Grr all that waiting and it's slower than .76 was!!! Rotating the screen nothing happens for a good 2 seconds and then it finally rotates :S Will be going back to .76 asap.
    03-03-09 03:38 PM
    Oh yeah? Try sending an MMS message without a picture taken from the Storm. Then report back. Grey box appears. Not cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I am currently on .109 and last night sent a MMS just fine, I had heard that MMS wasn't working so I wanted to test it out. I snapped a pic and sent it and they received it just fine, no grey box or anything.
    03-03-09 03:51 PM
    The only problem I have is when people call my, everything on the screen scrambles and I can't ID the caller, plus I have to answer with the hard green key. But NDB, it still beats the heck out of every other leaked OS--and obviously the .75!
    03-03-09 03:52 PM
    to answer all of your comments at once. no im not ignorant im very very savvy with technology, especially mobile devices. the upgrade went fine i just see no noticable improvement in .109 from the .75 i had. BUT i just got the .75 from manufacturer as a replacement for my old phone as you can tell from my sig. for some reason my first phone on .75 sucked donkey. on the new one i had it performed wonderfully. no serious improvement on this particular device but im sure it would have helped my old one. as for apps running i have
    BuzzMe
    LogMaid
    Facebook
    i have 5 games total and 5 apps that didnt come with the phone. thats it. there are people on here that i know have way more crap on their phones than i do. i did notice i had more memory once i switched to .109. i had ~30 now im running typically ~35-36. even with this memory boost, no noticeable improvement on speed of device on orientations, no noticeable improvement on lock/unlock (takes about 3 seconds) browser is still slow. typing is still easy but use suretype im not sure about landscape.
    03-03-09 04:04 PM
    I see no reason whatsoever to load .109. In fact everything after .90 seems useless.

I have not been able to detect one single noticeable improvement since .90

I keep installing the new ones and keep going back to .90
    03-03-09 04:22 PM
    Oh yeah? Try sending an MMS message without a picture taken from the Storm. Then report back. Grey box appears. Not cool.

I saved a pic from myspace using my phone's browser and was able to send it via MMS. But when I clicked the pic (entered zoom view) and tried it the grey box came up. So I had to use the smaller (unclicked/ unzoomed) pic. But I have a friend who always seems to get the messy end of the stick from these leakes OS's while mine seem to work perfectly fine except for the lags of the previous leaks. .109 seems to be by far the best for me. Sorry that u're having problems homie.
    03-03-09 04:38 PM
    welcome to .109! not much difference if you're coming from .103.. but should make whole lot of difference if you're coming from .75 or .76
    03-03-09 04:40 PM
    I see no reason whatsoever to load .109. In fact everything after .90 seems useless.

I have not been able to detect one single noticeable improvement since .90

I keep installing the new ones and keep going back to .90
    I never had .90 but I've had .99,.103, n .109...OS.99 seemed to be faster and less laggier than .75. .103 has the portrait qwerty keyboard n green "GO" button like .99 and seemed to b a lil faster but not a big difference still lagged a lil. .109 finally has the stereo bluetooth in video mode again like in .75 (other leaks excluded it), runs smoother, & rarely lags.
    03-03-09 04:44 PM
    I agree with everyone on the typing accuracy improving with .109. But the only problem is that being a constant texter on .75 for the last few months had me used to the old sloppier keyboard. I have to actually put my finger over the letter I want now, and my brain cannot get used to that! So my typing has gone down hill, but I'm sure I'll learn it like I did the first one in time.
    03-03-09 05:17 PM
    I thought so too at first, but I've encountered some problems.

1) The BT in video still isn't working right. Glad it's back, but it needs to work correctly or it's useless.

2) After 4 or 5 days I started getting random reboots while taking pictures.

3) Today the green box for the camera autofocus disappeared. It still focuses fine, there's just no box. Oh wait, I just checked and it's back now.

4) My message notifiers still aren't consistent. Sometimes they play the sounds I have them set for and sometimes they just "ding."

5) My Storm is VERY slow to lock now, and it used to be instantaneous. When I press the lock button it takes about 5 seconds of the spinning clock before it locks. Unlocks instantly though.

6) Still have the problem where it shows on the home screen that I have messages when I don't.

7) My signal meter is psycho, jumping from no bars to full bars to no bars, etc constantly. Haven't dropped any calls, so it seems to just be the meter itself? Also, my "EV" comes and goes.

8) memory leaks are pretty severe on this one. Not as bad as .103, but still bad.

Problems aside, they are definitely making progress and I'm confident that the Gold Code is near. I will just sit back and wait for the next one!
    03-03-09 05:24 PM
    I switched back to .106 , the battery life was terrible with .109 not even lasting 8 hrs from a full charge.

TD
    03-03-09 05:25 PM
    I am currently on .109 and last night sent a MMS just fine, I had heard that MMS wasn't working so I wanted to test it out. I snapped a pic and sent it and they received it just fine, no grey box or anything.
    The problem isnt with snapping a pic and sending it....that works fine. It's when someone sends you a pic or a graphic funny and then you forward it to someone else. The person you forward it too gets a grey box.
    03-03-09 05:40 PM
    I am assuming that by "God" we mean randomly rebooting and glitchy.
    03-03-09 05:45 PM
    right guys./girls first of many questions cause i swear this piece of **** is heading for the garbage unless i can get it upgraded to .109 tonight....firt of i have a 9500....will it still upgrade, running .078 at moment???
    03-03-09 06:20 PM
    Strong title for this forum.

03-04-09 05:29 AM
    I'm still on .75 I want an official update

03-04-09 05:37 AM
    i was running on .76 till last night.. i didn't wanna upgrade i wanted to wait for a official release but i did anyway... and damn .109 is noticeably faster.. other then the overall speed im not sure what else is different.. and u get some stupid phone icon i hid that lol.. im guessing msn still dosent work with this upgrade?
    03-04-09 07:19 AM
    oh another thing i have noticed with 109 the Memory Cleaning Application is gone..
    03-04-09 07:21 AM
    I have seen some Internet freezing and need to pull the battery. Other than that it is stable.
    03-04-09 07:55 AM
    OMG YOU FOUND A BUG IN A BETA OS?? NO WAY!!!! There are usually ZERO bugs in BETA OSs, so I guess we should throw our phones away now.
    Some of us bought the phone specifically so we could send MMS messages with pictures that our phones didn't take, so that was a HUGE selling point. And now you're telling me it doesn't work on a beta operating system? I'm flushing my phone down the toilet as I type.
    I found this "bug" by accident as well...when forwarding an MMS with a pic not taken by my phone, it only forwards a brown box. Interesting.

Too bad that the leaked .109 is so much of an improvement and too bad that I really love using the Storm...now I have to chuck it out of my car at 70 MPH. Sigh.
    03-04-09 09:12 AM
    For a not so short message of more than 160 characters.
    Send an email maybe? LOL
    03-04-09 09:34 AM
    right guys./girls first of many questions cause i swear this piece of **** is heading for the garbage unless i can get it upgraded to .109 tonight....firt of i have a 9500....will it still upgrade, running .078 at moment???
    Yes, you can upgrade to .109 but you have to get the 9500 version. just search for the official leak .109 9500 and it should come up.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-165989/

as for how to upgrade, there's a nice tutorial stickied on the first page of this subforum. should answer most of your questions about how to upgrade, etc.
    03-04-09 09:35 AM

7) My signal meter is psycho, jumping from no bars to full bars to no bars, etc constantly. Haven't dropped any calls, so it seems to just be the meter itself? Also, my "EV" comes and goes.
    one of my old "dumb" phones did that and the only way to fix it was dial *22899, so maybe give that a try? (for whatever reason this was the only thing that would work, did the *228, option 2 and that didn't work, but *22899 did)
    03-04-09 09:38 AM
    oh another thing i have noticed with 109 the Memory Cleaning Application is gone..
    Huh? No its not. Where are you looking for it?

Try Options | Security Options | Memory Cleaning.

03-04-09 09:54 AM
    Like Night & Day, definitely worth the risk if there is one!
    03-04-09 10:26 AM
125 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD