When I hold the bb button down I get 6 items showing up....everyone else I talk to only have 5 showing up. How can I close them?
    I have the following items showing up....
    Web
    Phone
    Bbmesanger
    App. Center

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 04:01 PM
    you don't. they remain open in the background. you'll always have 5-6 running.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-24-09 at 04:17 PM.
    03-24-09 04:13 PM
    when the list comes up, click on the one you want closed.
    then click bb button and select close. it isnt possible to close all programs, i believe its four that stay open anytime the phone is on.
    please correct me if i am wrong.
    03-24-09 04:15 PM
    I have 5 -- all of the ones listed by the OP, except the App. Center.
    03-24-09 04:19 PM
    Is there any way that you can rearrange them like you can with the home screen and menu ???
    03-24-09 04:28 PM
    there are 5 default apps that are always running...

browser
    phone
    homescreen

these will always show up as they are always running
    03-24-09 04:37 PM
    If your never going to use BBM, delete it.. I have 7 friends with BB and none of them use it so its off my phone.

Also the app center you can change that to a manual update so that way its not always there..
    03-24-09 04:42 PM
    Yep manual update worked. You have to battery pull and then it will be removed from the list

03-24-09 05:41 PM
    Mine always has 7. The normal 5 as well as Google Talk and MobiPocket Reader. Speaking of which, I should delete it, because I never actually use it.
    03-24-09 05:43 PM
    good call with turning off auto refresh on app center. i was wondering why my friends storm didnt always have it running but mine did.
    03-24-09 06:18 PM
    Why does the browser remain open? What tasks is it running in the background, 24/7?
    03-24-09 06:29 PM
    Why does the BB browser remain open? Is it connected somehow with the Mail function? My PC gets mail with the browser closed. What tasks is the BB browser running in the background, that it has to be on 24/7?
    03-24-09 06:30 PM
    you can close the app center so it isn't always in the background
    03-24-09 06:35 PM
    This must be a Storm thing... The holding the button thing. Otherwise yes, you can't close those apps from all that I can tell.
    03-24-09 06:55 PM
    This must be a Storm thing... The holding the button thing. Otherwise yes, you can't close those apps from all that I can tell.
    Actually... With the new release of 4.6.0.247 for Bold, i'ts not just a Storm thing anymore... I kind of like that feature actually, lets me switch apps much quicker.
    03-25-09 02:18 PM
    the app center can be taken away if you turn off auto refresh and then properly close the app. you should only have 5 items then
    03-25-09 02:24 PM
    I have a question about the running programs in the bb meun screen...

Is there a way to determine if an application will show in this menu before you download it? I purchase apps from the crackberry app store and from the bb app world, and I would like to know is there a way to determine if the app will be show in this menu screen. I purchases MR. Numbers (which crashed my phone by the way) and it had two instances of the program running in this menu. I also have Kcast and it is always in this menu. I am fine with the browser and the rest on the normal stuff. I would just like it if the new programs would not show up there.
    12-24-10 10:01 AM
    Downloaded apps will show in app switcher if they are opened/logged in/not closed etc. Can you go into Kcast and exit out of the app? Press menu and look for Exit or Close or Sign Out. Then it shouldn't show in app switcher.

12-25-10 05:15 PM
    Downloaded apps will show in app switcher if they are opened/logged in/not closed etc. Can you go into Kcast and exit out of the app? Press menu and look for Exit or Close or Sign Out. Then it shouldn't show in app switcher.

Yes kcast does have a exit option. When I exit out of the application it still shows in app switcher.

12-25-10 05:21 PM
    That's odd. Is there a Close button maybe? Some apps you have to completely shut down so they don't run in the background. You may be exiting but have it set to still be signed in or have the app running. Look in the apps Options for this as well. I'm not familiar with that app. Maybe someone who is will chime in.

12-25-10 05:24 PM
    Yes I have completely closed out and its still there. I even turn auto updates off and its still there. The app is a stock trading tool that allows me to see the current prices for precious and base metals.

12-25-10 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD