PS has anyone managed to find a lanyard for a storm yet?
    01-06-09 09:51 AM
    Hey guys,
    I know this question has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer to it in this thread. What is "name tag" and what does this allow me to do?

Thanks
    01-06-09 10:23 AM
    Hey guys,
    I know this question has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer to it in this thread. What is "name tag" and what does this allow me to do?
    Turns your phone into a name badge, and not much it's a gimmicky thing
    01-06-09 10:36 AM
    Hey delta,

Great work thus far!

I think the application would be great if it functioned similar to the way HTC set up their face speed dialing on previous phones. Let us bypass the BB Picture ID in our contact lists (which are always small) and let us use our own in your application for each contact. Even my biggest picture ID doesn't fill the gray box around them, it'd be cool if it was just pictures.

Here's a pic I took of my previous setup:

http://i44.tinypic.com/syw8jt.jpg
    01-06-09 10:52 AM
    Turns your phone into a name badge, and not much it's a gimmicky thing
    Thanks for the quick reply. It was bugging me that I couldn't use this app to it's full potential. Thanks again for creating this app.
    01-06-09 11:06 AM
    I think the application would be great if it functioned similar to the way HTC set up their face speed dialing on previous phones. Let us bypass the BB Picture ID in our contact lists (which are always small) and let us use our own in your application for each contact. Even my biggest picture ID doesn't fill the gray box around them, it'd be cool if it was just pictures.
    I was hoping to avoid duplicating features with the system address book, but to be honest it's slow, limiting and same old same old.

I'll take this request on board, *but* my UI skills are far from useful at this point so I don't know that I'd be able to fair any better in producing pictures, I haven't been able to successfully rotate images 90 degrees even, so crop and/or similar that occurs with the address book is beyond my skill set at this point in time.
    01-06-09 11:24 AM
    I have another future feature. How about adding an make appt with to add an appointment to the Blackberry calendar...
    01-06-09 11:34 AM
    I have another future feature. How about adding an make appt with to add an appointment to the Blackberry calendar...
    How would this tie in? I'm not looking to duplicate features that seem to work ok, the face dialer doesn't exist in the BB.
    01-06-09 11:35 AM
    Great job Delta. The app has come along very nicely. I must admit I deleted all the previous betas as they weren't quite useful or pretty enough yet. I'm keeping this one though. Look forward to the future updates.
    01-06-09 12:09 PM
    I was hoping to avoid duplicating features with the system address book, but to be honest it's slow, limiting and same old same old.

I'll take this request on board, *but* my UI skills are far from useful at this point so I don't know that I'd be able to fair any better in producing pictures, I haven't been able to successfully rotate images 90 degrees even, so crop and/or similar that occurs with the address book is beyond my skill set at this point in time.
    IMO this program is a great start but should be simplified. I don't think having your entire contact list available to you in face form is worthwhile, first of all I doubt anybody has images for all of their contacts. This should be a photo speed dial application, I mean right now you already have 12 contacts on portrait which is a healthy amount and already surpasses the existing speed dial application on the phone.

Why not just just start the screen off with 12 blank boxes, enabling the user to click on a blank box and select the desired contact from the contact list and attach the appropriate sized image they want. This will let us prioritize contacts much easier, it saves you time coding and IMO increases usability.

Perhaps in the 'Options' (accessible from the BB key) let us add in additional rows of contacts and have it scroll the same way you do right now.

I don't mean to critique the application in it's current form, it works great and you've done an excellent job. But I just think allowing Storm users to press a hot key and have 12 of their most frequent contacts appear in picture form is a better idea than having to worry about dealing with existing BB contact pictures and contact lists.
    01-06-09 12:45 PM
    He's gonna implement an option to show contacts only from a certain group, so this takes care of your problem.
    01-06-09 12:48 PM
    PS has anyone managed to find a lanyard for a storm yet?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but there is not tethering point to attach a lanyard to...not that I can see at least.
    01-06-09 12:54 PM
    Man that is a great idea!! I love it just shows the pic and you click what you want. Keep toying and I will update your app as it grows. Also u may want to create some kind of way so u can select different or multiple contacts for texting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 12:55 PM
    How would this tie in? I'm not looking to duplicate features that seem to work ok, the face dialer doesn't exist in the BB.
    Its just a nice feature for what I do. I enter my customers name in my address book, then I could click on his or her face to schedual an appointment with him or her. I know its a little off the path of your program, just something that would be usefull for me. Dont get me wrong I am not complaining your app is awsome as is and very needed...
    01-06-09 02:17 PM
    Its just a nice feature for what I do. I enter my customers name in my address book, then I could click on his or her face to schedual an appointment with him or her. I know its a little off the path of your program, just something that would be usefull for me. Dont get me wrong I am not complaining your app is awsome as is and very needed...
    Bringing up their address book page is one of the things on the todo list, from there you could do that I'm guessing, this is why someone suggested bringing up the address book page for the user
    01-06-09 03:43 PM
    Man that is a great idea!! I love it just shows the pic and you click what you want. Keep toying and I will update your app as it grows. Also u may want to create some kind of way so u can select different or multiple contacts for texting
    Well contact "touches", not clicks could be used to select contacts, a toggle kind of thing, and then click on the last contact maybe, but this might get annoying so it might need some double touch menu item to trigger it.
    01-06-09 03:46 PM
    Ok....I am a little confused. Downloaded app and all I get is icons and no options. I have read "most" of this quickly so I apologize if I have missed something.

Here are some ?'s:

I saw a screen capture that showed some "non-characted" icons, like mail icon, phone icon etc. All I see is a black "people" icons from my address list, from A-Z.

I see the weighing option after I hit a contact, but if I make them weigh more, nothing happens.

Can someone help me out?
    01-06-09 03:58 PM
    Ok....I am a little confused. Downloaded app and all I get is icons and no options. I have read "most" of this quickly so I apologize if I have missed something.
    They're still in the todo list for the most part. If you change from landscape to portrait it will remember your choice.

I saw a screen capture that showed some "non-characted" icons, like mail icon, phone icon etc. All I see is a black "people" icons from my address list, from A-Z.
    Not sure what you mean, by default the app gets the information from your address book in what ever order it is, when you click on a person it will throw up a dialog box asking you how you want to contact that person based on what contact methods you have stored in the system address book.

I see the weighing option after I hit a contact, but if I make them weigh more, nothing happens.
    The UI is still being worked on, I suck at it for the most part, but if you quit and reopen it the new weightings will be applied.
    01-06-09 05:41 PM
    0.7.15 is now up, I think I might have fixed the above weighting issue, the code wasn't doing a sort on the list after having the weighting changed.
    01-06-09 05:56 PM
    0.7.16 is now up, I tweaked the weighting dialog box a little.
    01-06-09 06:46 PM
    0.7.16 is now up, I tweaked the weighting dialog box a little.
    Very cool! I like the weighting A Lot! This app is sweet. Thank you so much for your hard work on it!
    01-06-09 07:53 PM
    it's imposible for me to dial a contact ?? i dont have the choice, i can only email ?, is there something i can do
    01-06-09 08:47 PM
    hey all, just got back to crackberry after the holiday break. skimmed thru this thread and the app seems awesome.

can i get a screengrab from someone?
    01-06-09 08:47 PM
    it's imposible for me to dial a contact ?? i dont have the choice, i can only email ?, is there something i can do
    The only reason for this, would if you stuck phone numbers under the fax section or something like that, there is 6 phone number sections that get imported, try refreshing the address book manually.
    01-06-09 08:54 PM
1,048 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD