Just wanted to throw this out there real quick...sorry for not searching the forums first....but...

...anyone else experience really bad call audio quality? Everyone I call says I sound badly muffled and they can't make out what I'm saying...I can hear them clearly. Is this something that might be addressed with the newer software release? I haven't tried any of the leaked OS's yet just because I got so burned out with apploading when I first got the phone...
    05-31-09 01:11 AM
    Just wanted to throw this out there real quick...sorry for not searching the forums first....but...

...anyone else experience really bad call audio quality? Everyone I call says I sound badly muffled and they can't make out what I'm saying...I can hear them clearly. Is this something that might be addressed with the newer software release? I haven't tried any of the leaked OS's yet just because I got so burned out with apploading when I first got the phone...
    Same probs here....
    I wanna know also...
    had several storms all did the same...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 01:34 AM
    Some folks have had this issue, including myself. No OS/app upgrade or settings fixed it. Only a phone replacement fixed it; call Verizon Technical Support. You'll find other threads using the search word "muffled".
    05-31-09 01:42 AM
    Only when I am in my house. Any where else, or out in my yard, I get great reception and everyone can hear me fine.
    05-31-09 07:23 AM
    What amazes me is the inconsistent QC, I've had the same phone since the beginning with no issues, but my assistant has replaced hers 3 TIMES! For the same issue(and she bought a BB because of me)

05-31-09 07:31 AM
    Had the same problem. Check for solution in forums (involves 2 minutes of time). Solved problem. No need for new phone, folks!!!
    05-31-09 08:37 AM
    Call quality is fine for me too. Hope you find a fix.

05-31-09 09:11 AM
    I've noticed that for the past week I did a soft battery pull and a hard reset that didn't solve the problem so I called the tech support people for Verizon wireless one of the tech's said which this .148 software update is supposely have a fix for the crappy audio quality when people talk to each other
    05-31-09 09:12 AM
    I guess I should have stated that I'm also on .148 I don't have call quality issues.

05-31-09 09:28 AM
    Same probs here....
    I wanna know also...
    had several storms all did the same...

This may sound stupid but my coworker had the same problem and it was solved by the way he held the phone. Seems when holding the phone in his left hand while talking his little finger was covering the microphone hole some times.
    05-31-09 09:35 AM
    Yes. The microphone placement is such that holding the phone in your left hand can put the microphone in the palm of your hand thus making everything sound muffled. A friend of mine had this problem while talking to me and we figured out the phone sounded bad while he held the phone on his left hand.

05-31-09 10:55 AM
    The way my head is built, there is no easy way for me to talk on the Storm w/o a headset.

Obviously RIM doesn't believe anyone talks w/o BT anymore.
    05-31-09 11:16 AM
    The way my head is built, there is no easy way for me to talk on the Storm w/o a headset.
    Haha that is a great quote. But seriously, yes people say I sound muffled too. And everyone else stop saying upgrade your OS. At this point we're almost all on 148. The phone part of this phone sucks, let's face it. Everyone heard me way better on my $50 LG flip.

05-31-09 12:14 PM
    Altell takeover might have something to do with the recent end call/reception issues everyone has been having as of late (especially on the east coast).
    If you are a verizon customer.
    05-31-09 01:19 PM
    from what i've heard it has to do with the noise canceling being too sensitive in quiet areas and muffling your voice. As far as I know there are no known ways to fix this and if you call verizon they will sooner send you a replacement phone which will likely have the same problem than admit there is an issue... very frustrating
    05-31-09 02:03 PM
    Well, where you're physically located and what towers are involved may very well play a part. But like I've said, I don't have the problem so it's clearly a user to user specific issue (whether it be hardware, software, or user error). Hopefully each individual finds a solution that works for them.

05-31-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD