did a search and nothing definite came up. new to blackberries and the whole sleep mode holster. will the sleep mode still work no matter what settings are set on your storm ? i like the idea of battery saving but dont wanna alter any of my settings, plus i have several custom ringtones for people. running .75 just in case that matters. thanks for any help given
    04-04-09 01:18 PM
    anyone ??????
    04-04-09 02:03 PM
    The BB will go into sleep mode whenever it is placed into a holster that contains a sleep magnet. If you place a BB in a holster that doesn't have a sleep magnet it won't go into this mode. While in sleep mode, if you get a call, email, text, etc, the device will come out of sleep to notify you but then will go back into the mode after a few seconds. Since you say that you are using .75 and custom ringtones, make sure to create a custom sound profile if there is a time you need for the device to be silent and only vibrate. The reason for this is because the .75 OS has a bug that sounds custom ringtones regardless of settings. This problem has been fixed with the latest leaked betas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 02:22 PM
    The BB will go into sleep mode whenever it is placed into a holster that contains a sleep magnet. If you place a BB in a holster that doesn't have a sleep magnet it won't go into this mode. While in sleep mode, if you get a call, email, text, etc, the device will come out of sleep to notify you but then will go back into the mode after a few seconds. Since you say that you are using .75 and custom ringtones, make sure to create a custom sound profile if there is a time you need for the device to be silent and only vibrate. The reason for this is because the .75 OS has a bug that sounds custom ringtones regardless of settings. This problem has been fixed with the latest leaked betas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i couldnt have asked for a more perfect answer than that !!!! thank you very much armaK, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND !!!!!!
    04-04-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD