i would love it if you could just make a shortcut for a specifc contact(s) right in the main menu of the phone. I dislike the idea of having to run an app just to call my most frequent people.

Kinda like in the attached picture. (check out my l33t photoshop skills!)
    I like this idea. Could even create a folder for common contacts for fast access like that.

(sorry for quoting something from the first page, just joining this conversation)
    01-06-09 09:11 PM
    I like this idea. Could even create a folder for common contacts for fast access like that.
    Can't please all the people all the time, and I still see no difference in having an app with contacts, or having a folder full of app launchers.
    01-06-09 09:17 PM
    What exactly does the "erase cache" do? If I press that, will I have to rearrange my favorite contacts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 09:59 PM
    Can someone post a pic or two of what the app looks like. I'm without a phone right now, waiting for a replacement, and its driving me crazy not being able to join everyone in this.
    01-06-09 10:27 PM
    Here you go:

@Delta...those white lines weren't in .12, but came on in .17...that's what I was talking about
    01-06-09 10:59 PM
    So if there is a pic instead, will it fill up that whole box or just the space where the icon is?

BTW, thanks 0mie
    01-06-09 11:10 PM
    @Delta...those white lines weren't in .12, but came on in .17...that's what I was talking about
    That's because the background was 0xffffff in .12 for all field managers, however when I updated the background to 0xcccccc it doesn't seem to stick for all field managers which is most annoying, still looking into why or how to make it work the way I want it to.
    01-06-09 11:27 PM
    So if there is a pic instead, will it fill up that whole box or just the space where the icon is?
    That's just the current graphics, some new ones coming soon that will address some issues. Current requests/wish lists (and this entire thread) have been pointed out to the graphic designers.
    01-06-09 11:28 PM
    What exactly does the Name Tag option do?
    01-06-09 11:30 PM
    Well contact "touches", not clicks could be used to select contacts, a toggle kind of thing, and then click on the last contact maybe, but this might get annoying so it might need some double touch menu item to trigger it.
    What if hovering over a contact for a couple of seconds brought up a secondary menu, that could be used to adjust weighting or show additional phone numbers? That would also allow for a menu option if people want to store a "main number" for contacts to avoid extra clicking when trying to reach someone. Click their face to call or sms the main number, hover to open additional numbers and weighting options. Just a thought. Love the app so far!
    01-06-09 11:31 PM
    What exactly does the "erase cache" do? If I press that, will I have to rearrange my favorite contacts?
    Some people are having problems with contacts being duplicated, I wouldn't advise pressing that except as a last resort, actually I should throw up a prompt confirming now that I think about it.
    01-06-09 11:31 PM
    Is the lnk down? Im unable to get it to work...
    01-06-09 11:37 PM
    Dont know if this is mentioned but if you can also display the total weighted number for each contact that would be helpful. I was playing around with this and my most important contact ended up at the bottom of the list instead of at the top since i did assign more -ve numbers then +ve numbers.
    01-06-09 11:40 PM
    Is the lnk down? Im unable to get it to work...
    Worked for me. Just want to say that I think we all appreciate the work you have done. I downloaded one of the original versions and it just keeps getting better. The UI is pretty sharp. Thanks for all the hard work!
    01-06-09 11:49 PM
    Dont know if this is mentioned but if you can also display the total weighted number for each contact that would be helpful. I was playing around with this and my most important contact ended up at the bottom of the list instead of at the top since i did assign more -ve numbers then +ve numbers.
    At present this is just used internally, however I suggestonly assigning weightings for contacts you want to change the order of, not all contacts.
    01-07-09 12:45 AM
    I think it looks and works great. Thank you for doing this for us all. 0.7.18 is working way faster than the other version I have had.
    01-07-09 01:32 AM
    maybe an option for black background?
    01-07-09 06:26 AM
    i like it...great work...i made a folder in the front page and added your app....how do you change the icon on a new folder...thx joe
    01-07-09 09:12 AM
    scott, i think your right a black background will make it pop...meaning not the gray but the light gray lines..........i am happy with the app as is......great job
    Last edited by ceeya; 01-07-09 at 09:34 AM.
    01-07-09 09:31 AM
    found one bug, when you click on someone and hit call or sms it asks you which number mobile or work, even though you may only have a number populated in mobile.

Not sure why.
    01-07-09 11:49 AM
    maybe an option for black background?
    The 90's called, and they want their colour scheme back
    01-07-09 04:34 PM
    found one bug, when you click on someone and hit call or sms it asks you which number mobile or work, even though you may only have a number populated in mobile.
    Can you tell me which field does show up when you click call/sms?
    01-07-09 04:35 PM
    The 90's called, and they want their colour scheme back
    The option would be nice.

I may have missed it, but do I have the option to select just a few contacts? I only have 15-20 people I'd like on here, not my entire 165 contact phone book...
    01-07-09 05:01 PM
    I am new to this how do i upgrade to the newest version?
    01-07-09 05:02 PM
    All my numbers in my contact list are mobile and stored as mobile

when i click a pic
    is shows sms with nothing next to it
    and call with nothing next to it

when i click either one

it asks which number

mobile or work
    and both have the same number, even though work isnt populated

so something about seeing the list.

can you fix
    01-07-09 05:03 PM