05-22-09 12:05 PM
1,048 12345 ...
tools
    Just DLd .20 to my Storm.. seems to work just fine.

But, as I'm sure you know, I still have ALL the contacts show [empty white boxes..] instead of just ones w/ pictures. Would be nice to have that eliminated - or atleast have it show their names in the boxes instead? ya know? But it's a cool little app, and a good idea. I like it.
    12-30-08 07:17 PM
    do i have to uninstall the old version first?
    12-30-08 07:22 PM
    Just DLd .20 to my Storm.. seems to work just fine.

But, as I'm sure you know, I still have ALL the contacts show [empty white boxes..] instead of just ones w/ pictures. Would be nice to have that eliminated - or atleast have it show their names in the boxes instead? ya know? But it's a cool little app, and a good idea. I like it.
    So many ideas, so little time to code everything,

I'll get round to fixing up the blank pics shortly, trying to get the call/sms bit done where there is multiple numbers atm.
    12-30-08 07:24 PM
    do i have to uninstall the old version first?
    No, but the phone sometimes reboots when you upgrade an app, these small ones it's hit and miss if it will want to reboot or not.
    12-30-08 07:26 PM
    Oh dude, take your time. It's a sweet idea/app
    12-30-08 07:30 PM
    Out of curiousity, how many people set photos againts the majority of their contacts?
    12-30-08 07:32 PM
    Out of curiousity, how many people set photos againts the majority of their contacts?
    I usually set about 10 photos out of hundreds of contacts... just for the important people
    12-30-08 07:34 PM
    v 0.0.25 is now up, this version allowe you to pick which number to call or sms if you have multiple to pick from, otherwise just calls/sms's and skips this step.
    12-30-08 07:39 PM
    nice... looks like your getting good at this...
    12-30-08 07:41 PM
    I'm actually about to go through my FBook and Myspace, etc., and grab pics of a lot of my friends then transfer them to my BB and place them with contacts.
    12-30-08 07:41 PM
    I only do a few but if this app keeps improving I will do more.
    And I'm sure it will improve!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 07:42 PM
    It is coming along nicely. This app has huge potential.

12-30-08 07:49 PM
    Delta don't forget to add what number is what. Can get confusing with some contacts. But other wise its looking good. Keep us updated like always

I'm about to do the same thing
    I'm actually about to go through my FBook and Myspace, etc., and grab pics of a lot of my friends then transfer them to my BB and place them with contacts.
    12-30-08 08:10 PM
    Great! It's getting better and better.

Do you plan to add support for bb messenger, yahoo messenger and google talk? That whould be great.

Or better yet, just add an option to open the contact in the address book and the user will take it from there. (isn't this a good idea?)
    12-30-08 08:26 PM
    awesome app. Would be happy to make a donation if your so inclined....
    12-30-08 08:41 PM
    new version is looking great. By the way i had 31.8 available memory before i ran facecall. After i ran it I have 34.8... very strange... I am on .85
    12-30-08 08:46 PM
    If this keeps getting better I'll pull them off the internet and set them to my more commonly dialed ones (close friends, roommates, mom, dad, etc).

You're extremely good at this dude, you may be sitting very very nicely in a couple months when the app store hits provided that it allows 3rd party? (I'd only assume that it will)

The only problem it has which I THINK has been mentioned is that it's only white where there are no pics. gotta figure out how to get it so it says a name with a question mark or something like that....that or so you can have it shows only people you have pics for...not quite sure what the best route for that is though....hmmm
    Last edited by CSSVT; 12-30-08 at 09:02 PM.
    12-30-08 08:57 PM
    Ijust used paintbrush app and wrote out some of my contacts names and saved as jpegs. Looks great on the white background. I only have about 300more to go LOL
    12-30-08 09:08 PM
    If this keeps getting better I'll pull them off the internet and set them to my more commonly dialed ones (close friends, roommates, mom, dad, etc).
    One feature could be to pull them in some how, but yea, very low on the priority list.

You're extremely good at this dude, you may be sitting very very nicely in a couple months when the app store hits provided that it allows 3rd party? (I'd only assume that it will)
    Signed up for the app store notification yesterday, still waiting to hear back from them, not an automated sign up even.

The only problem it has which I THINK has been mentioned is that it's only white where there are no pics. gotta figure out how to get it so it says a name with a question mark or something like that....that or so you can have it shows only people you have pics for...not quite sure what the best route for that is though....hmmm
    I've been thinking some more about this, in addition to sorting by most used to least used, you could sort to put pictures ahead of non-picutres, or just not display the others.
    12-30-08 09:37 PM
    Ijust used paintbrush app and wrote out some of my contacts names and saved as jpegs. Looks great on the white background. I only have about 300more to go LOL
    I'm working on this now...
    12-30-08 09:37 PM
    you could sort to put pictures ahead of non-picutres, or just not display the others.

That could be argued either way. On one hand it's obvious that people who have pictures for their names are more commonly dialed and thus more likely to be dialed by the app thus not needing those without pics.

BUT my problem with putting in order of most dialed to least dialed is that it completely throws off alphabetical order which, in my mind anyway, is the default mode for me to search. I'd opt to put alphabetical order contacts WITH pics then alphabetical order contacts WITHOUT JMHO
    12-30-08 09:44 PM
    If you have 1000+ contacts as someone keeps claiming I doubt alpha sorting would help

In any case, ordering is arbitary and there is no reason it can't be alpha sorted if that's what the user wants, have a settings screen with this sort of stuff.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 12-30-08 at 09:55 PM.
    12-30-08 09:52 PM
    I downloaded and received the error when attempting to run the program:

"Uncaught exception: String index out of range: -1"

any else received this?
    12-30-08 10:05 PM
    I downloaded and received the error when attempting to run the program:

"Uncaught exception: String index out of range: -1"

any else received this?
    same here..Had to enable compatibility mode to run
    12-30-08 10:15 PM
    Hey, I see you updated to 29. What issues were addressed?
    12-30-08 10:33 PM
1,048 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD