So a couple weeks ago I went to lunch at my favorite restaurant and in my haste to get back on "the mans" clock I walked out without my phone. I knew I left it there when I notice a few hours later. Short version I called both shift managers and neither of which said they had any lost phones. So day 2 I called canceled and filed insur claim to receive a new one. A week later the same manager called and said he has my phone. So my dilemma, can wifey activate old phone or am I setting up an azz whip for myself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:09 PM
    A lost/Stolen device is blacklisted by vzw. No dice on reactivating.
    03-24-09 07:10 PM
    So a couple weeks ago I went to lunch at my favorite restaurant and in my haste to get back on "the mans" clock I walked out without my phone. I knew I left it there when I notice a few hours later. Short version I called both shift managers and neither of which said they had any lost phones. So day 2 I called canceled and filed insur claim to receive a new one. A week later the same manager called and said he has my phone. So my dilemma, can wifey activate old phone or am I setting up an azz whip for myself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    verizon has the phone as lost or stolen so the ESN is longer good for activation
    03-24-09 07:11 PM
    you could always cancel the insurance claim and have them remove the original device from the lost/stolen list.
    03-24-09 07:11 PM
    also: the insurance claim will create a separate negative list, so asurion AND vzw will have to release the ESN. don't forget to get both to release the phone. it will save you $50.00 to cancel the insurance claim too.
    03-24-09 07:13 PM
    you could always cancel the insurance claim and have them remove the original device from the lost/stolen list.
    And send the "new" phone back....
    but at that point wouldnt you have to pay for the new one or send it back?
    I would assume that the new device has already arrived.
    03-24-09 07:16 PM
    It wasn't at Dave and Buster's, was it?
    03-24-09 07:18 PM
    they verify ESN. so when you get the phone, evaluate the situation. if your phone is in bad shape, keep the insurance one (if it is better anyway) and eat the $50.00 or send back the insurance phone and keep yours and save the $50.00 to buy us some beer for helping you.
    03-24-09 07:20 PM
    Yep new phone is here. Setup an running new and fav apps. Subconciously I knew better but the temptation was to much to let it lie. I guess old phone is a spare waiting to be replacement parts, audio player or cam. Thanks guys!
    03-24-09 07:22 PM
    No I didnt leave it at D&B, close though! The new one was brand new out of the box, cant pass it up.
    03-24-09 07:23 PM
    why do i see this same question every other stinking day? Use the search function people its there to help you.
    03-24-09 07:23 PM
    why do i see this same question every other stinking day? Use the search function people its there to help you.
    Its funny, you say it as though you have been here for years seeing the same question.
    03-24-09 07:30 PM
    It wasn't at Dave and Buster's, was it?
    Ha ha ha. That would have been such a coincidence.
    03-24-09 07:32 PM
    I agree with all these folks - call Insurance co and get your $50 back! Have VZW reactivate your old phone and 'Bob's your Uncle'!
    03-24-09 07:33 PM
    Ethically you should call verizon/insurance and return one of the phones.
    03-25-09 09:37 AM
    So a couple weeks ago I went to lunch at my favorite restaurant and in my haste to get back on "the mans" clock I walked out without my phone. I knew I left it there when I notice a few hours later. Short version I called both shift managers and neither of which said they had any lost phones. So day 2 I called canceled and filed insur claim to receive a new one. A week later the same manager called and said he has my phone.

So my dilemma, Can I commit insurance fraud? Is that okay?
    Fixed.

Why is it everyone wants to get something for nothing? Can I keep parts from a returned phone? What about warranty replacements? what can I keep? Can I scam the insurance company? Gimme somthing...gimme something free...gimme, gimme, gimme.
    03-25-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD