Downloaded this app last night (I'd somehow missed this thread) Thank you Delta its a Fantastic app & can't believe your giving it away free !! This is definitely one of the best Storm apps around
    I'm actually surprised there isn't more free software, why does everyone and their dog feel the need to constantly cash in on every little thing, maybe I've some how got it wrong and everyone else is right?
    02-02-09 05:21 AM
    Naw, you're right. It takes a nice person to spend the time like you have to make sure all is right. Others are more interested in getting a product out and making money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 10:01 AM
    Yes it would be nice to have more free apps, I wish I knew how to code, I would love to give back to the community.

Is there anything I can read to try and learn?
    02-02-09 10:29 AM
    Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have installed FaceCall 0.4.8 on my Storm running .99.

Firstly: when I open FaceCall it starts with some contacts (not all) already loaded, seems to be picking up the contacts I was using from PhoneFace (which I have uninstalled).

Secondly: I cannot get the keyboard to go away and it wants to scroll like I have a trackball or compatibility mode disabled, but it's not. I have also tried to disable compatibility mode but it does the same thing.

What have I done wrong?

See screenshots below:

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks delta for all your work! These free apps you're creating are great!
    02-02-09 10:33 AM
    Might be a .99 issue. I am going to install it soon. DLing right now.
    02-02-09 10:43 AM
    Known bug, I keep forgetting to fix it, the problem is I'm not sure which app I need to launch, and RIM don't tend to document these things very well so I'd have more success in a game of Russian roulette to be frank.
    Not sure if this helps you in figuring this out but the PIN messages are currently trying to be sent from my email account.
    02-02-09 11:36 AM
    Alright, I have .99 and the latest version of FaceCall works for me, without issue so far.
    02-02-09 11:56 AM
    Alright, I have .99 and the latest version of FaceCall works for me, without issue so far.
    I think it might have something to do with having PhoneFace previously installed. Maybe I will do a wipe and try installing again.
    02-02-09 11:59 AM
    Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have installed FaceCall 0.4.8 on my Storm running .99.

Firstly: when I open FaceCall it starts with some contacts (not all) already loaded, seems to be picking up the contacts I was using from PhoneFace (which I have uninstalled).

Secondly: I cannot get the keyboard to go away and it wants to scroll like I have a trackball or compatibility mode disabled, but it's not. I have also tried to disable compatibility mode but it does the same thing.

What have I done wrong?

See screenshots below:

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks delta for all your work! These free apps you're creating are great!
    Don't have that issue at all with .99.
    Firstly, facecall will default to contacts with pic id only.
    If you want to import pics that don't have pic id you will either have to add pics to the contact and refresh address book. If you don't want to do that you can start facecall, hit menu and click import all contacts.
    Whichever of the above options you choose you will have to refresh address book after.
    Secondly, close app, go to options, advance options, applications, select facecall then hit menu and disable compatibility mode.

Hope that helps.

02-02-09 12:13 PM
    Don't have that issue at all with .99.
    Firstly, facecall will default to contacts with pic id only.
    If you want to import pics that don't have pic id you will either have to add pics to the contact and refresh address book. If you don't want to do that you can start facecall, hit menu and click import all contacts.
    Whichever of the above options you choose you will have to refresh address book after.
    Secondly, close app, go to options, advance options, applications, select facecall then hit menu and disable compatibility mode.

Hope that helps.

Hey irie,
    Thanks for the info on how it only imports contact with images. I had previously tried to disable compatibility mode with no joy. I am trying again, quit the app, went to app settings and disabled compatibility mode and restarted machine, JOY . Must be it need the restart to work, dunno?

Anyway thanks irie, saved me doing the wipe and having to re-installing everything!
    02-02-09 12:25 PM
    thx, very nice
    Last edited by trasggo; 02-02-09 at 01:05 PM.
    02-02-09 12:58 PM
    great app. thank you DELTA for all your great work and your dedication to us all. Running .90 without a glitch!
    02-02-09 01:07 PM
    Well now that I have it working properly and have been using it for a couple of hours I can say, without a doubt, I like your app better than PhoneFace! Your free app is much better than the pay for app!

Delta - thanks for you time and dedication, we need more people like you!
    02-02-09 01:56 PM
    AMAZING APP! Thanks Delta. Is there hope for a "prettier" icon and graphics in the future? I am a bit OC.......
    Love it!
    02-02-09 02:42 PM
    When ever you get a screen with a blue border like that + the keyboard stays up all the time, then compatability mode has been turned on some how.

Go into options -> advanced -> applications, select the app, hit the menu key and disable compatability mode.
    02-02-09 04:22 PM
    When ever you get a screen with a blue border like that + the keyboard stays up all the time, then compatability mode has been turned on some how.

Go into options -> advanced -> applications, select the app, hit the menu key and disable compatability mode.
    and also, if you hadnt, you have to make sure you actually close and reopen the app to make compatibility mode go away, you cant just switch out of it...
    02-02-09 04:24 PM
    Hey irie,
    Thanks for the info on how it only imports contact with images. I had previously tried to disable compatibility mode with no joy. I am trying again, quit the app, went to app settings and disabled compatibility mode and restarted machine, JOY . Must be it need the restart to work, dunno?

Anyway thanks irie, saved me doing the wipe and having to re-installing everything!
    You are very welcome. Glad I was of some help.

02-02-09 05:03 PM
    Ok, a few questions. I've read through a bunch of this thread, but by no means all 65 pages of it.

I installed the app, but only have 7 pictures (for now). I imported my entire address book, and am trying to selectively blacklist the ones I rarely use. Basically, I want to use this like a speed dial on steroids.

The problem is, when I blacklist someone, nothing changes. Their name and blank picture still show up in the same place. When I blacklist someone, I get the clock spinning for 15-20 seconds before I get control back. Launching the app from the main screen takes an average of 24 seconds before it actually comes up.

Is it possible to remove all the contacts, then add them one or two at a time so I get only the ones I want? That way I don't have to go and blacklist 200+ contacts?

Any ideas on why it's so slow? I have 234 contacts, of which I only want about 20 to show on the screen. Any suggestions??
    Last edited by MightyDingus; 02-02-09 at 05:20 PM.
    02-02-09 05:17 PM
    Ok, a few questions. I've read through a bunch of this thread, but by no means all 65 pages of it.

I installed the app, but only have 7 pictures (for now). I imported my entire address book, and am trying to selectively blacklist the ones I rarely use. Basically, I want to use this like a speed dial on steroids.

The problem is, when I blacklist someone, nothing changes. Their name and blank picture still show up in the same place. When I blacklist someone, I get the clock spinning for 15-20 seconds before I get control back. Launching the app from the main screen takes an average of 24 seconds before it actually comes up.

Is it possible to remove all the contacts, then add them one or two at a time so I get only the ones I want? That way I don't have to go and blacklist 200+ contacts?

Any ideas on why it's so slow? I have 234 contacts, of which I only want about 20 to show on the screen. Any suggestions??
    Don't import all your contacts. Just add pics for the people you want on the speed dial. There is a post a couple pages back about adding stock photos that come on the storm. Pretty sure it was just... Contacts> Select Edit Contact> Add picture> Select contacts folder> Choose one of the funny looking cartoon people.
    02-02-09 05:25 PM
    AMAZING APP! Thanks Delta. Is there hope for a "prettier" icon and graphics in the future? I am a bit OC.......
    Love it!
    I guess since I did the graphics, I would have to ask, what is you definition of prettier?

02-02-09 05:29 PM
    I guess since I did the graphics, I would have to ask, what is you definition of prettier?
    Beats me too, I thought the current ones look pretty spiffy...
    02-02-09 05:33 PM
    Choose one of the funny looking cartoon people.
    Or do what the person did in the quick video tutorial, and load in logos for things like pizza hut, I thought that was funny
    02-02-09 05:34 PM
    Ok, once you have all your contacts imported already, how do you get rid of them? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but they all came back. How do I get rid of them?
    02-02-09 07:27 PM

After blacklisting contacts, you have to refresh addressbook for the changes to show. But the best way is to just add pics to the contacts you wanna are in program.

02-02-09 08:41 PM
    Ok, once you have all your contacts imported already, how do you get rid of them? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but they all came back. How do I get rid of them?
    It uses persistent memory, short of doing a phone wipe you won't clear the memory.

Make sure you selected "Don't import all contacts" from the menu, and then click on "refresh addressbook"
    02-02-09 08:42 PM
1,048 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD