how do i get this on my phone? do i visit a site OTA?
    01-02-09 11:53 PM
    This has got to be one of the coolest ideas I have yet to see for the storm. Question...this may defeat the purpose for the app...but how about using the same type of program as a speed dial? PhoneFace could sort all the contacts like your doing, but also have like a speed dial for the 9 (or even more with a swipe of the screen) contacts the user would most like to use. Just a thought...I hope I haven't been redundant to another post...forgive me if I have. This is such a great idea...my hat it totally off to the developer....THANKS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 12:00 AM
    I am loving this!
    01-03-09 12:19 AM
    This has got to be one of the coolest ideas I have yet to see for the storm. Question...this may defeat the purpose for the app...but how about using the same type of program as a speed dial? PhoneFace could sort all the contacts like your doing, but also have like a speed dial for the 9 (or even more with a swipe of the screen) contacts the user would most like to use. Just a thought...I hope I haven't been redundant to another post...forgive me if I have. This is such a great idea...my hat it totally off to the developer....THANKS!
    That's basically what the blank area either side of the pics is for, quick sort/quick search functions, one "group" could be your "speed" group and that's the only pics that get displayed.
    01-03-09 02:03 AM
    I'm sorry to be such a noob at this but I have been downloading the app fine up untill now... I keep getting error 404 - Not Found

am I doing something wrong
    01-03-09 03:11 AM
    just use the BB, find this thread on the wap.crackberry.com, then click one of the many links listed in the thread for the OTA install. any of them should work, he just updates the .jad on his end
    01-03-09 03:18 AM
    I'm sorry to be such a noob at this but I have been downloading the app fine up untill now... I keep getting error 404
    Weird, I just checked it then and it came down fine, try clicking details and refresh the details page.
    01-03-09 06:47 AM
    or try clearing your cache thats what i had to do
    01-03-09 07:22 AM
    just downloaded newest version
    scrolls great
    thanks
    01-03-09 07:40 AM
    or try clearing your cache thats what i had to do
    Refreshing usually saves you the extra menu clicking
    01-03-09 08:03 AM
    Refreshing usually saves you the extra menu clicking
    usually is right. Last time refreshing didn't work for me though.
    01-03-09 09:10 AM
    Hey Delta didn't see anything about this in the thread. I downloaded the app and like the looks of it so far. The problem I had was after deleting around 50 names from my address book. The names(even after refreshing, battery pulls, a couple reinstalls) still appear in the application even though their no longer in my add book. I cleaned everything up on my phone, but still no luck.
    01-03-09 01:21 PM
    This is very cool. I am experiencing the same problem as louiedawg. Thanks for sharing.
    01-03-09 03:08 PM
    Weird, I just checked it then and it came down fine, try clicking details and refresh the details page.
    Wow.. I figured it out...I didn't think it mattered but I wasn't capitalizing the F and C in FaceCall when i was inputting the address.

Again I was sure capitals didn't matter when inputting web address but apparently they do on the BB.

I checked it four times and every time I didn't put a capital F or C it wouldn't work.
    01-03-09 08:01 PM
    Again I was sure capitals didn't matter when inputting web address but apparently they do on the BB.
    This has nothing to do with BB, non-windows based sites supports the feature of case sensitive file names, domain/host names aren't case sensitive however, regardless of platform.
    01-03-09 09:28 PM
    Hey Delta didn't see anything about this in the thread. I downloaded the app and like the looks of it so far. The problem I had was after deleting around 50 names from my address book. The names(even after refreshing, battery pulls, a couple reinstalls) still appear in the application even though their no longer in my add book. I cleaned everything up on my phone, but still no luck.
    This isn't something I was checking for, I was only updating or adding, not removing, will add a fix shortly.
    01-03-09 09:29 PM
    I'm getting the same error 404. Cleared cache and all. Ideas?
    01-03-09 10:44 PM
    I'm getting the same error 404. Cleared cache and all. Ideas?
    See the above post about case-sensitivity. Make sure you have it correct
    01-03-09 10:52 PM
    Actually the person above probably tried to download it as I was re-organising things, too many apps were ending up in the root space, I've made a directory for them now, but the old URLs will still redirect as well, which he probably hit the URL between me moving the apps and adding the rewrite stuff in the server config.
    01-03-09 11:47 PM
    http://www.bigtincan.com/misc/FaceCall.jad is the new URL, old one will still work but will redirect you to the new URL, the newest version is 0.5.3 and when you refresh the address book it now checks for deleted entries and hopefully deletes them from the local cache as well.

Ever since I added the local caching code it wants to reboot on ever install now, regardless if I've used it or not, this isn't an app thing, but a RIM OS thing.
    01-03-09 11:52 PM
    Oh and with 0.5.3 you need to restart to see the cache changes come into effect, the lack of immediate refresh of the screen is tied into the bigger picture of screen design/layout and my lack of knowledge in this area so far, I'm was hoping to figure out how to rotate the images 90 degrees but I'm not having much luck so far converting between different classes etc.
    01-03-09 11:58 PM
    I only get 0.5.2, no matter what I try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 12:07 AM
    I only get 0.5.2, no matter what I try.
    0.5.3 was uploaded, but I overlooked updating the version number... version number is fixed now...
    01-04-09 12:35 AM
    downloaded latest version
    again, thanks so much!!
    I'm not sure of the fixes you have been working on but mine scrolls easily, loads fast, sorts by most called.(50 contacts)

I love this app!
    01-04-09 08:11 AM
    Maybe I missed it in the thread but when I send a PIN they don't go through because it's trying to send from my email account not peer to peer. Did I miss something?
    01-04-09 08:25 AM
1,048 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD