05-22-09 12:05 PM
1,048 1234 ...
tools
    I'm loving the quick progression. For me, in order for this to be useable, I will need to be able to pick the people that appear as opposed to my 1,100 contacts in my address book.
    This is one of the ideas already being tossed about in this thread, to have the most commonly called/messaged people appear first, but I'd like it to work before starting on the spit and polish
    12-30-08 03:18 PM
    For those who get version 0.0.17 instead of 0.0.18, just refresh the download page and the newest version will appear.
    This happens all the time to me, RIM's servers or the BB cache the previous jad file, it's supposed to speed up browsing etc, but can be annoying too.
    12-30-08 03:21 PM
    True, this applies to any OTA download. I just mentioned it for those who may be confused.
    12-30-08 03:23 PM
    0.0.19 is up, phone + email is working for me(tm), although it only picks the first number to call, doesn't throw up a dialog prompting you if there is multiple numbers to choose from.
    12-30-08 03:33 PM
    Sorry, email is a bit whack, I thought it was working, but it isn't
    12-30-08 03:35 PM
    I'm loving the quick progression. For me, in order for this to be useable, I will need to be able to pick the people that appear as opposed to my 1,100 contacts in my address book.
    I agree otherwise its just white and i have to scroll forever to get to people with pictures.

App is coming along great though
    12-30-08 03:36 PM
    I am excited to see what transpires here. If you want me to test anything, anytime, just let me know. I watch this thread like crazy.

I am on a 9530 in the US, running OS .83. I'm also on BES if that matters.
    12-30-08 03:37 PM
    Delta, you sure are workink FAST!
    12-30-08 03:38 PM
    Delta, you sure are workink FAST!
    Not really, I'm still unfamiliar with most of the RIM APIs.
    12-30-08 03:39 PM
    I am excited to see what transpires here. If you want me to test anything, anytime, just let me know. I watch this thread like crazy.
    Well I keep posting the URL, you're welcome to download and test it out

I am on a 9530 in the US, running OS .83. I'm also on BES if that matters.
    Not really, unless you have IT policies on the device preventing you from installing 3rd party apps etc.
    12-30-08 03:40 PM
    Email is working for me. SMS isn't working.
    12-30-08 03:44 PM
    I was wrong about being wrong, the email did work...
    12-30-08 03:45 PM
    Email is working for me. SMS isn't working.
    PIN/SMS isn't coded yet.
    12-30-08 03:45 PM
    I think you should change "message" to "SMS". It will make the button shorter, thus making them even.
    12-30-08 03:47 PM
    PIN/SMS isn't coded yet.
    So what is "message"?
    12-30-08 03:47 PM
    strange thing is that after installing and running this app I have more free memory than I ever had before....
    12-30-08 03:53 PM
    strange thing is that after installing and running this app I have more free memory than I ever had before....
    *blink* now that's a neat trick since the opposite should be true... ?
    12-30-08 04:06 PM
    So what is "message"?
    It will be for SMS/MMS, although I may need to split it into 2, since I don't think you can send a MMS from the SMS screen.
    12-30-08 04:07 PM
    *blink* now that's a neat trick since the opposite should be true... ?
    Your telling me... no idea how that happens
    12-30-08 04:07 PM
    I just noticed this thread, seems like an exteremely useful app.
    12-30-08 04:22 PM
    I just noticed this thread, seems like an exteremely useful app.
    Yes, once some of the wishlist features get coded
    12-30-08 04:34 PM
    Well good luck sir! Seems like you are doing a proper job thus far.
    12-30-08 05:00 PM
    DL .19. Both email and call worked for me, and it just chose the first number I had for the contact, as described. Seems like it's coming along fine. Also, the program does not appear to be running after the call/email has been initiated.

A lower priority suggestion would be to populate the name for contacts without a picture. But being as this app is probably aimed more as a speed dial app for your most frequent contacts, this isn't as big.

As far as multiple numbers, it would be nice to set which number you want to text or call individually (eliminating another click), but somehow give the option to choose the other number if needed. I suppose I could just list the numbers as different contacts (Joe Work, Joe Mobile) and have only one number for each, or maybe the program did that for me. Hmmm.
    12-30-08 05:56 PM
    A lower priority suggestion would be to populate the name for contacts without a picture. But being as this app is probably aimed more as a speed dial app for your most frequent contacts, this isn't as big.
    That's actually what I had in mind, I just haven't gotten there yet

As far as multiple numbers, it would be nice to set which number you want to text or call individually (eliminating another click), but somehow give the option to choose the other number if needed. I suppose I could just list the numbers as different contacts (Joe Work, Joe Mobile) and have only one number for each, or maybe the program did that for me. Hmmm.
    Again that's what I had in mind, just haven't gotten there yet
    12-30-08 05:58 PM
    v 0.0.20 just went up, it took me some time to figure out/find out how to do the SMS, but PIM is just like email so hopefully that should be fine too.

This phone wanted to reboot after installing, so I'm yet to confirm the above on a real phone, I got the reboot blues again lol
    12-30-08 06:01 PM
1,048 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD