I just got my phone today and i wanted to change my home screen icons to 8 to 4. so when i go to portrait mode and clik the blackberry button twice and go to options to change it the options button does nothing. NOTHING. it dosent let me go to the options menu at all and everything else on my phone is working just fine. please help!
    01-04-09 01:55 AM
    Did ya remember to hit save?
    01-04-09 01:59 AM
    Try a battery pull bud. Take it out for 30 seconds, re insert and let the phone load up. Then, try it again.
    01-04-09 01:59 AM
    the battery pull did just the trick THANK YOU!!. wud anyone know y the taking out the battery wud work tho
    01-04-09 02:05 AM
    What do you mean by nothing? You can't get into the options, or there is no option to change the layout?

If you hit the menu key twice then scroll to options then select it you should see the option to change home screen layout

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 02:05 AM
    So you can't see this screen?

01-04-09 02:08 AM
    the battery pull did just the trick THANK YOU!!. wud anyone know y the taking out the battery wud work tho
    Glad I can help you out. Welcome to the forums by the way. Read the forums up frequently to learn more about your Storm. Battery Pulls are totally normal when it comes to Blackberrys
    01-04-09 02:08 AM
    wen i cliked the options button, it wud do nothing. i mean it wud go back to the menu each time it wouldnt go to the options screen it was like it was frozen. but i pulled the battery and that did the trik
    01-04-09 02:09 AM
    ye thats the screen that wasnt pulling up it was so frustrating. maybe its because my battery is in the red
    01-04-09 02:09 AM
    wen i cliked the options button, it wud do nothing. i mean it wud go back to the menu each time it wouldnt go to the options screen it was like it was frozen. but i pulled the battery and that did the trik
    It has happened to me as well. Do yourself a favor by going to the 3rd Party Apps Forum then go into the "Blackberry Storm OTA Apps" and download "QuickPull". It simulates a battery pull, it's free and very convenient. Go and download it using your Storm.

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-04-09 at 03:02 AM.
    01-04-09 02:59 AM
    Glad I can help you out. Welcome to the forums by the way. Read the forums up frequently to learn more about your Storm. Battery Pulls are totally normal when it comes to Blackberrys

True but I was better off with .75 than .83 when it comes to that. If .85 doesnt work out Im downgrading...
    01-04-09 03:55 AM
    Had the same problem here. I started a thread about it a couple weeks ago with some others who had the same problem. Never got to a fix besides the battery pull though. Which only seems to make it work once, then you need to pull again to get back into the options menu with the homepage layout.
    01-04-09 06:08 AM
    Had the same problem here. I started a thread about it a couple weeks ago with some others who had the same problem. Never got to a fix besides the battery pull though. Which only seems to make it work once, then you need to pull again to get back into the options menu with the homepage layout.
    I have exactly the same problem, wrote a post in a German BBforum, but got no answer. I thought, I was the only one with this problem. The pulling of the battery only works for one time. Hope, the next update will fix it...

01-04-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD