05-22-09 12:05 PM
1,048 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    Delta you are the best. App is working great and smooth. I kinda like this idea better to only have contacts of people that have pics. Either way, thanks for the good work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 03:55 PM
    How come it takes so long to open it if the program was previously closed

01-30-09 04:03 PM
    Great app. So far so good. This in conjunction with the QuickLaunch app is awesome.

Good work!
    01-30-09 04:30 PM
    Thanks for updating the program to show only the contacts with pictures. This cut the load time enough to make facecall usable for me again.

01-30-09 04:58 PM
    I have been following this thread and updating periodically since the beginning. Each firmware update has been better but unusable for me due to the long startup times. Also, since I already have access to my full contact list I felt this program was redundant and unsuable due to the long load times. Now, this latest revision is the best so far. I like that it only shows contacts that have pics. This makes sense as this program is called facecall. This new firmware allows me load the program quickly and to see only the contacts I care enough to take photos of. Excellent work delta! I hope you will keep it as photos only with the ability to add individual photoless contacts as desired. This way this would be the main contact source for most every day calling. I would also like to add my support for the flick scrolling!
    01-30-09 05:11 PM
    Working great for me.

An idea for those that want contacts that have no pictures on the list, make a generic picture and use it for those contacts. Sort of like the little body outline I made earlier.
    01-30-09 05:13 PM
    Oh ok, that works. Lol.
    01-30-09 06:13 PM
    love the face it only shows those with pictures!
    01-30-09 06:16 PM
    An idea for those that want contacts that have no pictures on the list, make a generic picture and use it for those contacts. Sort of like the little body outline I made earlier.
    Forgot to mention this, RIM has a bunch of included pics you can use for this purpose, various ages, job roles for both genders etc.

After you go 'Add Picture' from editing the contact, click on the 'contacts' folder.
    01-30-09 09:34 PM
    Delta, this is off the hook now!!! Thanks alot!
    01-30-09 10:13 PM
    Ok new version up, 0.3.22, this does a couple of new things, firstly it will now run in the background by default, there is a menu item you can select to stop this behaviour and it will exit instead of backgrounding itself.

It doesn't automatically start on boot-up, although I've been pondering about turning that on for the time being I'll leave it as is, since people seem to suggest it's running pretty quickly as is.

Another new feature is, I kept hitting the "send" key all the time if a face was already selected, at present that brings up the usual screen, but I might have it optionally jump to sms or calls depending on personal preference.
    01-31-09 06:10 AM
    This app has really matured.
    Thanks!
    One question;
    I like the idea of having only the ones with pictures, but lets say I have a contact with a picture and I DON"T want it in Facecall.
    Thanks again
    01-31-09 06:19 AM
    This app has really matured.
    Thanks!
    One question;
    I like the idea of having only the ones with pictures, but lets say I have a contact with a picture and I DON"T want it in Facecall.
    Thanks again
    I'm still dreading adding multiple email addresses as it's going to do bad things to the current memory.

Although it should be easy to store an exempt list of UIDs you don't want imported and they get skiped just like photo-less contacts do now.
    01-31-09 06:23 AM
    What about the idea that Picdial uses,
    manually add the contacts one by one that you want via "contact lookup" link to the address book.
    01-31-09 06:42 AM
    Oh and don't upgrade to 0.3.24 if you are worried about weightings, I've changed the memory structure to accomodate multiple email addresses and this will break existing memory structures. 2009 and more CPU power than the current space shuttle and no decent method of storing data on these devices.... Anyone else not ticked off by how limiting RIMs imagination seems to be?
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-31-09 at 06:54 AM.
    01-31-09 06:51 AM
    manually add the contacts one by one that you want via "contact lookup" link to the address book.
    Cause I'm lazy and I added pics to all the contacts I wanted to see in Face Call
    01-31-09 06:52 AM
    0.3.24 allows multiple emails to work, doesn't work exactly the same yet as the calls/sms, but I'll get to that, and the black list isn't working 100% yet either for some reason.
    01-31-09 06:56 AM
    0.3.28 is now up, this actually makes the blacklisting functionality I added in an earlier version actually work

Also multiple email addresses are working properly now too.
    01-31-09 08:08 AM
    0.3.28 is now up, this actually makes the blacklisting functionality I added in an earlier version actually work

Also multiple email addresses are working properly now too.
    Nice, App is running even smoother now. Love the option to run in the background. To be honest this App actually loads faster that RIM's default Apps. Great job again and keep up the good work.
    01-31-09 09:05 AM
    Excellente!

FYI - Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it looks like the code is set backwards for "Remain in Background". When I set it to this, it opens up slower and is not showing in the running apps. When I set it to not run in background, it opens right up and shows in the running apps.

Originally Posted by jaoros
    I don't recommend this. I've demo'd this and almost bought it, but when you upgrade the OS you lose all your work. And it wasn't easy because you have to manually edit your own pics. No lookup from your own contact pics. It is much better to let the app lookup what is already in place and then blacklist as done here. Great work!
    Last edited by toylvr; 01-31-09 at 09:26 AM.
    01-31-09 09:15 AM
    working very well now.

Only thing I can think of as a suggestion is the ability to move an individual contact in the home screen (or elsewhere).
    01-31-09 09:19 AM
    Excellente!

FYI - Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it looks like the code is set backwards for "Remain in Background". When I set it to this, it opens up slower and is not showing in the running apps. When I set it to not run in background, it opens right up and shows in the running apps.
    I really hate logic errors

I don't recommend this. I've demo'd this and almost bought it, but when you upgrade the OS you lose all your work. And it wasn't easy because you have to manually edit your own pics. No lookup from your own contact pics. It is much better to let the app lookup what is already in place and then blacklist as done here. Great work!
    I'm planning to add an export feature, so that before you upgrade, or even as a precaution you can backup your settings and then import the changes later. Although it's down the list for the time being for reason beyond my control that will become clearer shortly.
    01-31-09 09:52 AM
    working very well now.

Only thing I can think of as a suggestion is the ability to move an individual contact in the home screen (or elsewhere).
    This has already been covered, no idea what page number(s), but to do this you would need individual apps, you can't just dump a contact there, and having a folder full of contacts and launching them doesn't seem to have much advantage over an app listing all contacts.
    01-31-09 09:54 AM
    Delta, I went to install the latest version, and it installed just fine. I was then prompted to reboot, which I went ahead with.

Now my phone is in an endless reboot cycle. Is there anyway to fix this without a complete JL_Cmder wipe? The problem is I am on BES and need my email through the weekend.

Please help!
    01-31-09 11:26 AM
    Hey Delta I just want to thank you for BOTH FREE aps of yours I am using. Both are very needed apps and your dilligence to fixing problems is verry appreciated. Are you planning to charge for any of your apps because if not I would like to donate something. You are providing wanted and needed apps with a great deal of time expended on your part.
    01-31-09 01:12 PM
1,048 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD