I have a contact who has a mobile number and an "other" number. The "other" won't show up. He also has two email addresses, but only the first shows up.

I have .35.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 01:14 PM
    0.3.7 is up, searches for existing address book entry to update before adding a new one, should prevent duplicates from occurring
    01-02-09 01:17 PM
    Just don't take away the Name Tag!
    01-02-09 01:17 PM
    I have a contact who has a mobile number and an "other" number. The "other" won't show up. He also has two email addresses, but only the first shows up.
    You'll need to remove the existing version, or upgrade to 0.3.7 and manually re-run the address book import.
    01-02-09 01:18 PM
    0.3.8.... forgot to alter the number picking code... sorry...
    01-02-09 01:23 PM
    It worked for call and sms, but I still get only one email address.

Also, mobile2 appears before mobile.

01-02-09 01:38 PM
    To the creator.
    You should try to implement an update feature in the menu, so when there are new builds, we can just hit that instead of just refreshing the web page to download latest
    01-02-09 01:42 PM
    site is down
    01-02-09 02:12 PM
    It's not down. You just have to clear your content chace in the browser options. This is probably a result of the developer's attempt to force the site to push the latest version.

01-02-09 02:15 PM
    i dont think there is yet, but maybe im missing it, but is there a way to set this up so it only displays the top 9 people you choose to show and not your whole contact list? if not, is this planned to be worked into the app? thanks!
    01-02-09 03:21 PM
    i dont think there is yet, but maybe im missing it, but is there a way to set this up so it only displays the top 9 people you choose to show and not your whole contact list? if not, is this planned to be worked into the app? thanks!
    Planned among others liek only picture contacts... I think the list is a page or 2 back
    01-02-09 03:22 PM
    Wow this app is pretty kewl!! I love the fact I dont have to click 5 times to get to my contacts anymore! Thanks for the app!
    01-02-09 04:25 PM
    0.3.8.... forgot to alter the number picking code... sorry...
    I'm the 1,100 contacts guy, and just upgraded to 0.3.8.

The app seems to load faster, but scrolling is PAINFULLY slow.

It makes the app essentially unusable it is that slow. I am talking like a 3+ second delay with each swipe.

I'm excited with the progress though!

You ROCK!
    01-02-09 05:16 PM
    I am really loving this app. Thank you so much for sharing all of your hard work.

Just as the previous poster, I noticed a much slower scroll with this version. I only have about 50 contacts.

HTH
    01-02-09 07:14 PM
    I don't know if this was there in previous versions, but for me the scrolling only seems slow because there are white bars at the top and bottom, so the contacts don't completely fill up the screen. It's invisible because the whole screen is white, but it makes you have to scroll a few more times than you would otherwise.

01-02-09 07:27 PM
    I'm the 1,100 contacts guy, and just upgraded to 0.3.8.

The app seems to load faster, but scrolling is PAINFULLY slow.

It makes the app essentially unusable it is that slow. I am talking like a 3+ second delay with each swipe.
    The reasons it seems to be slow is the API for accessing contacts and the app may have been loading contacts still in the background, I think I need some sort of progress indicator or something so first time it has a chance to do it's thing.

However once the contacts have been loaded it should almost be instantaneous, especially for the person with only 50 contacts.
    01-02-09 07:48 PM
    I don't know if this was there in previous versions, but for me the scrolling only seems slow because there are white bars at the top and bottom, so the contacts don't completely fill up the screen. It's invisible because the whole screen is white, but it makes you have to scroll a few more times than you would otherwise.

That was intended. He made those as placeholders for search bars, etc., but they are not implemented yet. But would be sweet is if it had momentum (inertial) scrolling. But I'm sure that's a whole different animal, and most people just want one screen with their most used contacts so scrolling might not be as important.
    01-02-09 07:54 PM
    That was intended. He made those as placeholders for search bars, etc., but they are not implemented yet. But would be sweet is if it had momentum (inertial) scrolling. But I'm sure that's a whole different animal, and most people just want one screen with their most used contacts so scrolling might not be as important.
    I have no idea how to do that, but I figure if the list remembers/sorts by most used contacts and they appear at the start of the list then that has to be quicker then scrolling, and the search/filter ideas I have should make it quicker as well for less used contacts.
    01-02-09 08:08 PM
    I have no idea how to do that, but I figure if the list remembers/sorts by most used contacts and they appear at the start of the list then that has to be quicker then scrolling, and the search/filter ideas I have should make it quicker as well for less used contacts.
    Ya, it's more of a wish list in general for the entire OS, something the RIM engineers should have implemented on Day One. (or at least when they got their hands on an iPhone)
    01-02-09 08:28 PM
    0.5.0 is now up, 0.4.0 if you grabbed it added a dialog to say it was processing the address book, 0.5.0 adds a bit of code to sort by the amount of times you use a contact, and of course increase the weighting every time you use one. Does not use your call logs to work this out, I figured it was more hassle than it was worth since it's hard to match shorter versions of the same number used etc.
    01-02-09 08:33 PM
    Ya, it's more of a wish list in general for the entire OS, something the RIM engineers should have implemented on Day One. (or at least when they got their hands on an iPhone)
    They may not be able to touch an iPhone for legal reasons. Actually I'm surprised with all the patent trolls in the US that anyone can make anything any more and not get torpedoed the minute they become successful.
    01-02-09 08:34 PM
    0.5.1 - I just reduced the exit wait time from 5 seconds to 1 second. Let me know if this is better or worst.
    01-02-09 08:39 PM
    The reasons it seems to be slow is the API for accessing contacts and the app may have been loading contacts still in the background, I think I need some sort of progress indicator or something so first time it has a chance to do it's thing.

However once the contacts have been loaded it should almost be instantaneous, especially for the person with only 50 contacts.
    I had another freshly installed app running on my phone that proved to be problematic. This may have been the reason that app was running slow, it was bogging my entire phone down.

I will do more research tomorrow. Sorry about that.
    01-02-09 09:55 PM
    Once I get the layout stuff sorted, one of the options will be to show one particular group and other filter options, this is the current wish/todo list:

* Sort by alphabetical
    * Sort by most called
    * Sort by photo first
    * Picture Contacts only
    * Show only contacts from one group(s)
    * Alter Sort by Weighting (up/down)
    * Landscape/rotation
    * Mobile # Only
    * Disable Pictures
    * Label numbers

Thanks for the hard work and all the updates. This will make this a much more usable phone for me.
    01-02-09 10:51 PM
    Update - I started the app and set my phone down for a couple of minutes and when I came back it was all loaded and quick as ever!

I'm very excited to see this progress further, what a great app.

01-02-09 11:37 PM
1,048 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD