Not sure if I noticed this before, but if contact has picture, there should be no name, right? I get names and pics.
    01-23-09 05:45 PM
    0.2.42 is now up, refresh address book no longer "locks up"
    01-23-09 05:47 PM
    Not sure if I noticed this before, but if contact has picture, there should be no name, right? I get names and pics.
    That was actually requested, names and pics be shown at the same time.
    01-23-09 05:48 PM
    That was actually requested, names and pics be shown at the same time.
    Oh okay...must not have read/caught that...

Keep up the great work!
    01-23-09 05:53 PM
    0.2.42 is now up, refresh address book no longer "locks up"
    The app works great when launched, but it takes a long time to load. Right now it is taking about 20 seconds to load.
    01-23-09 06:09 PM
    The app works great when launched, but it takes a long time to load. Right now it is taking about 20 seconds to load.
    Approx. how many contacts etc?
    01-23-09 06:17 PM
    I'm only getting .40 with the link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 06:53 PM
    I'm only getting .40 with the link.
    You may need to bring up the menu and hit refresh and/or empty your cache, RIM/BB's tend to cache heavily.
    01-23-09 07:06 PM
    Thread for the Buzz Me App
    01-23-09 07:18 PM
    Approx. how many contacts etc?
    285 contacts, 40 of which has pictures.
    01-23-09 07:25 PM
    I'm wondering if that's over flowing the persistent memory, and so that causes the app to re-read the address book each time.
    01-23-09 07:32 PM
    delta, after adding a picture to one of my contacts (who previously did not have a picture) and then hitting "refresh addressbook" in your app, the picture does not show up. Is there a way to make that work?
    01-23-09 07:45 PM
    Hi. I have downloaded the latest update and the Buzz me...Thanks again for all this hard work you are sharing with us.
    01-23-09 07:48 PM
    Just updated to teh latest version [and .90 os] and it's back to working great. Full contact list AND pics. yay.
    01-23-09 07:52 PM
    delta, after adding a picture to one of my contacts (who previously did not have a picture) and then hitting "refresh addressbook" in your app, the picture does not show up. Is there a way to make that work?
    I'll get and look at that in a sec, I thought I had fixed the code to allow that.
    01-23-09 07:58 PM
    If it's not too much trouble, can you reduce the number of pictures to say, lets see, 2k per picture, 64k max, space for contact into, 10-20, and see if it still loads slowly, if that works that means it's an issue with the pics over loading the memory space and I'll have to rework the code.
    01-23-09 08:00 PM
    Coo app bro I'm loving it.....is 42 the latest vers.......is there a way that I could put the contacts that have pic to come out on top of the rest.......nice app bro u got skills u have any more...

01-24-09 01:09 AM
    Coo app bro I'm loving it.....is 42 the latest vers.......is there a way that I could put the contacts that have pic to come out on top of the rest.......nice app bro u got skills u have any more...
    Whole bunch of stuff on my todo list, sorting out the picture/name/contact caching has become some what of a sticking point however and I've spent a lot more time on this issue then I would have liked.

(In short, not yet)
    01-24-09 01:21 AM
    Delta,

My experience with the latest version.... Its still taking about 20-30 seconds to go from clicking the icon to the actual application. Once started its actually scrolling as smooth as i've seen it. Pics are coming up fine and all my contacts are there.

If I leave the app in the background and then go to open it again it will either open within a sec or so or sometimes up to 5.

I have around 400 contacts with about 100 or so pics.

Let me know if you want me to try anything for ya.
    01-24-09 02:27 AM
    100 pics would deff exceed the capacity of the persistent storage, so it sounds like if it starts a second time within 5 seconds that the storage object is still in memory, if it has to pull it from disk I'm guessing that's where things probably get truncacted, at least that's the best explaination I can think of given your description.
    01-24-09 02:37 AM
    0.2.46 is now up, this fixes the problem of not being able to reload the address book.

The bigger the address book the longer it will seem like it's hung, but this is just because I can't figure out how to display a status box and make it stick.
    01-24-09 02:38 AM
    Working great for my 233 contacts, 12 of which I have pics for. On initial loads it consistently take 15 seconds to load and is almost instant if I can keep it in the background. I refreshed the address book and as you stated, it took some time but, did complete. Weighting works well.

If you can have it stay in the BG then I think you have a base winner, then you can start adding other featured items.

I like the look save for the grey, I would like to see it a bit darker as it is not enough of a contrast with the white lettering. I would also like to have it limit the view to 12 per "page". That would probably be done with adding back the horizontal line dividing the contacts.

I still would like to offer help if I can. I'm not sure how each of the "Buttons" need to be designed but I would love to help develop a more "Glassy" look that would lend to the style of the storm.
    01-24-09 11:57 AM
    If it's not too much trouble, can you reduce the number of pictures to say, lets see, 2k per picture, 64k max, space for contact into, 10-20, and see if it still loads slowly, if that works that means it's an issue with the pics over loading the memory space and I'll have to rework the code.
    I am down to about 15-20 contacts with pics and still taking almost 20 seconds to load. These lucyiers are very small in size.

01-24-09 03:10 PM
    I still would like to offer help if I can. I'm not sure how each of the "Buttons" need to be designed but I would love to help develop a more "Glassy" look that would lend to the style of the storm.
    It's just pictures that are "glued" together in software, I suck at graphics and I haven't been able to express myself in a way the graphic designers seem to be able to understand.
    01-24-09 03:28 PM
    How about something like this?
    01-24-09 10:39 PM
1,048 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD