0.8.25 is now up, should have squished the bug, 5 >= 5.
    01-16-09 10:54 PM
    0.8.30 is up, it will now stay loaded if you select the option from the menu, which of course is a lot fast than loading it every time. Also when you alter the order of the people or what not, it should do this a bit quicker now I hope.
    01-17-09 12:08 AM
    I just DL and installed this for the first time, I hope its what ive been reading all 39 pages!

Cant wait to use it!

Thanks delta_foxtrot2
    01-17-09 03:35 AM
    i just went to www.bigtincan.com/FaceCall.jad

and i get an error
    has the link changed?
    01-17-09 08:00 AM
    Seems .31 isn't importing all my contacts. It missed all but one of the S names

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 08:08 AM
    Just DL newest and all weighed are missing.
    01-17-09 08:08 AM
    I just noticed along with loosing the weight info and having to refresh the address book, the proggie has slowed to crawl. No way to make a speedy call even with it running in the background. Average display speed is around 10-15 seconds on both mine and my wife's Storms.
    01-17-09 01:51 PM
    I just noticed along with loosing the weight info and having to refresh the address book, the proggie has slowed to crawl. No way to make a speedy call even with it running in the background. Average display speed is around 10-15 seconds on both mine and my wife's Storms.
    Same here.
    01-17-09 02:56 PM
    Interesting app... how is this faring against PictureID?

The interface looks much nicer from what I can tell. Looking forward to a release!
    01-17-09 03:57 PM
    Just got .31 took about 10-15 secs to start, then I saw contacts starting from R...any contact starting from A-Q are missing. I lke the app before anyway to revert back to an older version?
    01-17-09 04:08 PM
    Nice work Delta. You're doing us proud...
    01-17-09 04:55 PM
    Thats odd that you guys are reporting 10-15 second delays in starting on .31 mine is working fine just takes about 3 seconds and 2 seconds to call nice work Delta!
    01-17-09 05:04 PM
    Just got .31 took about 10-15 secs to start, then I saw contacts starting from R...any contact starting from A-Q are missing. I lke the app before anyway to revert back to an older version?
    I am having a similar issue. App takes about 10-15 seconds to start up. I am missing contacts A-L. If I do a clear cache and refresh address book then it starts to duplicate entries.

Still a sweet app.

01-17-09 05:53 PM
    had the same issue, add /misc/ before FaceCall/jad
    01-17-09 06:25 PM
    weird... just weird... it loads virtually straight away for me, and all contacts are imported etc etc etc.

For those with missing contacts, what happens if you erase cache and then restart the app?
    01-17-09 07:19 PM
    I just installed the latest over .7.20 i believe and my contacts A-D were missing, I erased cache and restarted app and then A-F were missing. I uninstalled restarted, then redownloaded and installed and again A-F are missing.
    01-17-09 08:49 PM
    Used to work great now I'm missing contacts A-R!! Even w/ clearing cache, refreshing list, uninstall/reinstall etc
    01-17-09 08:56 PM
    I just installed the latest over .7.20 i believe and my contacts A-D were missing, I erased cache and restarted app and then A-F were missing. I uninstalled restarted, then redownloaded and installed and again A-F are missing.
    Since I never coded in any quick search functionality yet I have no idea why chunk are missing like people re describing, in fact I'm totally lost as to why it would pick or miss certain letters there is no code that would do this at all any where.
    01-17-09 08:56 PM
    Actually it has to be to do with the number of contact from the start and skipping, otherwise it would be more consistent in the letters skipped, how many (approx) contacts are skipped?
    01-17-09 09:09 PM
    I have around 350some contacts. I'd say since I'm only seeing S-Z that its skipping atleast 300 of my contacts.. anywhere from 300-325ish would be my guess.
    01-17-09 09:36 PM
    Actually it has to be to do with the number of contact from the start and skipping, otherwise it would be more consistent in the letters skipped, how many (approx) contacts are skipped?
    I have about 273 contacts and I am only showing 81. Hope this helps. I have tried clearing cache, refreshing app. I even uninstalled, restart and did a fresh install.
    01-17-09 09:48 PM
    I have 0.8.34. The program only shows contacts from N to Z. If I ease cache and restart, I get a java error uncaught exception etc. and when I start again I get the same contacts as earlier.
    01-17-09 11:23 PM
    I have 0.8.34. The program only shows contacts from N to Z. If I ease cache and restart, I get a java error uncaught exception etc. and when I start again I get the same contacts as earlier.
    I'm aware of the uncaught error, I think I'm trying to be too clever, maybe I need to take a step back and try to be a little bit less clever.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-18-09 at 12:19 AM.
    01-18-09 12:17 AM
    FaceCall Redux 0.0.1 is now up, this is dumbed down a little in the sense you have to manually tell it to load your address book first use and if you make alterations at any point in time, I've also dumped the update code in favour of more simpler import code.

In fact where possible I've sort to simplify things as much as possible to see if I can come up with some sort of workable base to expand from.

All those having issues previous to now please let me know if this fixes or even helps at all.
    01-18-09 03:55 AM
    FaceCall Redux 0.0.1 is now up, this is dumbed down a little in the sense you have to manually tell it to load your address book first use and if you make alterations at any point in time, I've also dumped the update code in favour of more simpler import code.

In fact where possible I've sort to simplify things as much as possible to see if I can come up with some sort of workable base to expand from.

All those having issues previous to now please let me know if this fixes or even helps at all.
    Worked fine on first launch. Loaded contacts and all was fine. Closed app and relaunched, now I am missing contacts A-M again.

01-18-09 04:56 AM
1,048 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD