What I have found with all of these
    Even when they are not running?
    06-13-10 01:21 PM
    I've only owned the S1 and S2 BB devices and I find 607 works fine. Different strokes. (and it seems Verizon is not having any major complaints from it's many Storm owners, over 607. just look at THEIR forum)
    I was better off with my S1; if only had more memory! I didn't have a single complaint about S1 especially after the 419 OS upgrade. Should have stuck with that.

But I will add this in reply to gtstang: I had a Canadian built S1 and a Hungarian built S1 (at the same time) and the they both ran the 419 differently. The Canadian one, loaded with the same apps, had more memory available than the Hungarian. I didn't load the OSs any differently, used the same SAOS shrunk 419. So if it is one of my apps, which I don't buy, then I still don't like 607. I need the few apps that I run period. If 607 won't play nice, then 607 goes. I need the apps, not a higher number in my about screen.
    06-13-10 02:18 PM
    I was better off with my S1; if only had more memory! I didn't have a single complaint about S1 especially after the 419 OS upgrade. Should have stuck with that.

But I will add this in reply to gtstang: I had a Canadian built S1 and a Hungarian built S1 (at the same time) and the they both ran the 419 differently. The Canadian one, loaded with the same apps, had more memory available than the Hungarian. I didn't load the OSs any differently, used the same SAOS shrunk 419. So if it is one of my apps, which I don't buy, then I still don't like 607. I need the few apps that I run period. If 607 won't play nice, then 607 goes. I need the apps, not a higher number in my about screen.
    how did you like the "one point contact" screen, compared to the 4 pizeo actuators of the S2? I much prefer the S2's screen for typing--it's faster and doesn't wobble from side to side like the S1.
    06-13-10 02:28 PM
    Hello everybody...

Please note apps like windows live messenger, nimbuzz, im plus etc messaging apps will eat ALOT battery out of STORM2.
    This makes me smile a bit; anybody tried having any/all of these installed and not use them for a day?
    It's like RicanMedic said: if you just glance at the screen you won't be using as much battery. I've noticed going an entire day without talking to anyone using messenger(s) uses FAR less than even keeping one or two conversations going, and I use yahoo and BBM only. This is also applicable to having one or two apps versus a hundred, you can have a mind-boggling number and as long as they just sit there and you aren't using your device you'll enjoy better battery life than someone with few apps that lives on his/her phone, especially with the S2 and its giant screen.
    This is based on reading multiple threads and my own trial and error. My last BB was a Pearl 8130 (64 megs for device and app software) and even though I stripped it down to get enough room to run yahoo and Windows Live with 14 megs free, I still would occasionally drain its battery before my day was through. If I just left it sitting it would go almost 48 hours on a single charge. Same with my S2; when I first got it and saw I had over 120 megs free I loaded it up with the apps I had wanted on my 8130 but avoided to keep file free memory up. Naturally I thought it was the apps at first that was causing the drain, but over a couple weeks of removal and usage, I came to the conclusion that it was the USAGE more than anything. Look at it this way: if you have 6 apps and use them 5 minutes each right in a row, that's a solid half hour with your screen lit plus data going up and down. Not including phone usage because we all know how that goes. Nowadays I have just what I use constantly installed, and I'm noticing exactly the same trend on my S2 as I did with my 8130 - on weekends when I barely use my S2 I get phenomenal battery life, and Monday through Friday I can usually make it last through the day.
    Just for kicks I posted this with my S2 and battery went from 94% to 91% because the screen was lit the whole time.
    06-13-10 03:13 PM
    how did you like the "one point contact" screen, compared to the 4 pizeo actuators of the S2? I much prefer the S2's screen for typing--it's faster and doesn't wobble from side to side like the S1.
    I liked the S1 a lot. I upgraded to S1 from a Curve 8330 and could type faster in landscape than I could on the Curve's pyhsical keyboard.

I agree that S2 was a definite improvement. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my S2, but I'm no wild fan either. It has it's strong and weak points like any other BB. It's all in what you are willing to put up with.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-13-10 at 03:22 PM. Reason: fix typo
    06-13-10 03:20 PM
    I need the few apps that I run period. If 607 won't play nice, then 607 goes. I need the apps, not a higher number in my about screen.
    Exactly. I can't add about the device origin as I loaded my Hungarian original but had a Mexican replacement by the time I got things settled.
    06-13-10 03:28 PM
    Exactly. I can't add about the device origin as I loaded my Hungarian original but had a Mexican replacement by the time I got things settled.
    I wish they'd stop assembling in Mexico. Big thumbs down on quality! I don't want to get off topic, the point I was trying to make was: 2 devices configured exactly the same way ran differently. Much like my S2 and dave's and gtstang's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-13-10 at 03:46 PM.
    06-13-10 03:37 PM
    I wish they'd stop assembling in Mexico. Big thumbs down on quality! I don't want to get off topic, the point I was trying to make was: 2 devices configured exactly the same way ran differently. Much like my S2 and dave's and gtstang's.

I guess it is time for you to give .713 a run now....
    06-13-10 04:55 PM
    About to do that myself, soon as I get .517 uninstalled.
    @plk my bad, this one's Canadian-built. Apparently I suffer from CRS.
    06-13-10 05:03 PM
    Probably won't get to it tonight but that's a definite go! Best part: it's not a VZW release.

06-13-10 05:17 PM
    Probably won't get to it tonight but that's a definite go! Best part: it's not a VZW release.

now that you have made this statement the big V will certify it next week.
    06-13-10 06:05 PM
    Hope I didn't jinx it...lol

06-13-10 06:28 PM

So how is that VZW certified .713 working for you?
    06-19-10 10:07 AM
    Yep, though I tend to find Apple a bit more obvious about it, lol. A month or so ago, when they began taking pre-orders for the iPad, I was helping a friend who was on the fence with his decision. I was looking over the specs and explaining things to him when all of a sudden, it hit me "where the heck are the USB ports?" I could not BELIEVE they'd design a device like this without USB ports. I was convinced I was wrong, I was making a mistake, they HAD to be there. When I determined they weren't, I told him that buying it without USB might be a mistake (in addition, he wanted the built in 3G and when I told him "yeah, but you'll have 4G available next year so you'll be stuck" we really began looking at the "planned obsolecense" issues. He went ahead and bought it and received it on release day. He has been enjoying it, but within a week of having it, learned that a new model was already designed that INCLUDED 2 USB ports. Arrrrghhhhhh!

Apple makes this very obvious! Always looking to omit something from a device this year so that they can add it next year! It took how many iphones for them just to add a simple camera flash??? But yet they focused so much on implimenting a compass last year????? For real???
    06-19-10 12:42 PM
    Ha!!!!! You are a seer, no doubt. You were off by just a few days, but wtg!

now that you have made this statement the big V will certify it next week.
    06-19-10 12:48 PM
    Ha!!!!! You are a seer, no doubt. You were off by just a few days, but wtg!
    I was being a smarta$$ with my original comment but Verizon just made it ironic.
    06-19-10 01:56 PM
241 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD