05-22-09 12:05 PM
1,048 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Not sure if this is true (although you'd know ) but I only have maybe 10 contacts with pics (out of maybe 100 contacts).

It seems if I keep deleting and then re-loading I start to get them all back (I did it maybe 3x and now I have them there. Just sucks cause now I have to re-weigh.

Please keep up the great work.
    Take that back....I was getting my A-D's back but not knowing I was loosing the back end.....Now I am missing P's to Z's.

Uggg....So close....
    01-18-09 11:05 PM
    I agree going backwards isn't a solution; I just would like the option to go back to a version that worked flawless for me personally. Definitely not recommending everyone to go back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 11:30 PM
    By the way, this app is AWESOME. Definitely appreciate all the hard work going into it and the frequent updates.

01-18-09 11:32 PM
    0.1.0 redux is now up, it stores each contact + photo in it's own memory location, and just keeps tabs on where all the data is scattered in a different location. I also set the main memory location to be different so you won't need to erase but you will need to import your address book.

Let me know how this goes.
    01-18-09 11:58 PM
    0.1.0 redux is now up, it stores each contact + photo in it's own memory location, and just keeps tabs on where all the data is scattered in a different location. I also set the main memory location to be different so you won't need to erase but you will need to import your address book.

Still missing A-D's (100 contacts, 10 with pics).

DL'd. re-booted per install. After re-boot everything looked fine, went down list and saw missing (I think T's-Z's). Erased Cache, program exited, re-launched, Loaded Address Booked. Closed APP, re-launched, now missing A-D's.

FYI.
    01-19-09 09:11 AM

Now I only have P-Z, with duplicates. Load time is now about half a minute.

01-19-09 11:15 AM
    Doesn't work for me, will take a screen of it later. Sai I'm missing something.
    Edit nevermind. Didn't realize I was in the storm area. Sorry guys n girls.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at qapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 12:42 PM
    i'm getting a uncaught exception blah blah when i hit the icon
    01-19-09 12:47 PM
    I'm running .1.2 now and my OS is .86. I still am missing a lot of contacts and your picture theory doesn't hold true for me. I have only 4 contacts out of about 80 with pictures and I this hasn't changed since I started using FaceCall many weeks ago. Again my FaceCall worked perfectly with .7.20 and since I upgrade to the .8 version and everything beyond that my installs have been messed up.

I have erased the cache many many times, restarted and battery pulled phone many times and reloaded address book many times and still missing contacts.

Also I haven't even added any contacts or edited any since I was running .7.20 which was running perfectly.
    01-19-09 06:26 PM
    starts working, but if you click leave in background or whartever, i get triplets of all the contacts/

you need to have a place to keep all the builds even the earlier ones. so people can get access to them, but it doesnt work
    01-19-09 06:40 PM
    could you make a different link for the NON redux versions, those ones all worked including running in the backgrounds, these dont , they mess everything up
    01-19-09 06:43 PM
    You can't sort or filter what gets truncated.
    What I meant was, that you should start working on the ability to show only contacts from a certain group, and since the group will consist of 10-15 names, all of them will show in your program.
    01-19-09 07:22 PM
    What I meant was, that you should start working on the ability to show only contacts from a certain group, and since the group will consist of 10-15 names, all of them will show in your program.
    That's just it, even though 10-15 names would show the system would still need to track the rest in the background.
    01-19-09 10:03 PM
    could you make a different link for the NON redux versions, those ones all worked including running in the backgrounds, these dont , they mess everything up
    When I made the suggestion about keeping a stable link apart from a beta version I was told people preferred to try the beta only so I haven't kept old copies.
    01-19-09 10:05 PM
    I also receive an uncaught exception java null blah blah something when I click on the icon....did I do something wrong...running os .85
    01-20-09 12:03 AM
    I also receive an uncaught exception java null blah blah something when I click on the icon....did I do something wrong...running os .85
    Generally no, it's something I've overlooked trapping, I'm still pondering the current storage prediciment and trying to figure out the best solution from here, the lack of a good embedded database solution on the BB is kind of annoying to say the least.
    01-20-09 12:30 AM
    Actually I'm thinking of cheating somewhat, I'll come back to that shortly but it'll take me a bit to recode to implement what I have in mind.
    01-20-09 12:38 AM
    0.2.0 is up, I've disabled photos to see if these are causing the problems, if so I'll work to figuring out a different/another solution for them.
    01-20-09 01:23 AM
    Are you storing the contact information in am array an acessing the information that way or are you using a method from the bb api to hold the info. Multi dementional array may be the way to go. Also may help speed.

01-20-09 01:33 AM
    Are you storing the contact information in am array an accessing the information that way or are you using a method from the BB api to hold the info. Multi dimensional array may be the way to go. Also may help speed.
    The API is slow, I was originally just pulling from this, but it's too slow, so I'm using a vector stored as a persistent object, but this is being truncated due to artificial limitations.
    01-20-09 02:28 AM
    Awesome idea. I loved having this feature on my Dare. On the Dare, you selected 10 favorite contacts and it showed their faces(if you had a pic)and name. You selected their face/name, and hit the phone or text icon, which judging by the first page of this thread, is exactly what this is. I hope to god this program gets up and running for the Storm. It will make messaging and calling people soooo much quicker.
    01-20-09 03:43 AM
    Just a wild guess but maybe people with large contact lists are overloading the object. Maybe use a case statement to load X number of contact then make another object once X number has been reached. Of course have to check for multiple objects when accessing data.

01-20-09 07:15 AM
    Just a wild guess but maybe people with large contact lists are overloading the object. Maybe use a case statement to load X number of contact then make another object once X number has been reached. Of course have to check for multiple objects when accessing data.
    This is where I've basically gone, a single PO (Persistent Object) storing the location of all the other objects, but it takes time to retrive the information and some people are still complaining about truncated lists, which is slightly confusing because well that shouldn't be an issue any more, which is why I've resorted to disabling pictures, if their lists are still being truncated, and pictures are being shown they really haven't upgraded to the latest version.

At least that's the current line of thinking.
    01-20-09 07:21 AM
    0.2.0 is up, I've disabled photos to see if these are causing the problems, if so I'll work to figuring out a different/another solution for them.
    Good job Delta, 2.0 has started loading all contacts again. No pics as expected. App is also much faster. This is weird bevaure I don't remember making any change other than adding one contact with no pic id. I didn't start adding pics as of yet.
    Anyways keep up the good work.

01-20-09 09:53 AM
    Good job Delta, 2.0 has started loading all contacts again. No pics as expected. App is also much faster. This is weird bevaure I don't remember making any change other than adding one contact with no pic id. I didn't start adding pics as of yet.
    Anyways keep up the good work.

Yes. All contacts are there and app was slow to load first time, but now fast as mentioned above.
    01-20-09 10:04 AM
1,048 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD