How about for now offering two programs. One landscape and one portrait. Untill you get it sorted out...
    Only just saw this post, but yea, but it doesn't need to be 2 programs, just a setting that makes things go one way or the other.
    01-05-09 11:44 AM
    Only cool ppl get it hehe
    I haven't disappeared, but I've sort of gone back to working on another app I'm trying to finish off I started before this one, I like to think of it as my ultimate driving app, although I haven't publically released it yet, coming soon though.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 11:44 AM
    Why not just download the brilliant Phone Face programme. You can flick pics of your contacts, press on the face you want and have a choice to call, text or email!
    01-05-09 12:41 PM
    Phone face doesn't have enough options and is hard to deal with. My wife hates it. It needs some polishing in itself. At least this is being created with the users in mind. Keep up the good work!
    01-05-09 12:57 PM
    I agree. Got to love a developer who releases an app to a forum and actually tries to fix problems and accomodate user request...**** almost instantly..Keep up the great work Delta
    01-05-09 01:10 PM
    How does this tailor made version differ from Phone Face?
    01-05-09 02:28 PM
    I downloaded this yesterday, but it listed all my contacts twice. Is there a way to fix this? They're listed once in the Blackberry phone book, I checked.
    01-05-09 02:31 PM
    A couple of things since I last posted:

1. I'd prefer portrait mode 99% of the time, but a user setting for those who use landscape would be good too.

2. To the above poster, Phone Face is NOT fast. It is slower than the regular phonebook, even if it has pretty scrolling. My main wish for FaceCall is that it be a fast replacement to call/text my main contacts as soon as I open it, no scrolling involved (or at least minimal scrolling).

3. FaceCall is the best name I've heard for this program yet. No reason to get too cute.

4. Just DLed 0.6.12 and rebooted. Contacts don't update their new weighting until you close out and reopen. Not sure if you knew that.

5. This might throw a wrench into things, but being able to cram more pics on the opening screen would mean less scrolling. Maybe getting rid of the search bar and sorting areas, but that would put them in the BB menus, which some people might not like. Not sure what most people like.

6. I'm still waiting for the right time to use my new NameTag app.
    01-05-09 02:44 PM
    ATM I re-did the code, and screen layout, to be landscape specific, maybe the easy quick fix here would be a preference option rather than trying to deal with rotation, that way those that want landscape can have it, and those that want portrait can have it and then we can collectively move on to the next goal, I'm sort of treading water atm trying to over come this exact issue and what to do about it.
    Is this version uploaded already? I still get 0.6.12.
    01-05-09 03:03 PM
    I'm running 0.6.4 and notice no issues

01-05-09 03:29 PM
    I downloaded this yesterday, but it listed all my contacts twice. Is there a way to fix this? They're listed once in the Blackberry phone book, I checked.
    Did you try the manual refresh/reload menu option?

Alternatively you may have to delete and re-install it, if you have a version that didn't check the UID from the address book.
    01-05-09 05:29 PM
    1. I'd prefer portrait mode 99% of the time, but a user setting for those who use landscape would be good too.
    Will be worked on this morning.

4. Just DLed 0.6.12 and rebooted. Contacts don't update their new weighting until you close out and reopen. Not sure if you knew that.
    I've tried numerous things I thought that might clear and reshow the screen, but UI stuff isn't my strong suit.

5. This might throw a wrench into things, but being able to cram more pics on the opening screen would mean less scrolling. Maybe getting rid of the search bar and sorting areas, but that would put them in the BB menus, which some people might not like. Not sure what most people like.
    Another setting, show the quick filter/search/sort bars for those that want them, hide it for those that don't.

6. I'm still waiting for the right time to use my new NameTag app.
    Maybe you should try childrens birthday parties
    01-05-09 05:31 PM
    possible suggestion to weighting??? you said how everyones weight automatically starts at 50-- if everyones weight started at 0, or 10, then we could go through and pick out our top 9 people and switch there weight to 50 and they would auto show up at the top, would be a easy way for people to set up they app with there top called people when they first get it instead of waiting till they call those top 9 people ya know. idk, just a suggestion.
    01-05-09 07:20 PM
    possible suggestion to weighting??? you said how everyones weight automatically starts at 50
    50 is just some arbitary number and I have no idea why I picked it over say 0, or 100 or ....

if everyones weight started at 0, or 10, then we could go through and pick out our top 9 people and switch there weight to 50 and they would auto show up at the top
    You can do that anyway, set them +50 (which is the default 50 + another 50 = 100)

would be a easy way for people to set up they app with there top called people when they first get it instead of waiting till they call those top 9 people ya know. idk, just a suggestion.
    Again, no idea why I picked 50, but has no effect really, since you can set someone to 100, or 150 (by hitting +50 twice), it's very hard to make explainations clear and concise with very short name tags.
    01-05-09 07:28 PM
    Again, no idea why I picked 50, but has no effect really, since you can set someone to 100, or 150 (by hitting +50 twice), it's very hard to make explainations clear and concise with very short name tags.

didnt think of this. good call. thanks. love this app btw.
    01-05-09 07:31 PM
    A suggestion would be to move the alter weighing button to under the menu key to clean it up.

With this weighing thing the program would be usable for me for the first time if it were in portrait. To this point it has just been a toy.

I'm excited to see where this goes.

Keep up the good work.

01-05-09 08:36 PM
    Is this version uploaded already? I still get 0.6.12.
    DL today and still got 0.6.12 also. Love this app BTW. +1 for portrait mode.
    01-05-09 09:17 PM
    Portrait please...DL'd 0.6.12 and was surprised to see landscape only
    01-05-09 09:28 PM
    I'm working on portait or landscape via settings, however I only have 8 fingers 2 thumbs and a pair of hands to do it with

I think there is a saying about this, something never seen in a man and seldom in woman
    01-05-09 10:05 PM
    A suggestion would be to move the alter weighing button to under the menu key to clean it up.
    I thought about doing that, but ended up doing it via the popup s I thought it would confuse people less.
    01-05-09 10:07 PM
    Portrait please...DL'd 0.6.12 and was surprised to see landscape only
    It was portrait only at one point and I found I preferred landscape, but I'm working on a settings/option and code to make this do either.
    01-05-09 10:08 PM
    Delta, we understand. Nobody is complaining. We all appreciate your hard and wonderful work.

01-05-09 10:14 PM
    Agree with fiddler, it's guys like Delta that come up with threaded true iPhone style SMS texting for the storm, etc.
    01-05-09 10:53 PM
    Agree with fiddler, it's guys like Delta that come up with threaded true iPhone style SMS texting for the storm, etc.
    Well there is APIs for message handling/viewing so that is more possible than using the flash on the phone for a torch which there isn't an exposed API for.
    01-06-09 02:19 AM
    Well there is APIs for message handling/viewing so that is more possible than using the flash on the phone for a torch which there isn't an exposed API for.
    Out of curiousity, how have you liked developing on the Blackberry/Storm platform so far? I was thinking about checking out the API and tinkering with it a bit.
    01-06-09 06:46 AM
1,048 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD