Is there a way so that it keeps contacts in alphabetical order at all times, rather than it moving recently used contacts to the top? I just find it a bit too unorganized.
    01-20-09 09:25 AM
    This works great, once the contacts are loaded the first time the program re-loads very fast. But I agree with fred bear, I'm not sure I like the recently used moving to the top. Can that be overridden by the weighting? I know this is down the line a bit but, the buttons look great but can you go with like say a black or dark grey background or make it user selectable? And maybe a choice on if you want names to show under the pics.
    Last edited by Moncha; 01-20-09 at 10:34 AM.
    01-20-09 10:31 AM
    Yikes, i just installed .2.0 but i got all duplicates for my contacts. I have over 300 contacts, is that a culprit for what Im experiencing?

UPDATE: Just did a battery pull and restarted the app...its working as expected and its rather quick I must say! Nice work Delta!!!
    Last edited by pearlfanatic; 01-20-09 at 12:31 PM.
    01-20-09 12:27 PM
    Alright just installed 0.2.1 and all my contacts are back. Was showing duplicates on first load, so just quit the program and restarted and now it's showing correctly.
    01-20-09 03:14 PM
    Wait. So I've been a bit MIA lately.. I still have v8.22 should I DL and replace it w/ 2.1?
    01-20-09 03:31 PM
    I would hold off until the picture functionality is placed back in by delta. That is of course assuming that it is working fine for you right now.
    01-20-09 03:51 PM
    0.2.2 is up, this is the same as 0.2.0 except you can manually tell it to enable pictures. This is also for testing purposes to determine where the problem with truncating address books lie.

Also the reason it's slow to load the first time is simply because the address book API RIM created/exposes is slow, I cache the results from this into my own memory location to get away from that problem.
    01-20-09 09:19 PM
    Looks like you're still at it. I'm confident this program will be a hit. Ok, now for a reboot.
    01-20-09 09:24 PM
    Uncaught exception at startup.

Why can't the cops catch that exception once and for all?...
    01-20-09 09:39 PM
    0.2.2 is up, this is the same as 0.2.0 except you can manually tell it to enable pictures. This is also for testing purposes to determine where the problem with truncating address books lie.

Also the reason it's slow to load the first time is simply because the address book API RIM created/exposes is slow, I cache the results from this into my own memory location to get away from that problem.
    DL 2.2...rebooted...ran program. Nothing showed up. Hit "Load AddressBook", program exited. Ran program, pictures showed up and missing A-C.
    01-20-09 09:45 PM

Pictures are showing up by default. At first I was missing G-Z. Then after clearing cache I was only getting B-M with some duplicates. After another try I am now only getting M-Z, missing a few along the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 10:05 PM
    Just installed 0.2.4 and contacts A-G were missing after telling it to load the address book and pictures were showing by default.

Cleared cache and reloaded address book and now I'm missing A-G, but have my last G (Gretta) showing and then everything after that again with pictures enabled by default and me not selecting to show them.
    01-20-09 10:34 PM
    Great App. I'm using the newest one and I'm getting duplicates.
    01-20-09 10:41 PM
    Another thing I just noticed is that I have two contacts that I weighted at +15 and +10 and they have disappeared. I haven't read through the whole thread but I guess having it in the landscape orientation is not an option.
    01-20-09 11:25 PM
    hmmmm small logic error still, tied up with multiple things at once, trying to get everything done at the same time isn't the wisest
    01-20-09 11:41 PM
    I haven't read through the whole thread but I guess having it in the landscape orientation is not an option.
    For the time being, trying to get the storage/memory issue sorted then I can work on features.
    01-20-09 11:42 PM
    You are doing great! Thank you again for putting in such an effort.
    01-20-09 11:49 PM
    0.2.27 is now up, this fixes the pictures/no pictures logic flaw.

For those of you that were having issues can you erase any entries you have, reload the app, load the address book, reload app and then let me know if your address book has been truncated please.
    01-21-09 12:33 AM
    Delta,
    this app is coming out great!

I loaded up 2.27 from 2.20? and I'm missing my A-D contacts. I followed the steps above, but still can't get them to return.

Keep up to good work.
    01-21-09 07:20 AM
    0.2.27 is now up, this fixes the pictures/no pictures logic flaw.

For those of you that were having issues can you erase any entries you have, reload the app, load the address book, reload app and then let me know if your address book has been truncated please.
    Reloaded, same procedure, A-J's there, part of J's thru Z missing.
    01-21-09 07:37 AM
    I think .21 works the best so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 07:49 AM
    Reloaded, same procedure, A-J's there, part of J's thru Z missing.
    Can you est, or tell me exactly how many are being saved correctly, and how many are being truncated. There may be another limit I'm hitting that I'm not aware of.
    01-21-09 07:53 AM
    I think .21 works the best so far.
    I'm trying diff things to see what works the best, once I have a solid platform to work from then we'll be cooking with gas
    01-21-09 07:54 AM
    I loaded up 2.27 from 2.20? and I'm missing my A-D contacts. I followed the steps above, but still can't get them to return.
    That makes no sense at all, the current method use to store contact shouldn't truncact from the begining like this at all.
    01-21-09 07:55 AM
    I'm trying diff things to see what works the best, once I have a solid platform to work from then we'll be cooking with gas
    102 Total, 49 are showing up.

Side note (may not matter) I have BES, on my Outlook I have all 102 contacts separated into (2) categories (phone and NON-phone, basically people who I contact on BB and those I do not to make locating quicker). On my BB, I have the PHONE category selected. Contacts from BOTH are missing/showing, its not just one category.

If you have Google Talk feel free to PM me and I will give you my email and I can help (for a few hours at least) real-time.
    01-21-09 08:01 AM
1,048 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD