Thank you kindly!
    12-31-08 12:15 AM
    Now if you can make a "berry-a-code" type area code finder app, you'll be the hero of the crackberry world.
    Excuse my ignorance, but a what?
    12-31-08 12:18 AM
    I guess you are entitled to some fun after such a busy day...
    I had the code, and it's a cute little useless app and I had no idea what else to do with it
    12-31-08 12:19 AM
    Can someone point me to the link for 0.0.45? I don't see it, and I would like to try this! Thanks in advance
    Sorry I usually link to it for each version... oops...
    12-31-08 12:19 AM
    Sorry I usually link to it for each version... oops...
    I thought I was just losing my mind, haha! This looks VERY promising! Even without pics,(yet) my wife likes the layout a lot better than the "stock" contact list. Great job!
    12-31-08 12:26 AM
    been following this thread on and off today. I dl 45 what i get is names in a font that runs together however the app works. What is it supposed to look like or am I running the correct thing at this point in time. BTW thanks for the effort here this has a ton of potential. I wish I had some talent in this area I would love to write apps.

Thanks

Abigfish
    12-31-08 12:28 AM
    wow... sexy!
    12-31-08 12:30 AM
    for people with multiple #'s when i click on them all i get is a single button that says... "call ..."
    12-31-08 12:31 AM
    stinking bloody hot here, I'm going out for a bit, will try to make a start on the sorting shortly.
    12-31-08 12:33 AM
    for people with multiple #'s when i click on them all i get is a single button that says... "call ..."
    When you lick on call or sms you will get an additional pop-up that will ask which number. Hope that helps.
    12-31-08 12:36 AM
    ohhh sweet! thanks didn't try cause i didn't wanna accidentally call him
    12-31-08 12:39 AM
    stinking bloody hot here, I'm going out for a bit, will try to make a start on the sorting shortly.
    Freezing my nads off here in detroit area. Nice app you got going on here. A suggestion is to keep the graphics simple perhaps no pictures in the final version but names in sya five rows across the landscape screen with letter indexing on the bottom of the screen for quick navigation. sorry if I repeated others here.
    12-31-08 12:42 AM
    Excuse my ignorance, but a what?
    It's a plug-in phone type application that displays the city and state of any incoming number that's not stored in your contacts. So next time you get an incoming phone call from a weird area code you won't say to yourself where the **** is this number calling from..
    12-31-08 12:48 AM
    Where are you going? You don't get a break. J/K, you are doing a very good job. Can't wait to see what's next.
    12-31-08 01:22 AM
    It was 40C here today, or 104F.... thankfully it's supposed drop over the next few days to about 25C on Saturday...
    12-31-08 03:30 AM
    It's a plug-in phone type application that displays the city and state of any incoming number that's not stored in your contacts. So next time you get an incoming phone call from a weird area code you won't say to yourself where the **** is this number calling from..
    Oh that all, I know where to get chunks of data like that for the US, Australia and the UK, couple of others too I think. However the current app doesn't do Phone Listener, although wouldn't be hard to make such an app but that's heading off on a tangent.

Not to mention the app only runs when manually triggered, and exits once something happens, which is what people asked for.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 12-31-08 at 03:35 AM.
    12-31-08 03:32 AM
    I've been following this app for a while now. Simply brilliant. So many possibilities with this one. I really like prioritize idea or at least to omit some of the *ugh um* least favorite contacts. such as my ex. Don't won't to drunk dial her face one day.
    12-31-08 03:45 AM
    I've been following this app for a while now. Simply brilliant. So many possibilities with this one. I really like prioritize idea or at least to omit some of the *ugh um* least favorite contacts. such as my ex. Don't won't to drunk dial her face one day.
    I didn't think about weighting numbers down, but wouldn't be any harder then giving numbers higher priorities etc.

This is on the todo list, well to raise, and now lower too!
    12-31-08 03:54 AM
    another idea would be to surround each contact with a frame, like an icon has
    kind of like iphones icon, each contact with a pic or not would have a box around it.

Also would be cool to be able to rename the contacts if they are too long

But this app is one of the reasons and only reasons i liked windows mobile, there was an app called newmenu, where you coudl create a link to specifically call or text someone.

its awesome, keep going man
    12-31-08 06:25 AM
    you could also add an mms link to each one, so you have the choice of call, text, email and mms
    12-31-08 06:29 AM
    Wow this just keeps getting better and better. I still havent had to reboot after an install.

I would really like to see an option for contacts with just pictures, to me that would make this program very usefull
    12-31-08 07:52 AM
    Let me bring up something that may cause a bit of a controversy... I remember another thread that degraded somewhat into name calling; so hopefully this isn't too sore a subject.

There's one thing I really like about PhoneFace, and that is that the program is smart enough *not* to offer me the option to SMS/Text a Home or Work number. Contrast this to the Storm's UI (and HitThatDial) that bring up the option to SMS a landline. Not only is that one extra step, it's also a possibility to hit the wrong button -- for something that you technically can't even do. (Yes, I know that's not 100% true, but in practicality it is correct.)

Tell me if I'm coming at this wrong, but is one of the goals of this program still to be a speed-dial/shortcut application? If so, then cutting out every last unneeded step/click/action increases the usability and decreases how long it takes to get things done. In my mind, when I click SMS, of course I want the mobile number. It seems unnecessary to be presented with other options.

I've read that some people use the Home/Work contact entries for second cell phones, and I guess I sympathize with where they are coming from. If nothing else (and I think I could make a convincing argument, hehe) perhaps down the road there can be settings to either allow the full range of possible contact options, or a "speed" or "light" interface that pairs it down to the essentials?
    Last edited by tnt118; 12-31-08 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Edit to add information
    12-31-08 08:14 AM
    I'm not seeing any FaceCall icon in any of my menus, do I need to do a soft reset?
    12-31-08 08:27 AM
    I am itching to give you $10 for the final version of this app. Great work.
    12-31-08 08:27 AM
    I am itching to give you $10 for the final version of this app. Great work.
    I agree... to the poster above this check the downloads folder.
    12-31-08 08:29 AM
1,048 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD