Anyone know of any good ones?

one thing i love on the iphone is that if you are in NYC (or any other major city) and need to get from point a to point b, google maps will give you walking or public transportation directions based on where you currently are

hopstop requires you to actually know where you are and most of the time thats difficult

anyone know of any good commuter apps or when google will fix google maps??
    12-28-08 04:56 PM
    Moved to Storm 3rd Party Apps. Please post new threads in the correct subforum. Thanks.
    12-28-08 04:58 PM
    Google Maps for Storm also gives walking directions just as it does on the iPhone. It seems to work pretty well for me (even though the buttons on Google Maps for Storm are way too small). I don't really use HopStop, but there is a mobile site (hopstop.com/pda) but it works on mobile web.

I don't know of any currently, if there are going to be some I don't anticipate them coming out for a while. It seems like a lot of developers are waiting until the OS stabilizes and until the Storm gets a strong customer base.

I use the mobile web version of WMATA for the Washington DC metro system. Mobile Services
    12-28-08 05:02 PM
    but google maps still isnt working with our gps....
    12-28-08 05:16 PM
    Truth. It just depends on how accurate you require your placement. Sometimes the triangulation is pretty accurate and other times it's horrible.

Nobody knows when Google will access the Storm GPS for placement.
    12-28-08 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD