Has anyone else found that the date and time selector for the storm is really difficult to use? Sometimes the keyboard is displayed and you can manually type in the date/time but only after engaging the num lock.

However, most of the time, you have to swipe your finger up and down several times to get the right value. A lot of times, my swipe isn't exactly vertical and I end up changing the adjacent fields instead cause even more misery. It takes me several minutes to make a new alarm time because I spend most of trying to set the correct time. And sometimes the alarm doesn't even work because I accidentally changed AM to PM during my furious swiping

Is there some trick or something I'm missing for setting the time? Maybe a 3rd party app I'm not aware of? It seems like displaying the keyboard so you can type the entry in would be 100000x easier but sometime it just doesn't show up.
    12-23-08 09:15 AM
    agreed... as ive said before, the iphone did get several things right and setting dates and times is one of them. It looks cool and works well.
    12-23-08 09:17 AM
    Try setting the time for auto off/on it's ridiculous. I didn't realize how hard it was because all my old settings were imported from my Curve.
    12-23-08 09:22 AM
    agreed... as ive said before, the iphone did get several things right and setting dates and times is one of them. It looks cool and works well.
    I've never used an iphone before but is this what you are talking about?
    iPhone Interface Gallery - iPhone Screenshots - iPhone Calendar and Events Screenshots - iPhone Calendar Add Event

Seems to me, it would still be harder then just typing on a keypad but it does at least let you change all the fields without having to move the cursor back and forth like on the Storm. And it does look way cooler
    12-23-08 09:23 AM
    when you're in the clock menu, you don't have to stay on the little arrows to change the time...you can actually "scroll" anywhere on the screen and it will change that field accordingly.
    12-23-08 09:39 AM
    I've never used an iphone before but is this what you are talking about?
    iPhone Interface Gallery - iPhone Screenshots - iPhone Calendar and Events Screenshots - iPhone Calendar Add Event

Seems to me, it would still be harder then just typing on a keypad but it does at least let you change all the fields without having to move the cursor back and forth like on the Storm. And it does look way cooler
    yes. The biggest problem/annoyance i have with the storm is, as the op stated, when you scroll down, you often find yourself jumping over to the wrong section...ie im trying to move the minutes but it jumps over to the hours. Because the dials on the iphone/ipod touch are just much wider, i have never accidentally missed the dials.
    12-23-08 09:50 AM
    when you're in the clock menu, you don't have to stay on the little arrows to change the time...you can actually "scroll" anywhere on the screen and it will change that field accordingly.
    Correct. You just highlight what you want to change, and then swipe anywhere on that screen, not just on the little arrows. Makes it very easy. This goes for times and dates in the calendar as well.
    12-23-08 10:10 AM
    wow i have just tried this and it is so much easier when you highlight the field you want to change then swipe somewhere else on the screen

Thanks for that tip
    12-23-08 10:29 AM
    Man you have NO IDEA how cool it is to figure this out... I should have known considering the text editing works the same way.
    12-23-08 10:35 AM
    What an awesome tip. I never knew you could do that. I've been cursing entering dates in because of my fat fingers.

Thanks for the tip!
    12-23-08 10:37 AM
    This is an awesome tip....I have been struggling with this as well.
    12-23-08 11:06 AM
    yes. The biggest problem/annoyance i have with the storm is, as the op stated, when you scroll down, you often find yourself jumping over to the wrong section...ie im trying to move the minutes but it jumps over to the hours. Because the dials on the iphone/ipod touch are just much wider, i have never accidentally missed the dials.
    From the other comments, i found that an easy way of solving this problem is to scroll on the side away from all of the other fields. This prevents the phone from switching the selected fields when you are swiping to change the values.
    12-23-08 11:38 AM
    Man you have NO IDEA how cool it is to figure this out... I should have known considering the text editing works the same way.
    what about text editing that's like scrolling anywhere on the screen?
    12-23-08 11:39 AM
    Sorry for the late reply (if your even still interested)

Ya know... Like when you need to edit something you touch the screen and hover (anywhere) and then you can move the box when it gets hollow... And your finger doesn't have to be right over it... THat's how I meant it was the same... Screen still reacts without you having to be over it...
    01-06-09 09:21 PM
    Thanks for answering - without your reply I would never have found this thread and would still be cursing the d*** alarm clock. Sweet find.
    01-06-09 09:27 PM
    Another thing I just realized. Why the **** does the date selection use that scroll UI instead of say... A monthly calendar like every other date selection UI?? For the time, I can understand but date... Cmon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:09 PM
    Has anyone else found that the date and time selector for the storm is really difficult to use? Sometimes the keyboard is displayed and you can manually type in the date/time but only after engaging the num lock.

However, most of the time, you have to swipe your finger up and down several times to get the right value. A lot of times, my swipe isn't exactly vertical and I end up changing the adjacent fields instead cause even more misery. It takes me several minutes to make a new alarm time because I spend most of trying to set the correct time. And sometimes the alarm doesn't even work because I accidentally changed AM to PM during my furious swiping

Is there some trick or something I'm missing for setting the time? Maybe a 3rd party app I'm not aware of? It seems like displaying the keyboard so you can type the entry in would be 100000x easier but sometime it just doesn't show up.
    How often do you change the date and time on your phone? The time is fairly consistent day in and day out.
    01-12-09 06:13 PM
    How often do you change the date and time on your phone? The time is fairly consistent day in and day out.
    All the time!!! We use our BB's for more than just calling people and playing music... You constantly run into this interface in the Calander, Timer, Tasks, Alarm, etc...
    01-16-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD