The alter option freezes my storm.
    Using 0.6.8.
    01-04-09 03:08 PM
    The alter option freezes my storm.
    Using 0.6.8.
    It's not actually freezing it, it's closing the screen and showing what's underneath, but it's not active you can hit the hangup/end call button and the stuff underneath become usable then, hopefully the changes made to 0.6.9 fix this though, I gave up trying to close/reload the screen.
    01-04-09 03:11 PM
    Yes I noticed that. But I can't use the program again before I reboot.
    01-04-09 03:12 PM
    After no less than 4 reboots, due to the splash screen of death 3 times, I can now use the app, except it's spitting out an error and won't start, RIM'd again!
    01-04-09 03:15 PM
    Delta, what's your attorney's address? My Storm battery wants to sue you...
    01-04-09 03:17 PM
    Should I install 0.6.10?
    01-04-09 03:20 PM
    0.6.11 is up, small bug where I didn't trap an exception.
    01-04-09 03:23 PM
    This program is coming along nicely. Just wanted to say thanks again
    Last edited by cannonaz; 01-04-09 at 05:12 PM.
    01-04-09 03:26 PM
    0.6.12 is stuck in landscape

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 04:06 PM
    Stuck in landscape as well...

01-04-09 07:55 PM
    Ditto on the landscape problem.
    01-04-09 08:06 PM
    The developer did that on purpose. Look a few posts back.

01-04-09 08:08 PM
    This is the post I'm talking about:

0.6.4 more UI changes, I've flipped things from portrait to landscape, still trying to figure out how to do both, but yea enough monkies and typewriters problem atm
    01-04-09 08:13 PM
    I still <3 this app.. it's easier to use then the actual contact / address book. And it gets better every time I check on here, lol
    01-04-09 08:35 PM
    I haven't disappeared, but I've sort of gone back to working on another app I'm trying to finish off I started before this one, I like to think of it as my ultimate driving app, although I haven't publically released it yet, coming soon though.
    01-05-09 09:56 AM
    We sure hope you will finish this program soon. I can't wait to see a final release.
    01-05-09 10:17 AM
    I absolutely love this application and have downloaded every update since it came out. What frustrates me is a few small things. I love the fact that we can now do "Weightings" for each contact I think that's extremely helpful. What was the reasoning behind strictly landscape mode? Because on a daily basis when I'm looking to make a call or SMS or email I'm almost always 100% in portrait mode. The only time I would say I'm in landscape mode is while browsing, etc.
    01-05-09 11:10 AM
    Also, what I'd like to know is let's say I accidentally made my sister +50 so that puts her at #1. Now I decided you know what I don't talk to her that much I want to put her back in alphabetical order - how do I accomplish this? If I put her on +0 it doesn't do anything, and if I put her on -50 it puts her at the bottom, thanks!
    01-05-09 11:11 AM
    Also, what I'd like to know is let's say I accidentally made my sister +50 so that puts her at #1. Now I decided you know what I don't talk to her that much I want to put her back in alphabetical order - how do I accomplish this? If I put her on +0 it doesn't do anything, and if I put her on -50 it puts her at the bottom, thanks!
    These values aren't absolutes, I should have explained this the other day.

Each contact starts out with a weighting of +50, from there every time you call or sms or something with a contact it adds 1 to the weighting field, the +/- 50 is relative, not absolute, you can give someone -500 or -5000, or -2bill, it's an int field so capable of +/- 2bn approx.

Although in writing this I realise I probably should set some sane absolute limits.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-05-09 at 11:23 AM.
    01-05-09 11:19 AM
    I absolutely love this application and have downloaded every update since it came out. What frustrates me is a few small things. I love the fact that we can now do "Weightings" for each contact I think that's extremely helpful. What was the reasoning behind strictly landscape mode? Because on a daily basis when I'm looking to make a call or SMS or email I'm almost always 100% in portrait mode. The only time I would say I'm in landscape mode is while browsing, etc.
    Because I find I use it more in landscape than portrait?

I don't want to lock things this way, I'm just struggling with the UI and how to deal with things the best way and I'm very open to suggestions on what to do from here.
    01-05-09 11:20 AM
    We sure hope you will finish this program soon. I can't wait to see a final release.
    Is any program ever final? (rather than abandoned)
    01-05-09 11:21 AM
    Because I find I use it more in landscape than portrait?

I don't want to lock things this way, I'm just struggling with the UI and how to deal with things the best way and I'm very open to suggestions on what to do from here.
    How about for now offering two programs. One landscape and one portrait. Untill you get it sorted out...
    01-05-09 11:28 AM
    Oh and here's the current wish list/todo list I haven't implemented yet:

* Sort by alphabetical
    * Sort by photo first
    * Picture Contacts only
    * Show only contacts from one Group(s)
    * Landscape/rotation
    * Mobile # Only
    * Disable Pictures
    * Inertia Scrolling
    * Names under picts
    * Launch Address Book instead of PIN
    01-05-09 11:29 AM
    Oh and here's the current wish list/todo list I haven't implemented yet:

* Sort by alphabetical
    * Sort by photo first
    * Picture Contacts only
    * Show only contacts from one Group(s)
    * Landscape/rotation
    * Mobile # Only
    * Disable Pictures
    * Inertia Scrolling
    * Names under picts
    * Launch Address Book instead of PIN
    I absolutely think this program would be unbelievable if all of these features can be implemented. But until then is there anyway to lock the program in portrait mode? Because I really think it would be 100000x more useful being able to see the contacts without having to move the phone etc. If this is possible would REALLY appreciate it!
    01-05-09 11:34 AM
    I absolutely think this program would be unbelievable if all of these features can be implemented. But until then is there anyway to lock the program in portrait mode? Because I really think it would be 100000x more useful being able to see the contacts without having to move the phone etc. If this is possible would REALLY appreciate it!
    ATM I re-did the code, and screen layout, to be landscape specific, maybe the easy quick fix here would be a preference option rather than trying to deal with rotation, that way those that want landscape can have it, and those that want portrait can have it and then we can collectively move on to the next goal, I'm sort of treading water atm trying to over come this exact issue and what to do about it.
    01-05-09 11:42 AM
1,048 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD