Let me know how you make out. I may take mine in and get it replaced

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 06:27 PM
    Dude said that the battery sounded bad. He asked if there was anything else wrong with the phone and if so he would give me a band new phone. THere isnt anything wront with anything. He gave me a new battery and said if that didnt do it to go back in and they will switch it out.
    06-11-10 10:03 PM
    oh yea and the girl friend had ran my text over for the month so he updated me to the unlimited text. If it wasnt for that I would have had a 400 dollar bill because of her, the ratio from text from her incoming and my outgoing are 5:1
    06-11-10 10:04 PM
    I have never done the hybrid thing. It's easy enough to do but not worth the effort. 451 is rock solid. Now that I have my Tour I don't really use my S2m and don't really miss it either.

You bought your Tour full retail?

Let us know how's your battery life with the same Apps and same usage patterns. I'm curious. I might just get a Tour myself. ;-)
    06-11-10 11:55 PM
    your eloquence is astounding!
    Your vocabulary is superflous

06-12-10 07:15 AM
    Let me know how you make out. I may take mine in and get it replaced

mine dies fairly quick as well. I dont run much of anything except beejiveIM from time to time and I have lookout security running in the background. But my wifi is usually turned off and I never use bluetooth unless I'm driving (and the phone is plugged in the charger anyway). My backlight is always at 10, network on EV, etc... But GPS is always on but all 3rd party apps are usually closed with the exception of the ones above and beejive only occasionally.

My standard battery lasts from 6am and is flat dead by 2pm or so depending. If I do light usage (text/e-mail/apps), I may get the entire work shift but definitely not the entire day.

I thought it was a bad battery too but I got the seidio 1700mah and it was almost the same. So now that I have both, I started texting and surfing a bit more in comfort and now both batteries are dead before 6pm if I have no charge in btwn!

So I feel the battery drain pain as well!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 06-12-10 at 07:34 AM.
    06-12-10 07:32 AM
    I took my phone off the charger Friday @6am. Now have 30% left. I can't understand what may be happening. I'm on 607 official.

06-12-10 08:12 AM
    Hello everybody...

Please note apps like windows live messenger, nimbuzz, im plus etc messaging apps will eat ALOT battery out of STORM2.
    06-12-10 08:12 AM
    I think general navigation through the OS and the clicking does too. I notice that the less I pull my phone out to "just look" the more battery I save. If I take it out of the holster only when it vib or rings and respond accordingly, I get much better life out of it.

SO far its all about knowing how to use the device efficiantly to get the most out of a day.

When I had 1 battery, I used it up in less than a day, when I had 2 batteries, I used them in a day! And I bet if I had 3, I'd use them all up in a day too, lol

Today I'm trying to form a habit of not pulling out the device just to peek when nothing is going on and so far its almost 9:30am ET and I'm still at 100% with a few texts and a 10 min phone call! Not bad!!!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 06-12-10 at 08:24 AM.
    06-12-10 08:21 AM
    ..............I'm trying to form a habit of not pulling out the device just to peek when nothing is going on and so far its almost 9:30am ET and I'm still at 100% with a few texts and a 10 min phone call! Not bad!!!
    Sorry mate, just can't resist looking at my storm2 screen cuz i write mails frequently and WLM 24X7!!!

I would think the battery is really in great shape since the battery can last up to 8-12hours with heavy duty. Some phones can't even achieve that! Try on nokia and you will know the batt will die in 1-2hours time.

All my peers are using iphone and they also have problems with battery life cuz they simply keep playing games using the phone and theirs can't last and end up charging all the times.

why you think apple came up with a bigger battery and better screen? cuz they know their batteries can't make it too!!!

my friend cousin had an iphone and the batt went dead. went to fix it and when they open up the iphone.. the batt is nothing but falling apart ashes! thats how bad their batteries eventually will be. i am glad my storm2 batt can be replace easily.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-12-10 at 08:41 AM.
    06-12-10 08:31 AM
    Sorry mate, just can't resist looking at my storm2 screen cuz i write mails frequently and WLM 24X7!!!

I would think the battery is really in great shape since the battery can last up to 8-12hours with heavy duty. Some phones can't even achieve that! Try on nokia and you will know the batt will die in 1-2hours time.

All my peers are using iphone and they also have problems with battery life cuz they simply keep playing games using the phone and theirs can't last and end up charging all the times.

why you think apple came up with a bigger battery and better screen? cuz they know their batteries can't make it too!!!

my friend cousin had an iphone and the batt went dead. went to fix it and when they open up the iphone.. the batt is nothing but falling apart ashes! thats how bad their batteries eventually will be. i am glad my storm2 batt can be replace easily.
    I second that notion! Why on earth apple would not make a removable battery is beyond me! And even more, why would they add a nice camera and then no flash! I'll keep my storm thank you very much lol
    06-12-10 09:25 AM
    My battery life was not that great so I bought a new OEM battery. That didn't help at all and I am getting the same life I had with the old one. With very lite use, I am at about 50% after 5-6 hours. I just unplugged the phone from the charger, made about a 2 minute phone call, and now I am at 96%. I don't think I should be losing 4% for a 2 minute call, should I? My reception was full bars during the call by the way.Here are the apps I have on my phone:

Google Mobile
    CrunchSMS
    ESPN Mobile Web
    Garmin Mobile
    MeterBerry
    Opera Mini
    PatternLock
    Poynt
    QuickPull
    Verizon Backup Assistant
    BBM
    06-12-10 10:36 AM
    No I do not.
    I would be willing to bet that there is a 3rd party app causing your issue.
    06-12-10 10:37 AM
    My battery life was not that great so I bought a new OEM battery. That didn't help at all and I am getting the same life I had with the old one. With very lite use, I am at about 50% after 5-6 hours. I just unplugged the phone from the charger, made about a 2 minute phone call, and now I am at 96%. I don't think I should be losing 4% for a 2 minute call, should I? My reception was full bars during the call by the way.Here are the apps I have on my phone:

Google Mobile
    CrunchSMS
    ESPN Mobile Web
    Garmin Mobile
    MeterBerry
    Opera Mini
    PatternLock
    Poynt
    QuickPull
    Verizon Backup Assistant
    BBM
    i deleted the google mobile and my battery since 7 am this morning is still at 80 percent with heavy usage
    06-12-10 07:30 PM

Google Mobile<---------Will drain your battery!
    CrunchSMS
    ESPN Mobile Web<---------- Also a big battery drain when running
    Garmin Mobile<--------Will drain your battery A LOT!
    MeterBerry
    Opera Mini
    PatternLock
    Poynt
    QuickPull
    Verizon Backup Assistant
    BBM
    What I have found with all of these
    06-12-10 07:46 PM
    I would be willing to bet that there is a 3rd party app causing your issue.
    I run the same 5 or 6 apps on 451 and the battery life is significantly better. The apps eating my battery are the 607 core apps.

Your vocabulary is superflous

What's really astounding is the number of worthless posts he's subjected us to.

Last edited by plkcable; 06-12-10 at 08:11 PM.
    06-12-10 08:02 PM
    i deleted the google mobile and my battery since 7 am this morning is still at 80 percent with heavy usage
    I run google mobile on my phone and it does NOT cause a battery drain. You don't leave it running, do you?
    06-12-10 08:04 PM
    You bought your Tour full retail?

Let us know how's your battery life with the same Apps and same usage patterns. I'm curious. I might just get a Tour myself. ;-)
    Nope, didn't pay retail. Got it from a CB member who used it for 3 months and sold it to switch to AT&T.

I wiped the VZW OS off and run a leak. Coincidentally the VZW 591 is garbage too. The Tour runs circles around S2 in battery life. Heavy web browsing, same apps plus Garmin and it still beats S2.

And Google Mobile is not a battery drainer. It's a search app. Close it when you're done.

Last edited by plkcable; 06-12-10 at 09:34 PM.
    06-12-10 08:25 PM
    Heavy web browsing, same apps plus Garmin and it still beats S2.

ah, at roughly 1/2 the screen size, why wouldn't it??

ever notice that a 10" netbook lasts for 6-8 hours and a 15-17" notebook has a hard time getting to 2 hours?
    06-12-10 08:31 PM
    I run google mobile on my phone and it does NOT cause a battery drain. You don't leave it running, do you?
    no i always exit out of the app by pressing menu then exit ,,,
    06-13-10 08:28 AM
    I second that notion! Why on earth apple would not make a removable battery is beyond me! And even more, why would they add a nice camera and then no flash! I'll keep my storm thank you very much lol
    For the same reason they did not make removable/upgrade memory. Planned obsolecence.

Can't upgrade or replace it, have to get a new device. The "new every two" is just that. Continuous cycle. They don't want you to use a perfectly good phone more than two years.
    06-13-10 08:42 AM
    For the same reason they did not make removable/upgrade memory. Planned obsolecence.

Can't upgrade or replace it, have to get a new device. The "new every two" is just that. Continuous cycle. They don't want you to use a perfectly good phone more than two years.
    Apple makes this very obvious! Always looking to omit something from a device this year so that they can add it next year! It took how many iphones for them just to add a simple camera flash??? But yet they focused so much on implimenting a compass last year????? For real???
    06-13-10 09:22 AM
    I run the same 5 or 6 apps on 451 and the battery life is significantly better. The apps eating my battery are the 607 core apps.
    The way apps integrate with the OS has as much to do with battery drain as the apps themselves. Most apps will have maintenance or incremental upgrades to them as the OS's evolve. This is because there are things that change in the core of the OS that the 3rd party apps have to conform to, not the other way around. So by going backwards to an older OS just solves the compatibility issue that your particular app is having issues with, it won't get any better in the future until the 3rd party updates their app in an updated compiler. I get 14 hours of moderate to heavy use with .607 and over 70 apps and themes loaded on my device. My average reboot is about once a week and rarely does my phone slow down. But when it does slow down I access my processes menu in the escreen and determine what is causing the slow down(most times it is xobni doing it's update that is the culprit).
    06-13-10 10:19 AM
    The way apps integrate with the OS has as much to do with battery drain as the apps themselves. Most apps will have maintenance or incremental upgrades to them as the OS's evolve. This is because there are things that change in the core of the OS that the 3rd party apps have to conform to, not the other way around. So by going backwards to an older OS just solves the compatibility issue that your particular app is having issues with, it won't get any better in the future until the 3rd party updates their app in an updated compiler. I get 14 hours of moderate to heavy use with .607 and over 70 apps and themes loaded on my device. My average reboot is about once a week and rarely does my phone slow down. But when it does slow down I access my processes menu in the escreen and determine what is causing the slow down(most times it is xobni doing it's update that is the culprit).
    I appreciate the info. I am well versed in BB devices having had 6 different models. 607, IMO is junk. It doesn't perform well for me, and have better results running the more stable OSs 451 and 517. The 607 findings/fixes thread has over 1,000 posts, certainly not all of them are positive. I said more than enough on this topic, and I'm waiting for a better upgrade to 517.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-13-10 at 10:32 AM.
    06-13-10 10:29 AM
    I appreciate the info. I am well versed in BB devices having had 6 different models. 607, IMO is junk. It doesn't perform well for me, and have better results running the more stable OSs 451 and 517. The 607 findings/fixes thread has over 1,000 posts, certainly not all of them are positive. I said more than enough on this topic, and I'm waiting for a better upgrade to 517.
    I've only owned the S1 and S2 BB devices and I find 607 works fine. Different strokes. (and it seems Verizon is not having any major complaints from it's many Storm owners, over 607. just look at THEIR forum)
    06-13-10 12:22 PM
241 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD