i been having terrible drain myself i charged it up took it off the charger went to bed again when i woke up it was more then half drained with no use i was like wtf??
    06-10-10 12:08 AM
    There are multiple reasons this could be happening. I'm seeing a few "oh yeah, it's....." type posts, but the reality is, it could be one, some or none of the above.

To really solve the puzzle, he needs to do a systematic process. Begin with doing an OS wipe and clean install. Install no apps, set your device to the standard, known settings (email, 1XEV, Brightness at 10-20, etc.) and then watch it for a few days. If there is still a problem, then we know it's the device itself or, perhaps a signal issue. Do *228 to update roaming. Keep an eye on your signal strength around the house and your travels. If you're not frequently in a low signal area, that probably dismisses that cause. Continue on down the list, including installing your apps one by one and watching each one. This is all a hassle, but I think it requires this systematic approach.

Most are not having problems with the battery. Some might wish for it to be a bit better, but personally, I can accept getting through any 24 hour period between charges (and I have apps and utilities, run Bluetooth and have GPS on).
    06-10-10 12:14 AM
    There are multiple reasons this could be happening. I'm seeing a few "oh yeah, it's....." type posts, but the reality is, it could be one, some or none of the above.

To really solve the puzzle, he needs to do a systematic process. Begin with doing an OS wipe and clean install. Install no apps, set your device to the standard, known settings (email, 1XEV, Brightness at 10-20, etc.) and then watch it for a few days. If there is still a problem, then we know it's the device itself or, perhaps a signal issue. Do *228 to update roaming. Keep an eye on your signal strength around the house and your travels. If you're not frequently in a low signal area, that probably dismisses that cause. Continue on down the list, including installing your apps one by one and watching each one. This is all a hassle, but I think it requires this systematic approach.

Most are not having problems with the battery. Some might wish for it to be a bit better, but personally, I can accept getting through any 24 hour period between charges (and I have apps and utilities, run Bluetooth and have GPS on).
    i totally agree, i was running a theme i got from here, installed a hybrid os, battery life kinda got better, last night i went back to the stock theme, ran that all day today, with moderate to heavy usage 13 hours later was still only down to 60 percent left on the battery.
    06-10-10 07:18 PM
    When you could get into the escreens and look at the processes that would tell you what was eating your battery alive as well as what was slowing the phone down to a crawl from time to time. If anyone is feeling brave find the "for advanced users" only thread in the storm 1 forums and a lot of research in that thread will yield you with good information.
    06-10-10 08:15 PM
    well prolly what people arent noting is the fact that battery temp also could play a big factor in this, if you are using the phone heavily the battery is going to get hot, causing rapid battery drain, i havent seen too many if any note the fact that when they are streaming via pandora or surfing the net,texting, calling or anything that if they actually noticed their phones felt abnormally warm, i know when i have noticed my massive battery drain my phone was really warm, now i use berry meter and have seen temps into the 100's and that is when i noticed the most loss of battery
    06-10-10 08:31 PM
    well prolly what people arent noting is the fact that battery temp also could play a big factor in this, if you are using the phone heavily the battery is going to get hot, causing rapid battery drain, i havent seen too many if any note the fact that when they are streaming via pandora or surfing the net,texting, calling or anything that if they actually noticed their phones felt abnormally warm, i know when i have noticed my massive battery drain my phone was really warm, now i use berry meter and have seen temps into the 100's and that is when i noticed the most loss of battery
    You want to feel a warm phone, find an old Star Tac and hold it up to your cheek during a several-minutes-long phone call! That sucker will burn your face.
    06-10-10 09:48 PM
    I hate this, my battery just lasted four hours, made three phone calls, each about 5 min long. Searched the net for about two min and received texts here and there. Nothing big. I honesly am getting fed up with BB. If it really takes so much juice why didnt they put a bigger or better battery in it. Thinking about going to the Droid after this.
    06-10-10 10:05 PM
    I hate this, my battery just lasted four hours, made three phone calls, each about 5 min long. Searched the net for about two min and received texts here and there. Nothing big. I honesly am getting fed up with BB. If it really takes so much juice why didnt they put a bigger or better battery in it. Thinking about going to the Droid after this.
    You have something running in the background or your signal is terrible.
    06-10-10 10:08 PM
    what u are experiencing is NOT NORMAL, dude! I can use my storm for several hours, along with browsing, streaming pandora for over an hour, and lots of BBM texting, and have more than 60% battery life after 12 hours. Your phone isn't configured correctly--you've got BS apps on it and/or some have the wrong settings, which are draining your battery. Are you signed in to Latitude? got lots of utilities? how about you list EVERY app on your phone, for starters, and we'll go from there.

or, like the previous poster mentioned, you've got a very weak signal, and that's something you can easily verify.
    06-10-10 10:14 PM
    my storm dies in a very short time. don't listen to the fanbois. the 607 radio is weak and is a prime candidate for hybridization.
    06-10-10 10:19 PM
    Joel, this confuses me. This thread started with someone complaining about their battery life (if I recall all the posts I've read, he's doing much better now, but I may have him confused with someone else) and several others chimed in with similar problems. Also though, many have posted that they're having little problem (me included). The battery RIM's using is a decent battery. Part of the problem is, battery technology has gone about as far as it can at the moment. That's not RIM's fault. Yep, they could put in a bigger battery, but then the phone would be bigger/thicker/heavier and people would complain about that.

I'm getting an average of 24 hours and still have life left, doing a lot more than you just listed. It is very likely, that it's some setting (overall setup/apps/utilities, etc., on your phone (read all the posts). Overall, the battery life on the Storm 2 is not a particular issue.

06-10-10 11:38 PM
    Whoops, just read Dave's post after I posted. Dave, I have a problem with what you said (even though we said the same thing). All those discussions are already here, LOL....that's why I said "read the posts." Every issue that might be the cause, has been discussed. Too many are simply unwilling to go through the diagnostics for a problem, and rather than search/read/learn, the cycle simply continues, on and on and on again...I'm laughing...this entire thread has covered the gamut and yet, a new post comes in, still blaming the device, rather than optimizing the settings and usage.

what u are experiencing is NOT NORMAL, dude! I can use my storm for several hours, along with browsing, streaming pandora for over an hour, and lots of BBM texting, and have more than 60% battery life after 12 hours. Your phone isn't configured correctly--you've got BS apps on it and/or some have the wrong settings, which are draining your battery. Are you signed in to Latitude? got lots of utilities? how about you list EVERY app on your phone, for starters, and we'll go from there.

or, like the previous poster mentioned, you've got a very weak signal, and that's something you can easily verify.
    06-10-10 11:43 PM
    Whoops, just read Dave's post after I posted. Dave, I have a problem with what you said (even though we said the same thing). All those discussions are already here, LOL....that's why I said "read the posts." Every issue that might be the cause, has been discussed. Too many are simply unwilling to go through the diagnostics for a problem, and rather than search/read/learn, the cycle simply continues, on and on and on again...I'm laughing...this entire thread has covered the gamut and yet, a new post comes in, still blaming the device, rather than optimizing the settings and usage.
    Yep, I'm in total agreement with you--people are STILL laying the blame on the device and/or the OS (607 in particular) when neither is the core problem. No matter how many times I mention that the phone is not inherently a battery killer; nor is 607, there are plenty of members here who simply don't believe it, because they haven't come to grips with the idea of ditching their battery sucking apps. so be it.
    06-11-10 12:41 AM
    my storm dies in a very short time. don't listen to the fanbois. the 607 radio is weak and is a prime candidate for hybridization.
    Your phone isn't configured correctly either or you have background apps running draining the battery.
    06-11-10 09:35 AM
    I tried .607 again with ooaks .732 hybrid, same apps, same settings, and surprisingly I have no issues this time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 10:06 AM
    Your phone isn't configured correctly either or you have background apps running draining the battery.
    No I do not.
    06-11-10 03:39 PM
    No I do not.
    Are you sure you know how to configure your S2?

My S2 can last 36 hours before the battery dies, and I keep GMail, Thestreet active while the phone is on, it is off not very often. I do not user nav apps or streaming as a matter of course.

So if youre phone is dying after an hour, then take it back and chalk it up to a short in the case (which it probably isn't).
    06-11-10 03:52 PM
    Are you sure you know how to configure your S2?

My S2 can last 36 hours before the battery dies, and I keep GMail, Thestreet active while the phone is on, it is off not very often. I do not user nav apps or streaming as a matter of course.

So if youre phone is dying after an hour, then take it back and chalk it up to a short in the case (which it probably isn't).
    My s2 is properly configured. The only apps running in the background are phone, home, browser, messages and bbm.

I don't stream anything. It doesn't die after an hour, about 5 or 6

06-11-10 04:11 PM
    I have just lasted about 26 hours with moderate use. Even with what I would consider heavy use, I get a full day with about 10% or so left.

Good times!
    06-11-10 04:17 PM
    My s2 is properly configured.

I don't believe it.

Either A) you have a bad battery, or B) you have some battery sucking apps on your phone.

If I had your phone in my possession, I'm sure I could determine why you are having such lousy battery life. OR, at the least, if you fessed up to EVERY app that's installed, we could pretty much deduce what's wrong over the internet.
    06-11-10 04:41 PM
    @ i7guy The best solution for me was going back to 451. No lags, much better battery life, and no memory leaks.

@dave buzz off noob

Last edited by plkcable; 06-11-10 at 04:54 PM.
    06-11-10 04:46 PM
    My s2 is properly configured. The only apps running in the background are phone, home, browser, messages and bbm.

I don't stream anything. It doesn't die after an hour, about 5 or 6

This catches my attention because up until earlier this week I've been using hybrids with the LEAKED .607 - I never bothered downloading the official until now.
    Every version I have checked out has been decent if not fairly good. Especially Ooak's .607/.676 hybrid which I mentioned earlier in this thread. Recently though I have been using the phone quite a bit, and battery life wasn't lasting ALL day like it was before at the time I posted those results. So I started playing with a few other hybrids, and at one point installed .517 as a base to compare versions. When I went back to .607 as a base earlier this week I installed the OFFICIAL .607 and tried two hybrids, with the result being I charged my phone 5 times in two days. As of today I'm using Ooak's .517/.580 version of the same hybrid that got me the best battery life when I was using .607 leak as a base, just to see how well it compares to that.
    06-11-10 04:53 PM
    @ i7guy The best solution for me was going back to 451. No lags, much better battery life, and no memory leaks.

@dave buzz off noob

your eloquence is astounding!
    06-11-10 04:58 PM
    I have never done the hybrid thing. It's easy enough to do but not worth the effort. 451 is rock solid. Now that I have my Tour I don't really use my S2m and don't really miss it either.

06-11-10 04:59 PM
    I have only the stuff running that I cant turn off, ie the phone and BB messanger. When I use a program, like FB for an example, i close it as soon as I am done with it, ialso will take a look to make sure nothing is running that shouldnt be. 4 hours I get. Im going into VZ today to raise a **** storm. I have another year and a half until my contracts over.
    06-11-10 06:19 PM
241 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD