The wife is bitchign about me gettign her the storm. I'm still under contract with tmobile and if i leave i will have to pay $600 for three phone for early termination fee. however if i stay with them until Nov i will be paying the same amount regardless. Just wondering if i should get the storm 1 or wait for the 2. Right now I can get two storms for like under $40 each with new contract with letstalk but not sure if storm 2 would work better than storm 1 and i should wait. seems like 2 will be thinner and a little slicker
    05-22-09 02:44 PM
    Estimated "Maybe" time of release is anywhere from June - September. The question isn't should you wait, its how long are you willing to wait?
    05-22-09 02:47 PM
    The wife is bitchign about me gettign her the storm. I'm still under contract with tmobile and if i leave i will have to pay $600 for three phone for early termination fee. however if i stay with them until Nov i will be paying the same amount regardless. Just wondering if i should get the storm 1 or wait for the 2. Right now I can get two storms for like under $40 each with new contract with letstalk but not sure if storm 2 would work better than storm 1 and i should wait. seems like 2 will be thinner and a little slicker
    The major difference will be the surepress vs the new true press and Storm 2 is rumored to have wifi if that is important to you. Storm 1 has a screen that acts as 1 big button and physically clicks. Storm 2 for what we know will be a touchscreen. Knowing "my" wife, I would wait until both are available and let her pick the interface she likes the best. Some people like me love the click screen on Storm 1 and some hate it.

My personal opinion, I would not pay $600 to get out of a contract. Add to that the cost of activating on VZW and this becomes a pretty expensive upgrade. BUT I also know if the wife is not happy, no one is happy
    05-22-09 03:03 PM
    What, did you just renew your TMO contract again? If not, the ETF should be pro-rated. Maybe you can sell your devices to cover most of the ETF. You can probably get over 300 for your 8900 if you unlock it and if it's still in very good condition.

Having said that, I would wait at least another couple months to see any more news about the next version of Storm.
    05-22-09 03:04 PM
    well i fell under the old contract before they started the pro rated crap which i told them to kiss my @ss. Anyways, i wouldn't have to pay for activation fee because of the verizon memorial weekend fee waivers. on top of that with lets talk i would get two storms under $40 a piece so therefore its not like i'm throwing money into it. the Tmobile to release three phones is $600 but if you calculate me sticking to them for 6 more months until contract is over at $109 a month its comes to overe that anyway. The phone design does look a bit different but not worried about wifi for if you have internet then why would it matter
    05-22-09 03:12 PM
    not a good idea?
    05-22-09 04:18 PM
    Regardless, wait and get the Storm 2. Most things should be improved over Storm 1, and cost the same price as the Storm currently does. This is speculation of course.
    05-22-09 04:29 PM
    wait for the Storm2 it will be a MUCH better device than the 1st iteration.

If the wife wants the Storm so bad tell her to get it herself : )

If she gives you any grief put her on here I'll straighten her out for you.

Women.........
    05-22-09 06:54 PM
    how can you tell it will be a better device when you havnt see or touch the storm 2 your self & rim hasnt lauch the official specs yet?
    05-22-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD