Thanks again Delta for a great app.
    Reply # 1000 in this post. Sorry had to mention this great accomplishment. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 10:01 PM
    Love this app. Thanks Delta!
    02-07-09 01:45 AM
    Hi Delta, I think this app is great but I have a 8900 curve, any chance of making this work for BBs with trackball too?
    Worth an ask ;-)
    02-07-09 12:33 PM
    Hi,
    Seems to work fine at first, but I can only send mails but neither call nor text my contacts with this app. The options doesn't even appear.
    SOLVED!!!
    It's a problem with the device language: change it to English, reload the addressbook in FaceCall and change it back to your language (you should do this every time before reloading the addressbook).

It seems that it only loads the phones in english devices... perhaps delta can handle this.

Thanks for this great app!
    02-07-09 01:01 PM
    I dont know if i have an old version or not but its version 4.8 and everytime i run it, it makes my hour glass(cpu clock) show for a long time, cant do anything with it.
    02-07-09 01:21 PM
    Hey delta, just wondering if there was anything else you were working on with the app, or if for all intensive purposes, it is finished. I'm not saying anything needs to change, but I check this thread everyday for updates, and if there aren't going to be anymore, I will stop compulsively checking the thread haha.
    02-09-09 10:44 AM
    storm exclusive? trackball love?
    02-09-09 01:45 PM
    I'm still hoping he uses Moncha's darker backgrounds so it blends in more with the phone. Great App.
    02-09-09 05:20 PM
    As I mentioned previously, my person time has been cut to zero for the time being, and I've started playing with a G1, which I might add is the complete oposite to RIM when it comes to being developer friendly.

This app is far from finished, but it might be a week or so before I get back to doing anything on it, there is quite a bit I had left planned.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 02-09-09 at 05:55 PM.
    02-09-09 05:53 PM
    PIN message integration that works would be good.

Flick scrolling would also be nice.

Quicker response time for blacklisting.

Bottom toolbar visible for SMS and email.

Even still, this is probably my favorite and most used app. Good stuff!!
    02-09-09 05:56 PM
    It seems that it only loads the phones in english devices... perhaps delta can handle this.
    I've been pondering why language changes would effect phone numbers, numbers are numbers, what changes about them with language settings?
    02-09-09 05:57 PM
    PIN message integration that works would be good.
    Yea, this getting fixed one way or another was on the todo list.

Flick scrolling would also be nice.
    Might be beyond my skill set, RIM really needs to add this to the entire phone.

Quicker response time for blacklisting.
    I did it quick and dirty and it's actually reloading the address book, should be easy enough to do better once I get the time.

Bottom toolbar visible for SMS and email.
    I've no idea why they aren't showing, but there is a complete lacking of useful information for the BB platform, especially when trying to intgrate with the existing apps, RIM doesn't make it easy and those that figure it out keep the information to themselves.
    02-09-09 06:12 PM
    For whatever reason I am not able to access the ota link via my storm.

02-10-09 01:12 PM
    For whatever reason I am not able to access the ota link via my storm.

Same here. Can someone fix the link to the OTA or post a new OTA link?
    02-10-09 01:16 PM
    I've no idea why they aren't showing, but there is a complete lacking of useful information for the BB platform, especially when trying to intgrate with the existing apps, RIM doesn't make it easy and those that figure it out keep the information to themselves.
    It's not a huge issue and not one you're alone on. Picture Dial doesn't have it either. Hopefully RIM makes things easier when they launch the App Centre.
    02-10-09 01:17 PM
    I updated one of my contacts pictures but can't figure out how to get the new image to show up in the app. I did a load all contacts and a refresh and the image stayed the same. I should not have done the load all contacts since I really only want ones with pictures. So, two issues:

1) How do I get a new image to show up?
    2) How do I get rid of the contacts with no images?

I tried to toggle the option to load all contacts but that does not seem to result in a don't load all contacts or whatever option. I also tried uninstalling the app. I can't get it back - guessing the web page is down - but I read that someone tried that and it did not work.

-Greg

PS - I love this app! So fast and now that it lets you limit your contact list, it is replacing PictureDial for me!
    Last edited by Greg G; 02-10-09 at 01:53 PM.
    02-10-09 01:35 PM
    I updated one of my contacts pictures but can't figure out how to get the new image to show up in the app. I did a load all contacts and a refresh and the image stayed the same. I should not have done the load all contacts since I really only want ones with pictures. So, two issues:

1) How do I get a new image to show up?
    2) How do I get rid of the contacts with no images?

I tried to toggle the option to load all contacts but that does not seem to result in a don't load all contacts or whatever option. I also tried uninstalling the app. I can't get it back - guessing the web page is down - but I read that someone tried that and it did not work.

-Greg

PS - I love this app! So fast and now that it lets you limit your contact list, it is replacing PictureDial for me!
    Never mind - I reinstalled and it seems to be fine now (took new picture and now only shows contacts with pictures).

-Greg
    02-10-09 02:00 PM
    I'm not shre if this has been asked, but how do you un-blacklist a contact?
    02-10-09 07:10 PM
    Great app, thanks for sharing.
    Easily one of my favourites.

One suggestion though, it would be nice if the weighting could be reset.

Thanks again for the great app,
    j.
    02-10-09 10:04 PM
    How do you add just one contact?

Update: I figured it out.
    Last edited by dtwomou; 02-17-09 at 01:41 PM.
    02-16-09 07:43 PM
    Delta, are you still alive? We sure hope you will return with an update soon.
    02-19-09 10:09 AM
    i would love it if you could just make a shortcut for a specifc contact(s) right in the main menu of the phone. I dislike the idea of having to run an app just to call my most frequent people.

Kinda like in the attached picture. (check out my l33t photoshop skills!)
    Jay - not exactly the same what you were asking for, but I use Quicklaunch to accomplish. Add a contact - either SMS or Phone to the Quicklaunch menu. Bind QL to one of the convience keys.
    02-19-09 10:52 AM
    Is there a way to keep them in alphabetical order instead of the most recently used being on top?
    02-19-09 02:05 PM
    I have a problem when i click on a photo in the FaceCall app. it says "alter weighting. and that is al it says i can't call or text/sms.

- I already checked compability mode
    - Battery pullled

Phone:Vodafone Storm 9500
    Facecall Version:0.4.8

Help Me
    02-21-09 01:42 PM
    It uses persistent memory, short of doing a phone wipe you won't clear the memory.

Make sure you selected "Don't import all contacts" from the menu, and then click on "refresh addressbook"
    Seems quite a bit of people have made the mistake of importing all contacts and now cannot use this application, including myself. Would it be possible for you or someone else to come up with something to resolve this issue (reverse the import)? I would rather not do a phone wipe. I had downloaded this app from a another link and wish I had seen a warning or something that importing all contacts would result in not being able to undo the import. If this was an option this application would be fantastic and extremely useful. Otherwise, I won't be able to use this app as it takes too long to load or do anything else with so many "useless" contacts loaded.

Also, would "blacklisting" be equivalent to not importing the contact or would it be different? (i.e. stored in some 'blacklist' memory and still slowing the phone).

Thanks Delta, and great job!
    02-24-09 07:48 PM
1,048 ... 39404142
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD