for goodness sake its a cell phone not actual computer it has limits, why dont everybody that hate the storm so much strap a laptop on their side if you want it to be so damn fast and better and more perfect -i feel much better now
    this is from this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/so-rant-200817/

note its the op of this thread saying that the storm is good, so umm yea this might seem a lil usless...hmm like someone trying to up their post count dont you think the mods should look into this as he several post raving the storm, and then ranting...hhmmmm
    05-18-09 09:20 AM
    that's kinda what i feel as well, i'm just speaking based on what has come from the discussions so far...i could care less about language or trolls, but the rules are clear. and if you break the rules, expect a reaction. that's my complaint. that some people aren't being held to the same standard as everyone else.
    i feel the same they delete my threads for calling someone a troll but their post about me being stormerbit*h is ok..hmmm just seems a lil f'd up
    05-18-09 09:21 AM
    man up and face the fact that expecting a cell phone to be more than that is idiotic - warning do not try insult me again
    I'm running 113 did a lot of the stuff you did and my storm runs fine. I haven't
    had barely any of the problems people have with their phone. I'm starting to wonder
    if everthing that people say negative about the storm is true, because my storm works nearly perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

They're alredy working a damn new version of the phone. I'm sorry I wasted a lot of money and time with it too so just face it, it was a failure. Sure its probably the best looking phone on the market, but we should have to suffer and wait until it operates better. I'm back to my curve now. I don't miss the storm except for the screen resolution, other than that my curve does everthing it did.

I finally gave up on the storm. I tried every leaked os, was really fast on keyboard, tried to hold on because I figured an (official os update) was on the way. To make a long story short I'm back to the curve and I don't miss the storm at all.

need i say more.
    05-18-09 09:26 AM
    My problem with all this is there's so many threads about the same subject, and its ridiculous for anyone to start new ones just to repeat the other ones. IMO its done on purpose 99% of the time just to ignite the 'flame' war. I had many a battle back in the day in MSN Chatrooms with peeps just for fun and MSN took over and started charging for access just to ween it out. And it did just that. But anyone who takes this sh.....i mean stuff serious is either a very lonely person or a danger to the community. Stormerman and i have PM'd a few times as have i with others but i wouldn't know em if i saw em. Its just a way to meet peeps with the same interests that you will never see in the 'real' world.

I appreciate CB bein here cuz i prolly wudnt be 'Stormin' if it wasn't. But fair is fair. The OP of this thread was trying to knock the Storm in the ground yet he can't even spell the word PAID correctly. That's like a guy who can't read tryin to teach me how to write! How am i supposed to take him seriously?? BB's are not your average phone, and the Storm is not your average BB. Its a 1st gen machine from RIM and people expect it to be perfect, but when you tell em the iPhone isn't perfect after 2+ years they weird out on ya. Sorry but i can't comprehend that.

All the rant threads...and a lot of others...turn into debates that end up gettin personal. Pickin on somebody that rants about the imperfections of a complicated 1st gen machine but can't spell 4th grade words is human nature. BUT ITS ALL IN FUN. Had i digged on...let's say for instance...his girlfriend...then yea i shoulda been banned, clubbed, and stoned to death. And whoopdee do for the people who dump the Storm for the....as i saw it called in another thread...'Perfected Device'....what do they want..a Purple Heart??? Give me a break!! Its just for attention, and IMO that's just plain sad.

I agree it does get a little ridiculous sometimes...all the flaming...but most of the time its obvious the threads are bait. But we ALL have opinions and we ALL should be able to express them. If they're gonna weed out the flamers, they should weed out the igniters as well.

Last edited by unseenme; 05-18-09 at 11:08 AM.
    05-18-09 11:01 AM
    That main problem with this site is the misinformation that is spread by the "experts" who have no clue.
    05-18-09 11:17 AM
    That main problem with this site is the misinformation that is spread by the "experts" who have no clue.
    See what i mean....

05-18-09 11:22 AM
    And I would then have to presume that you count yourself among the chief "experts" you complain of. You, more than probably anyone, just seem to pull things out of your arse and when challenged on it... ****** if you don't just mysteriously disappear from a thread, start claiming that no one but you could possibly comprehend it, that it's a well known fact, but only you seem to know it, or you just start insulting people and the thread degenerates into a big mess.
    05-18-09 11:26 AM
    but rc you are really one of the problems because you are complaining about something but you will not tell us what it is that is really the problem just that there is a '3rd' party and the storm sucks..maybe if you actually told us people would understand and not get angry with you but instead you flame everyone who doesnt know what your talking about, yet NO ONE is there, NO ONE can see your setup. so maybe before you knock everyone on the site you should enlighten us all or be banned for not wanting the information given by the 'experts' here.
    05-18-09 11:38 AM
    As said by another CrackBerry member:

"You sir, owe me another irony meter!"

What kind of "misinformation" do you claim is being spread? I see the vast majority of this site being expert users of their BlackBerry (whatever model) helping others with questions they have.

Who are you to judge my posts helping another user "misinformation"?
    05-18-09 11:52 AM
    Forget it hes gone again because there is no information for him to give or he would have gave it. He knows that we figured out that he was trying to do improper things on his work phone and now realizes that he cant post his problem here cause we will laugh
    05-18-09 11:54 AM
    told you he would run and never say anything again
    05-18-09 01:48 PM
    i <3 comical "uneducated users"
    05-18-09 02:07 PM
    I don't really like where this thread is going. Its on a slippery slope. Lets keep this on the intended topic please or it will unfortunately have to be removed.
    05-18-09 04:19 PM
    the snozberries taste like snozberries!! berry...thats on topic seee
    05-18-09 06:16 PM
    The way I see it is like buying a car. The car comes with certain specs from the manufacturer. These are the specs that the vast majority of buyers will accept and use. However, there will always be a small sub-set of buyers that know the car can perform better and start modding them with custom parts to pull that much more performance out of the same car.

EDIT: bigman2, seems like great minds think alike.
    That is true. However, would you accept the car if when you were driving it, all of a sudden it stopped, and then the engine restarted? How about if you turned the steering wheel to the left, there was a lag, before it actually started turning? Or if you parked your car and it had 8 gallons of gas, and then when you came back it somehow leaked 3 gallons and you were now only down to 5? Or if you had to pull the battery out every night, just so it would work smoothly the next day? Some people could live with those problems, but I doubt many people would. I can live with the failings, because I was aware of them ahead of time, and after all, it's just a phone. It's not a great one, but it does work most of the time without problems.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 05-19-09 at 12:13 AM.
    05-19-09 12:09 AM
    It's sad that people have to use unofficial and homemade operating system updates, in order to make a phone that's not cheap tolerable...funny. No one should have to void there warranty, and alter a product they payed good money for, in order to make it function a little better (because no leak has yet to fix much). Unbelievable... Wake-Up people....

I do agree with you, but the phone does run better than .75 so what the **** lol!
    05-19-09 01:19 AM
    ya know just close or delete this thread or whatever cause the guy who has the problem which is where we were trying to go with the thead wont answer a simple question. He cant tell us what his problem is so its pointless rccollins comes in flames us for being stupid we get mad, you punish us, he dissapears with no answer, just to come back and say we are stupid again for not being able to read his **** mind. So just shut it down, they will just start a new thread in ten min.
    05-19-09 05:58 AM
    I'll take a stab at guessing what RCCollins was referring to as 3rd party.

I think He means that since the "leaked" OS isn't coming directly from RIM or the carrier that it passes through "3rd Party" hands that could malciously add/remove/alter code for nefarious purposes thus jepordizing the security of the Storm.

As for the First post topic: Installing a leaked OS gives VZW the right to refuse to provide support for your phone while it is on said OS, but it does NOT void the warenty
    Last edited by Devlyn16; 05-19-09 at 10:10 AM.
    05-19-09 10:08 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stormy Daze
    man up and face the fact that expecting a cell phone to be more than that is idiotic - warning do not try insult me again

Quote:
    I'm running 113 did a lot of the stuff you did and my storm runs fine. I haven't
    had barely any of the problems people have with their phone. I'm starting to wonder
    if everthing that people say negative about the storm is true, because my storm works nearly perfect.

Quote:
    They're alredy working a damn new version of the phone. I'm sorry I wasted a lot of money and time with it too so just face it, it was a failure. Sure its probably the best looking phone on the market, but we should have to suffer and wait until it operates better. I'm back to my curve now. I don't miss the storm except for the screen resolution, other than that my curve does everthing it did.

Quote:
    I finally gave up on the storm. I tried every leaked os, was really fast on keyboard, tried to hold on because I figured an (official os update) was on the way. To make a long story short I'm back to the curve and I don't miss the storm at all.

need i say more.
    THANK YOU

this loser of an OP makes one of these useless threads every 2 days. it's a joke. We really need to start reporting stuff. Can we report a specific USER and get his **** banned?
    05-19-09 10:32 AM
    THANK YOU

Can we report a specific USER and get his **** banned?
    ...just so they can come back under another account.

I agree but its virtually impossible to keep trouble makers away. Threads should be monitored and dealt with immediately IMO. Its not that hard to see a bait thread.

05-19-09 10:45 AM
    stormerman and bigman2 are the same person, they troll around this board all day. I have noticed the same linguistic patterns in their posts, they are not fooling me.
    05-19-09 10:52 AM
    Uhoh... This thread's going downhill again. The personal attacks are starting up again.

Can we get back on-topic? Whatever it might have been.
    05-19-09 11:04 AM
    Uhoh... This thread's going downhill again. The personal attacks are starting up again.

Can we get back on-topic? Whatever it might have been.
    the topic was that stormy daze troll creating yet another panties in a knot thread about nothing and amounting to exactly nothing.
    05-19-09 11:24 AM
    That is true. However, would you accept the car if when you were driving it, all of a sudden it stopped, and then the engine restarted? How about if you turned the steering wheel to the left, there was a lag, before it actually started turning? Or if you parked your car and it had 8 gallons of gas, and then when you came back it somehow leaked 3 gallons and you were now only down to 5? Or if you had to pull the battery out every night, just so it would work smoothly the next day? Some people could live with those problems, but I doubt many people would. I can live with the failings, because I was aware of them ahead of time, and after all, it's just a phone. It's not a great one, but it does work most of the time without problems.
    There is actually a lag between when you turn the wheel on your car and the wheels actually turn, you just have learned to compensate for it.

But the gas analogy doesn't work, because app memory can be reclaimed. So, maybe some of the fuel "leaked" into the fuel line, causing the gas gauge to give an inaccurate reading, but that's really about as close as you're going to get. Horrible horrible analogy that doesn't even work remotely.

Now, if you wanted to talk about some of those wonderful cars that are running some version of Windows Mobile in the onboard computer systems, and those are crashing all the time, or resetting your stereo presets, etc... That might be an analogy you could get some traction with (no pun intended).

stormerman and bigman2 are the same person, they troll around this board all day. I have noticed the same linguistic patterns in their posts, they are not fooling me.
    Yep, nice try there CK. But when I outed you, I provided some actual analysis. It's not enough to simply say it, you've got to be able to back it up with something. Like how almost immediately after responding to a post by CK, I gave some tips on how to be less obvious, posts by RC changed almost to the letter with my suggestions. I am surprised it took you this long to think of pulling this particular stunt. I always figured you would try something like this almost immediately after I outed you. Kind of a slow burning fuse for a mind, eh?

Can I suggest that CK be forced into picking a SINGLE account, and the rest being deleted? If you take a close look at verbiage, spelling, and other key factors, it's not very hard to figure out they're the same person. And a while back CK actually admitted to being RC, Prada, and Oilbrnr. For right now, I can only say it's pretty obvious CK and RC are one in the same.
    05-19-09 11:32 AM
    As dubious as your claim is... At least bigman2 provides useful information to the ones here with questions. You know, the kind that actually explains things. Instead of how you spout "The Storm is jank" over and over like a broken record.
    05-19-09 11:49 AM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD