I tested hiding a folder the other day on my storm2. Once it was hidden the picture I hid was still visible under all pictures? Does anyone know why that is happening?
    04-21-10 03:36 AM
    Was the picture a little bit faded out? If so, hit BB-button and untick 'Show All'.
    04-21-10 03:41 AM
    No. It was just there. As if it was normal. I made a new folder and moved it into said folder. Then clicked hide on that folder. The folder was hidden but all the contents were still under the all pictures tab. Do I have to hide each individual picture? I just thought it was odd that the hide feature wouldn't hide an entire folder.
    04-21-10 03:43 AM
    I tried to create a new folder in the 'Picture Folders' tab, moved some photos in there and they were gone from the 'Picture Folders' tab and showed up in my test folder. But I could not hide anything, neither folder nor picture. Maybe you have to become a little more specific.
    Anyway, isn't the 'All Pictures' tab existing, just to show all of your pictures on your media card?
    04-21-10 05:28 AM
    No All pictures is what it says, "ALL", meaning every picture in any folder on BOTH your memory card and internal drive.

OP- I don't really understand how you are going about what ur doing. Where is the folder you are trying to hide. On the Main App Screen or in the picture folder? If so you are not "hiding" them like you think you are. That's just hiding the icon. If you were trying to hide anything inside the folder other than pictures it would work. The "media explorer", if you will, sees into any folders on your phone when all pictures is selected.

Solution- If you want to be able to hide pictures, plug ur phone into your computer(no necessary, but a lot easier). In windows explorer create a new folder somewhere in the phone, right next to pictures if you want, call it pictures2, it doesn't matter. Right click on that folder and make it "hidden". (you can pretty much do this on the phone too.) Any pictures you put in the folder will be hidden on your phone.

To view them on your phone, you must use File Explorer or BB Button in Media folder and click Explore. Once inside, navigate to where your hidden folder was created and BB Button and click show hidden. No need to re-hide the folder. Once you back out to the media folder it goes back into hiding and in turn you would need to BB Button and click show hidden to unhide it again.

You can also use file explorer just to hide individual pictures w/o creating a whole folder. Again tho, you'll need to use file explorer to go back in, unhide them, and view them.

This same process works for video but once a hidden video is played, it shows up in the main video playlist until a reboot is done.
    04-21-10 07:35 AM
    What I was doing was creating a new folder I named it "Stuff" then moved a picture into it. I then went into the properties of "stuff" and clicked hidden. Then under all photos the picture that was in the folder "stuff" was still visible. I just thought hiding a folder hid the icon and its contents. I discovered the only way to do that is go into the options and click exclude folder then choose "stuff"
    04-21-10 03:50 PM
    you can Explore File Scout, highlight the folder you want to hide, hit the Blackberry button and click on Details '(your folder name here)', then click "Is Hidden". Click it Close, then Close File Scout. When you go to all pic's, the file wont be there. You can do just a pic or vid if you don't want to hide the whole folder.
    06-21-10 10:20 PM
    If you dont like installing a program there are sertain ways to hide files.

If you have a folder you want to hide, you can change the name in to .zip and put the property's on hide. If you open a file within the folder the files wil show again unless you change the name of the folder to another name but still remain the .zip on the end.

Good luck
    06-23-10 05:17 PM
    sorry but are u trying to hide the folders and pictures?

click pictures icon>click bb menu>click option>scroll all the way down for "Exclude Folders"> check the folder your want to exclude from picture viewing.

that will hide some stuff... i hope thats what you want.
    06-23-10 05:38 PM
    you can Explore File Scout, highlight the folder you want to hide, hit the Blackberry button and click on Details '(your folder name here)', then click "Is Hidden". Click it Close, then Close File Scout. When you go to all pic's, the file wont be there. You can do just a pic or vid if you don't want to hide the whole folder.
    Way to revive a 2 month old thread...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD