is there a way that you can just use a select few names out of the contacts list\
    01-02-09 02:13 AM
    is there a way that you can just use a select few names out of the contacts list\
    Once I get the layout stuff sorted, one of the options will be to show one particular group and other filter options, this is the current wish/todo list:

* Sort by alphabetical
    * Sort by most called
    * Sort by photo first
    * Picture Contacts only
    * Show only contacts from one group(s)
    * Alter Sort by Weighting (up/down)
    * Landscape/rotation
    * Mobile # Only
    * Disable Pictures
    * Label numbers
    01-02-09 02:43 AM
    hmm..keep getting the "uncaught exception" error message now...tried compatibily mode both on and off and did a couple battery pulls. Must just be my phone and this version. I'll wait and try the next one. Based on the DeltaFoxtrot's history that should be another hour or two lol
    01-02-09 04:34 AM
    hmm..keep getting the "uncaught exception" error message now...tried compatibily mode both on and off and did a couple battery pulls.
    Have the same issue
    01-02-09 05:34 AM
    I got the same error message this morning.
    01-02-09 06:25 AM
    Version 0.1.5 = white screen of death.
    01-02-09 06:33 AM
    Same thing for me. What's up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 06:49 AM
    Once I get the layout stuff sorted, one of the options will be to show one particular group and other filter options, this is the current wish/todo list:

* Sort by alphabetical
    * Sort by most called
    * Sort by photo first
    * Picture Contacts only
    * Show only contacts from one group(s)
    * Alter Sort by Weighting (up/down)
    * Landscape/rotation
    * Mobile # Only
    * Disable Pictures
    * Label numbers
    I can't wait til some of these are done, thanks for writing this app! I wish I had enough spare time these days to do some development on the Storm.

Is there any chance of being able to display a contact's name in addition to their picture if there is one? I'm not sure if that defeats the purpose of what you're trying to do, but at least I would find it useful
    01-02-09 07:04 AM
    I did suggest about doing seperate versions :P

This is to do with the layout changes I'm trying to make.

Oh and I prefer white screen of blank myself (since nothing has died and all)
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-02-09 at 07:29 AM.
    01-02-09 07:14 AM
    0.1.10 is now up, I think I have the screen size thing sorted.

* Images are loaded in a background thread, should speed up load times for those with big contact lists
    * Still working on the rotation thing, but I finally, after hitting all the buttons in sight, figured out how to have a 60px gap at the top and bottom, this will be for search and/or filtering
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-02-09 at 08:07 AM.
    01-02-09 07:35 AM
    The program is now slower than slow. It takes a while to load and the screem drags with every move.

(I hope you don't take my comments as complaints)

01-02-09 08:22 AM
    The program is now slower than slow. It takes a while to load and the screem drags with every move.
    Hmmm how many contact do you have etc? It should in theory (and everything works in theory ), be quicker since it loads everything into a Vector before attempting to display everything. Hmmm will have to have another crack at it I guess, although I think I need to build a small util automatically add 1000+ random contacts into the simulator.

Constructive feedback isn't a complaint.
    01-02-09 08:44 AM
    I have about 220. That isn't much, I think.

01-02-09 08:56 AM
    I have about 220. That isn't much, I think.
    I tend to trim my contacts list semi-annually, just archived unused contacts that were unuser in the last 6 months in the last week or so, so I have fewer then 50 most of the time
    01-02-09 08:59 AM
    0.1.11 is up, see if that works any quicker for you. Failing that I'm going to resort to cheating some what
    01-02-09 09:00 AM

Hm.... Mine seems to be normal speed. No delays. I have aprx 100 contacts, and only about 10 of them connected to a photo.

I have not updated since 0.45. On the latest version the icons seem to be centered now on the screen. Previously aligned left. Also no landscape mode, and now I see arrows showing up and down scroll...

One thing I notice is that the screen is not utilized from top to bottom. Looks like you could fit 4x3 if you were to use the whole screen.
    01-02-09 09:02 AM
    Yes, the screen movements seem a little faster in .11. Loading time seems the same.

01-02-09 09:02 AM
    Yes, the screen movements seem a little faster in .11. Loading time seems the same.

.11 is my first reboot!
    01-02-09 09:12 AM
    One thing I notice is that the screen is not utilized from top to bottom. Looks like you could fit 4x3 if you were to use the whole screen.
    This space is for search and/or filter buttons... (Which don't exist yet)

It actually took a lot of effort to make that space!
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 01-02-09 at 09:56 AM.
    01-02-09 09:50 AM
    What's the Name Tag all about?

Oh, and mad props on the app.
    01-02-09 10:08 AM
    What's the Name Tag all about?
    It's a gimmicky bit of code I had lying about doing nothing that looks like a name tag you get at a conference, just add a lanyard and hang the phone round your neck!
    01-02-09 10:13 AM
    It's a gimmicky bit of code I had lying about doing nothing that looks like a name tag you get at a conference, just add a lanyard and hang the phone round your neck!

Nice!
    01-02-09 10:16 AM
    0.2.0 is now up, this version introduces a caching feature where the address book is copied to a local Persistable Vector, the purpose of which is it seems to load quicker once it has the data, and I can start adding custom fields to the data, like weighting to alter the search order.

The down side is knowing when to refresh the cache giving balance to too frequent or not often enough, as I don't seem to be able to easily find out when the address book last changed.
    01-02-09 10:58 AM
    0.2.0 is now up, this version introduces a caching feature where the address book is copied to a local Persistable Vector, the purpose of which is it seems to load quicker once it has the data, and I can start adding custom fields to the data, like weighting to alter the search order.

The down side is knowing when to refresh the cache giving balance to too frequent or not often enough, as I don't seem to be able to easily find out when the address book last changed.
    I get the error:
    "Error starting FaceCall:
    Module 'FaceCall' attempts to access a secure API."

This is with 0.2.00..any idea?
    01-02-09 11:01 AM
    I get the error:
    "Error starting FaceCall:
    Module 'FaceCall' attempts to access a secure API."

This is with 0.2.00..any idea?
    That should only happen if I forgot to sign it, but it ran on this phone...
    01-02-09 11:16 AM
1,048 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD