that 3rd party apps...
    06-27-10 02:42 PM
    What was the process apps viewer called? Where can you get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD