Oh and I like working for small companies I get as good or better remuneration anyway, no cubical farm, no PHBs, etc etc etc
    12-31-08 06:42 PM
    Welcome back!

Don't forget to work on landscape view.
    12-31-08 06:50 PM
    Oops, forgot to list that one

* Sort by alphabetical
    * Sort by most called
    * Sort by photo first
    * Picture Contacts only
    * Show only contacts from one Groups
    * Alter Sort by Weighting (up/down)
    * Landscape/rotation
    12-31-08 06:59 PM
    Oh and I like working for small companies I get as good or better remuneration anyway, no cubical farm, no PHBs, etc etc etc
    I was joking... Just that RIM employees could use your motivation...And Awsome app. The biggest thing I was missing on my Storm.
    12-31-08 07:01 PM
    Wow... I turn my back for a few hours and look what happens!

Ok I caught up on this thread and here's a list, in no particular order, of feature requests that would seem to fit everyones requirements so far:

* Sort by alphabetical
    * Sort by most called
    * Sort by photo first
    * Picture Contacts only
    * Show only contacts from one Groups
    * Alter Sort by Weighting (up/down)

Did I miss or over look anything?
    Ok Delta_Foxtrot2 I have been following your 'app' since you first posted the suggestion and I have to say that it is a brilliant idea with huge potential...and danm you work fast...I was expecting the first version in like a week.... and I come on to see almost 6 revisions...lol....great work.

One suggestion someone had mentioned to save time is to have the app run on two settings; 'light mode' and 'full mode'

...where 'light mode' only shows the main mobile number for calling/sms and the main email (in order to cut down on clicking and selection so that it is faster)

...where 'full mode' gives you all the numbers to choose from

That way for people that will be using this app to save time and speed through the calling, sms, or email process they can choose the light mode knowing it'll only take max 2 clicks to select, call, sms, or email. someone

just a thought brought up by someone a few posts back.

again awesome work on this...you are really fast...

so next project is a flash player for the storm right?? lol
    12-31-08 07:01 PM
    Ok you have been online for twentyminutesnow. What revision areyou upto 2.055...LOL keep upthe great work
    12-31-08 07:06 PM
    any chance you could add an option not to use pictures. For some reason I hardly ever use the picture option even though it's a very nice feature.
    Abigfish
    12-31-08 07:14 PM
    any chance you could add an option not to use pictures. For some reason I hardly ever use the picture option even though it's a very nice feature.
    Abigfish
    Why don't you just use the built-in address book?
    12-31-08 07:26 PM
    thanks dude. i cant wait!!
    12-31-08 07:32 PM
    I was joking... Just that RIM employees could use your motivation...And Awsome app. The biggest thing I was missing on my Storm.
    I know, but I still gave an honest answer
    12-31-08 07:36 PM
    Why don't you just use the built-in address book?
    Trying the betas out sans the pictures still layed out the names in a much easier way to scroll through. Contacts from BB is a bit cumbersome to navigate it seems that this app will be much more user friendly and simple.
    12-31-08 07:39 PM
    Right, but that suggestion defeats the whole idea of the program.

On second thought, it would be great to have a secondary address book program. It just has a nicer and easier layout.
    12-31-08 07:49 PM
    One suggestion someone had mentioned to save time is to have the app run on two settings; 'light mode' and 'full mode'
    This is just another filter for "mobile" numbers only.

so next project is a flash player for the storm right?? lol
    You think I'm crazy or something? lol
    12-31-08 07:49 PM
    Right, but that suggestion defeats the whole idea of the program.

On second thought, it would be great to have a secondary address book program. It just has a nicer and easier layout.
    Just another filter, disable photos, then the app will fill in with names only.
    12-31-08 07:50 PM
    ultimately what i would like is a bar on the bottom of the screen to touch the letter of the last name of the person and then the data come up across the sceen in a 4x4 matrix of names using the same features that this prog uses like click and your options come up. Simple and quick a lot less hassel than the bb contact list.
    12-31-08 07:54 PM
    ultimately what i would like is a bar on the bottom of the screen to touch the letter of the last name of the person and then the data come up across the sceen in a 4x4 matrix of names using the same features that this prog uses like click and your options come up. Simple and quick a lot less hassel than the bb contact list.
    I've tried to make a short cut bar previously, but haven't succeeded with it yet :/

As for the quick search based on letter, this would almost depend how you sorted if it would be useful or effective at all.
    12-31-08 07:57 PM
    I'm about to keel over from the heat again so I'm bout to head off to find some geocaches in cooler spots, will try and get some/all of the points I posted above done later today when it starts to cool off again!
    12-31-08 07:58 PM
    One more feature you forgot to mention: adding the label to the number being called (home, work or mobile).
    12-31-08 09:12 PM
    Oh and a great feature would be the ability to select multiple contacts all at once for mass sms...something that is not as easy to do with the current contact setup that comes with BB.

(I know you can make groups of people to send to but sometimes you need to send to a bunch of people you normally wouldn't or that don't really fit in a group all the time)
    12-31-08 11:39 PM
    One more feature you forgot to mention: adding the label to the number being called (home, work or mobile).
    Oops, saw that and meant to make a note of it, but yea must have overlooked/missed it.
    01-01-09 02:05 AM
    The current name(s) aren't witty enough, does anyone have a better suggestion(s) for a name for this app?

PS, .46 is up thanks to Omie for sending me some great icons, there is more icons to be used in the app itself I haven't coded in yet though, there has been no code changes, just laucher/app icon(s).
    01-01-09 03:54 AM
    The current name(s) aren't witty enough, does anyone have a better suggestion(s) for a name for this app?
    TouchDial...ClickDial...Point2Dial...something simple and to the point lol
    01-01-09 03:59 AM
    Photo Dial, Speed dial, ect.

thanks for the app btw, updating now
    01-01-09 04:16 AM
    EasyDial. TouchDial. EasyCall. PhotoCall. PhotoContact. PicDial. Pic A Contact. Pic & Call. Pic up the phone...

If you pick one of my witty names, will I get a free copy of the first Beta?...
    01-01-09 06:41 AM
    My post included some suggestions from other's posts.
    01-01-09 06:44 AM
1,048 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD