Great site! I have a Vodafone 9500. The OS is v4.7.0.78 (Platform 4.00.98) is this the latest OS for my phone? I also downloaded "youtube" and it does not work. I keep getting a java error message. Thanks for any help and keep up the great work!
    02-20-09 06:33 AM
    4.7.0.78 is the latest official release. 4.7.0.106 is the latest OS to leak so far, have a look in the OS subforum...

I don't use YouTube, so can't be any help there, unfortunately.
    02-20-09 07:18 AM
    4.7.0.78 is the latest official release. 4.7.0.106 is the latest OS to leak so far, have a look in the OS subforum...

I don't use YouTube, so can't be any help there, unfortunately.
    Thanks! Sucks that the youtube does'nt work. Any harm in trying the leaked OS you mentioned?
    02-20-09 07:29 AM
    I have had a hit/miss experience with Youtube.

Tried all the official and leaked releases with varied results however I have a 9500 on .106 (leaked) OS and youtube works.

On vodafone in UK with 3G showing.
    02-20-09 07:31 AM
    Might be worth sniffing around the OS subforum first, there's a thread there dedicated to the 9500 .106 build. Ultimately it's your decision - personally I decided to stick with the official .78, there just seem to be too many uncertainties about the leaks. Oh, and Vodafone won't support anything other than their official release either, so be warned!
    02-20-09 07:35 AM
    I have had a hit/miss experience with Youtube.

Tried all the official and leaked releases with varied results however I have a 9500 on .106 (leaked) OS and youtube works.

On vodafone in UK with 3G showing.
    How do I get the .106 OS into my phone?
    02-20-09 07:37 AM
    Might be worth sniffing around the OS subforum first, there's a thread there dedicated to the 9500 .106 build. Ultimately it's your decision - personally I decided to stick with the official .78, there just seem to be too many uncertainties about the leaks. Oh, and Vodafone won't support anything other than their official release either, so be warned!
    Thanks for all the help! Again nice folks on a great site!
    02-20-09 07:38 AM
    Search crack berry for 4.7.0.106 and the result should take you to the download thread.
    Download to your PC, once downloaded install onto PC (you need BB desktop manager installed also) once done, plug in phone and desktop manager will notice you have an older version on your phone and suggest you update, go with the flow, (there are plenty off detailed How to's on this site)

It is all reversible if it is not for you.

But if you have an offical release on your phone then youtube should work so I would take it to a 3G signal area and test then go to Vodafone shop and ask them to explain.
    Last edited by hoofingbloke; 02-20-09 at 07:45 AM.
    02-20-09 07:42 AM
    For a rather more long-winded explanation, see this thread
    02-20-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD