102 Total, 49 are showing up.
    I wonder if 50 is the magic number (1 main memory location + 49 entries)

Side note (may not matter) I have BES
    If you can install and run the app I doubt it, as for the offer of real time help, thanks but I'm about to head to bed.

Anyone else able to confirm the 49 contact cut off?
    01-21-09 08:09 AM
    I wonder if 50 is the magic number (1 main memory location + 49 entries)

If you can install and run the app I doubt it, as for the offer of real time help, thanks but I'm about to head to bed.

Anyone else able to confirm the 49 contact cut off?
    Dumb question. Is that 49 actual contact entries, or 49 including contacts with multiple numbers. For ex. For my contact Bob I have a work, cell and home number. Does that count as 3 entries? I would have 39 or 45 showing depending on the answer to the above question.

Anyway I am only showing A-B, missing some B's. Of al the ones that are showing, only 8 have pic id assigned.
    Hope this helps and keep up the good work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 08:36 AM
    That makes no sense at all, the current method use to store contact shouldn't truncact from the begining like this at all.

Ok,
    I dug into it a little further and it doesn't seem like its tied to a specific group of contacts, like A through D. I have 92 contacts on my BB, but the app is only showing about 78.
    01-21-09 08:39 AM
    Is that 49 actual contact entries, or 49 including contacts with multiple numbers.
    49, and they can have multiple entries as each contact is stored in its own memory location.

Anyway I am only showing A-B, missing some B's. Of al the ones that are showing, only 8 have pic id assigned.
    Actually it does, it confirms RIM isn't consistent!

On a more serious note, 0.2.9 is now up, please try it, I've been reading up on what I should be doing and seems I hit a newbie mistake, or rather if it's such a blatent mistake then why wasn't the language fixed so as I couldn't hit it so easily?

In any case please try the new version and let me know if your address book is still being truncated.
    01-21-09 08:40 AM
    I'm having issues getting my contacts to show up with build 0.2.29. All I get is the white screen, and can't get the app to load my contacts.
    01-21-09 09:14 AM
    49, and they can have multiple entries as each contact is stored in its own memory location.

On a more serious note, 0.2.9 is now up, please try it, I've been reading up on what I should be doing and seems I hit a newbie mistake, or rather if it's such a blatent mistake then why wasn't the language fixed so as I couldn't hit it so easily?

In any case please try the new version and let me know if your address book is still being truncated.
    Lol. About to try it. Hopefully RIM is readin this forum and take some pointers. Will keep you posted after install.

01-21-09 09:17 AM
    Using 2.11 and went through the usual methods of updating. Every time I clear the cache, I get different results. Sometimes I get A-H, F-Z, B-G. Doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason.
    01-21-09 10:00 AM
    Using 2.11 and went through the usual methods of updating. Every time I clear the cache, I get different results. Sometimes I get A-H, F-Z, B-G. Doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason.

I am seeing the same results
    01-21-09 10:47 AM

Downloaded 0.2.11:

Opened up after re-boot. Still missing A-D's. (btw 26 rows of 3 = 78 ontacts are showing in program of 102).

Erased CACHE, the program exited, re-ran, empty, loaded ADDRESSBOOK, Now A thru C's Still missing.

Again have not even brought pics into yet.
    01-21-09 11:11 AM
    Having the same results. Every reload is different. I have noticed too that I getting a different number of contacts each time.

01-21-09 11:24 AM
    Having the same results. Every reload is different. I have noticed too that I getting a different number of contacts each time.

I agree that is seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what contacts are missing. Since I have been tracking, it seems first part of alphabet and end.
    01-21-09 11:27 AM
    I just upgraded to the newest one and it still has the same problem as before when sending a sms, the little icons at the bottom of the screen are not there and have to use the BB button to send. It also looks like you made the contact icons a bit darker gray. Keep up the good work!
    01-21-09 11:36 AM
    I just upgraded to the newest one and it still has the same problem as before when sending a sms, the little icons at the bottom of the screen are not there and have to use the BB button to send. It also looks like you made the contact icons a bit darker gray. Keep up the good work!
    Icons at the bottom? What are you talking about? I click a contact and it pops up with Call....SMS.....EMAIL....ALTER WEIGHTING....I have no Little Icons?
    01-21-09 11:40 AM
    I meant on the actual sms screen when you're typing the message. At the bottom you have keyboard, send, and save but when you do it using this app they don't appear.
    01-21-09 11:50 AM
    I meant on the actual sms screen when you're typing the message. At the bottom you have keyboard, send, and save but when you do it using this app they don't appear.
    Ok. I thought I was missing something.
    01-21-09 06:58 PM
    Hiding the keyboard and pressing send is easier than pressing the menu key twice?
    01-21-09 07:01 PM
    0.2.12 is now up, make sure you erase the cache BEFORE upgrading, otherwise it's a bit more messy.

Actually before upgrading it's probably a good idea to erase the memory locations, until at least the current situation is sorted, if things change the system may be left with stuff being stored that shouldn't be any more. This isn't that detrimental, but it would probably bloat backups if nothing else.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-21-09 at 07:48 PM.
    01-21-09 07:43 PM
    0.2.14 some more refinements to the way data is stored.
    01-21-09 08:07 PM
    Still no good.
    01-21-09 08:51 PM
    Still no good.
    Can you be a little more specific on what it is (or isn't) doing, eg;

* number of contact being stored between restarts
    * number of contacts being lost
    * average number of contact methods (phone numbers) per contact stored

etc.

estimates are fine, I just need some sort of frame work to see what limitation is still being bumped.
    01-21-09 10:44 PM
    Me thinks me am going to have to make my own DB out of a file on the file system and stop stuffing about with RIM's shoddy APIs that is RIM'ing me...
    01-21-09 11:02 PM
    Can you be a little more specific on what it is (or isn't) doing, eg;

* number of contact being stored between restarts
    * number of contacts being lost
    * average number of contact methods (phone numbers) per contact stored

etc.

estimates are fine, I just need some sort of frame work to see what limitation is still being bumped.
    I have a about 220 contacts. Haven't added any in a week or so. I don't have more than 1 number for most contacts, 2 numbers for a few contacts, and 3 in very rare cases.
    Facecall loads A-G (about 25-30), or P-Z (about 75-80). Every time it's different.
    The only way I could see the photos is by clearing the cache, loading the pictures first, exiting, loading address book, exiting, reopen the program. Otherwise it wouldn't show the photos.
    01-21-09 11:30 PM
    I have a theory: i'll try to check if the amount of contacts with pictures between A-G is about the same as with contacts P-Z. If it is, maybe that's where the loading gets stuck.
    01-21-09 11:34 PM
    Seems to me that 8 contacts with photos is the limit. can anyone else confirm this?
    01-22-09 12:01 AM
    0.2.20 is now up, I've no idea if this will work for anyone else or not

I've changed, almost completely, the way contacts are being cached in FaceCall's memory space.
    01-22-09 07:37 AM
1,048 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD