Does anyone else have this problem? If I do a full reboot I can get into this screen (you know, to select wallpaper, how many buttons on the home page etc)... And randomly it just stops working when i try to go into the options.
    12-12-08 10:35 AM
    i have the same issue.. usually it works for me but when it doesn't work, it needs a reboot in order to work.. not really much of a big deal for me since i don't constantly change any of those options.. but it is kinda aggravating. hopefully its just a software issue that can be resolved with the next update, whenever that is..

if you want to change your wallpaper and that option isn't working, just change it from your pictures folder.. select picture and set as home screen background.. thats the temporary workaround. as far as choosing number of icons.. haha you just have to do it when the option screen does work.
    12-12-08 11:21 AM
    I have the same problem and I just got back from the Verizon store for that issue. I recreated it and then it started working and then it stopped again. They looked up on the tech support they have directly to RIM and it is listed as an issue with RIM and is known. They said RIM stated it is not a hardware problem and not to replace the phone. It does appear to be a software problem so I am willing to wait and see how they correct it.

He got it working for a bit while in the store without the reboot but we could not figure out what we did while investigating it to make it work. So guessing something messed up on the OS to be corrected.

Gary
    12-12-08 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD