Out of curiousity, how have you liked developing on the Blackberry/Storm platform so far? I was thinking about checking out the API and tinkering with it a bit.
    There is a lot of areas they could improve no end, starting with their documentation -- the current form is next to useless when compared to say the PHP documentation. I've no idea what they have in mind for developers but it comes off half baked at times.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-06-09 at 06:51 AM.
    01-06-09 06:48 AM
    0.7.11 is now up, pretty ugly how it goes from landscape to portrait and vice versa, but once its there its ok, also I can't seem to figure out why on first load there is 2 of every contacts, if you flip direction or exit and start the app again its fine, so it is yet another UI issue, rather than storage/sync etc.
    01-06-09 07:17 AM
    Very nice I just install .7.11 I see you got switch to portrait mode working.
    01-06-09 07:19 AM
    0.7.11 is now up, pretty ugly how it goes from landscape to portrait and vice versa, but once its there its ok, also I can't seem to figure out why on first load there is 2 of every contacts, if you flip direction or exit and start the app again its fine, so it is yet another UI issue, rather than storage/sync etc.
    I didnt notice this problem
    01-06-09 07:20 AM
    I didnt notice this problem
    Only happens the first time contacts are loaded from the address book, after that it's fine, must be a race condition or something similar in code where two pieces of code notice an empty address book and try to sync, not sure, still looking into it.
    01-06-09 07:22 AM
    What is the best way to update? I keep going to the same version. Thanks
    01-06-09 08:04 AM
    What is the best way to update? I keep going to the same version. Thanks
    Hit refresh when you view the version, the phone and/or RIMs servers cache everything they can, you have to force it to refresh some times. If this fails empty the browser cache too.
    01-06-09 08:09 AM
    This is looking awesome, nice work delta!
    01-06-09 08:24 AM
    0.7.13 is now up, I've been given some more graphics by another group and it actually looks a bit slicker now
    01-06-09 08:37 AM
    Delta program is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 08:54 AM
    0.7.13 is now up, I've been given some more graphics by another group and it actually looks a bit slicker now
    Wow looking awesome!
    01-06-09 08:56 AM
    Nice job! Looks great!
    01-06-09 09:00 AM
    7.13 looks great. The one problem I am having is, everytime I launch program the phone locks up for a few minutes. Had to do battery pull just now. Anyone else having this same problem?

01-06-09 09:15 AM
    love the program! love the updates! love the hard work!

one question:

how slick do you plan on making the program look? of course functionality goes before visuals, but i like a little eye candy in my application.

thanks again for all your hard work.
    01-06-09 09:20 AM
    7.13 looks great. The one problem I am having is, everytime I launch program the phone locks up for a few minutes. Had to do battery pull just now. Anyone else having this same problem?
    How big is your contact list and do you let it finish importing your contacts the first time before doing anything?

If you have a large list and you keep stopping it I can only assume this would be likely to happen
    01-06-09 09:27 AM
    I just downloaded 0.7.14 and for some reason it was staying in landscape mode permanently, for whatever reason. I went to Menu -> Switch to Portrait and for some reason it still stayed in landscape mode. Anyone know what may have caused this, etc.?

Thanks!

And I love the new layout I'm resetting the phone now so hopefully that does the trick. Thanks again Delta for portrait mode!
    01-06-09 09:28 AM
    how slick do you plan on making the program look? of course functionality goes before visuals, but i like a little eye candy in my application.
    Hoping to do both sort of hand in hand, but in case you missed it, I've been having some difficulty making the user interface do/look like the picture of what it should in my head
    01-06-09 09:28 AM
    The new graphics take away from the size of the contact name (where there's no picture). I can't see more than 9-10 characters in any name.
    01-06-09 09:31 AM
    The new graphics take away from the size of the contact name (where there's no picture). I can't see more than 9-10 characters in any name.
    Another reason to just have it display only picture contacts
    01-06-09 09:32 AM
    This looks awesome! Thank you so much for your hard work!
    01-06-09 09:34 AM
    I'm pow-wow'ing with some graphic designers tomorrow to hopefully sort out some of the design issues, I am by no means a graphic designer by any connotation

These sort of things will be brought up in the meeting.

Had a brief meeting this afternoon about beer o'clock but yea everyone wanted to nick off
    01-06-09 09:39 AM
    How big is your contact list and do you let it finish importing your contacts the first time before doing anything?

If you have a large list and you keep stopping it I can only assume this would be likely to happen
    Works now. I was just trying to do too much at once. You are the best. Can't wait to see what's next. Everyone at my work loves this program.

01-06-09 09:39 AM
    Thanks so much again Delta! Portrait mode works and looks amazing.

I do have a question, though. If I adjust all of my contacts weighting to the way I want it, when I upgrade for example from 0.7.14 to 0.7.15 or whatever is next will it remember all my weightings when I open the new version? Thanks!
    01-06-09 09:46 AM
    I think yes. When I upgraded from the last version to this new version, every contact was on his spot I put it before.
    01-06-09 09:47 AM
    Thanks so much again Delta! Portrait mode works and looks amazing.

I do have a question, though. If I adjust all of my contacts weighting to the way I want it, when I upgrade for example from 0.7.14 to 0.7.15 or whatever is next will it remember all my weightings when I open the new version? Thanks!
    I believe so, I deleted the app, reinstalled it and it still remembered settings, which was most annoying as I was trying to wipe the settings at the time!

To be sure try changing the order of a few contacts, delete the app and reinstall it and see if it stays put. At this stage I have no plans to alter the data structure so hopefully things won't be lost between upgrades and what not.
    01-06-09 09:49 AM
1,048 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD