I may have missed it, but do I have the option to select just a few contacts? I only have 15-20 people I'd like on here, not my entire 165 contact phone book...
    That's still on the todo list, being able to filter by groups etc. Although you do know when you use contacts it alters the weighting and sort order of the contact right? and you can also manually alter the weighting too.
    01-07-09 05:09 PM
    I am new to this how do i upgrade to the newest version?
    You just download it again, and it will ask if you want to overwrite the previous version, this doesn't wipe out any prefs or customised weightings though.
    01-07-09 05:10 PM
    mobile or work
    and both have the same number, even though work isnt populated
    Can you check to make sure the work field is actually blank, rather than say having white space, I can work round this by filtering out white space but I'm guessing that's the problem.
    01-07-09 05:11 PM
    i checked nothing in the white space and the previous versions never did this,. it started when you did the boxes around contacts and such
    01-07-09 05:20 PM
    0.7.19 is up, all it does is skip adding numbers to it's own address book if the number in the system one isn't blank but has white space.
    01-07-09 05:25 PM
    just tried it, they are still duplicated
    01-07-09 05:30 PM
    wroking now
    i cleared cache
    that did it
    01-07-09 05:31 PM
    not sure if it was broken in the first place, just cleared cache and refreshed address book
    01-07-09 05:31 PM
    0.7.20 is up, skipping numbers with white spaces was the wrong thing to do, it now replaces them with nulls.
    01-07-09 05:47 PM
    it started when you did the boxes around contacts and such
    To the best of my knowledge, none of the address book code was changed then so unless you skipped some versions or I'm not sure what happened.
    01-07-09 05:49 PM
    I'm still having the problem sending a PIN. It still want to send it as an email which fails with the reason "no such address exists."
    01-07-09 08:23 PM
    I'm still having the problem sending a PIN. It still want to send it as an email which fails with the reason "no such address exists."
    I'm going to change the PIN option to bring up the address book page, haven't gotten there yet.
    01-07-09 09:15 PM
    That's still on the todo list, being able to filter by groups etc. Although you do know when you use contacts it alters the weighting and sort order of the contact right? and you can also manually alter the weighting too.
    I've gathered that (Phones on the charger so I'm not playing with it at the moment )

I think it'd be nice just to pick a handfull. 15 or so and only see those.

Everything is looking awesome though. Exactly what I've been wanting. The price isn't so bad either
    01-07-09 11:01 PM
    I think it'd be nice just to pick a handfull. 15 or so and only see those.
    There is quite a few filtering and/or sorting options I want to code in, the UI stuff has taken up a lot more time then I was hoping it would however.
    01-07-09 11:50 PM
    Can't please all the people all the time, and I still see no difference in having an app with contacts, or having a folder full of app launchers.
    Sorry, I was just joining this convo and didn't feel like reading through all 12+ pages. Yeah, an app would work just fine as well. I really like the ideas I've seen with this.
    01-08-09 12:25 AM
    The application is coming along quite nicely. The latest tweaks (appearance, orientation toggle, etc.) are great improvements. Thanks for all you've done with this Delta!
    01-08-09 03:39 PM
    perhaps i missed it, but is there a way you could enter in an option to automatically do the rotation, instead of having to choose landscape/portrait?

also, any way you could put a link to the latest version in the 1st post of the thread? it's getting hard to track down the latest version posts.

thanks dude.
    01-08-09 03:51 PM
    perhaps i missed it, but is there a way you could enter in an option to automatically do the rotation, instead of having to choose landscape/portrait?

also, any way you could put a link to the latest version in the 1st post of the thread? it's getting hard to track down the latest version posts.

thanks dude.
    It has been the same link the entire time.

Case sensitive.

www.bigtincan.com/FaceCall.jad

Same link for every version - if it doesn't work you need to clear your browsers cache.
    01-08-09 04:11 PM
    The last release is .20 right? I just want to make sure I have the right one. Finally got my replacement. YAY!
    01-08-09 06:17 PM
    No, I haven't been able to work out how to do this and so that it looks/works right at the same time. If I let the system rotate it, it looks out of place.
    01-08-09 07:54 PM
    No, I haven't been able to work out how to do this and so that it looks/works right at the same time. If I let the system rotate it, it looks out of place.

The progress and updates have slowed down, where have you been?!? Have you been working on something that actually pays the bills? Geez, what's a guy gotta do to get insane quick features updates on free apps?

Obviously, I'm just kidding. Really though, where have you been?

Just kidding.....again.....
    01-08-09 10:15 PM
    Obviously, I'm just kidding. Really though, where have you been?
    Procrastinating a bit while I wait for the graphic designers to get back to me.
    01-08-09 10:18 PM
    Hey Delta, how big are the pics going to be? I optimized my pictures so they are a nice resolution for the address book and for the storm to display them.

I downloaded phone face and he blew them up and they are all grainy and yucky. Can you make the software so they picture is centered on a button if the pic is smaller than your optimal?
    01-09-09 11:14 AM
    Procrastinating a bit while I wait for the graphic designers to get back to me.
    Crap, now you got me hooked. Shame on you Delta!
    01-09-09 02:22 PM
    Hey Delta, how big are the pics going to be? I optimized my pictures so they are a nice resolution for the address book and for the storm to display them.
    I'm just showing the same size that's stored in the address book, although some people wanted to do bigger ones and/or square instead of rectangular, still looking into this since I'd need help with the code to crop or shrink or ...

I downloaded phone face and he blew them up and they are all grainy and yucky. Can you make the software so they picture is centered on a button if the pic is smaller than your optimal?
    That's what already should be happening.
    01-09-09 08:28 PM
1,048 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD