Hi guys,

Could anyone help me with the following issues i have with the BB Storm.

Only just purchased yesterday, second hand, but like new...so just getting the hang of it..
    i think i have found my thumb is not made for press screens too

BBM messenger

i have had one request to be a friend, yet this is showing no where in my contacts etc, how do i go about accepting requests that i can not even see?

Desktop

I have an icon on my desktop, underneath the date which is the number 2 beside an orange sphere, any ideas what this is?

Social Networking

is it possible to connect my facebook friends to my contacts list on my BB ?

Thanks guys, no doubt there will be more questions to come.

01-10-11 03:47 AM
    For BBM messenger, you have to be on BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). You'll have to purchase a Blackberry data plan from your carrier in order to use BBM, the web etc. The cost is variable, it should be detailed on your carrier's website.

No idea about the second question, sorry.

For FB, yes it is possible to link an addressbook entry to FB. It does it automatically if your friends have configured FB to show their phone number or e-mail address. If you want to link them manually you can go into the fb app, friends tab, select the fb contact, press the bb menu button and select "connect to bb contact". If the option isn't there, you'll need to upgrade your version of facebook (you can do that via bb app world or using the upgrade function within the fb app).
    01-10-11 05:51 AM
    Hi guys,

Could anyone help me with the following issues i have with the BB Storm.

Only just purchased yesterday, second hand, but like new...so just getting the hang of it..
    i think i have found my thumb is not made for press screens too

BBM messenger

i have had one request to be a friend, yet this is showing no where in my contacts etc, how do i go about accepting requests that i can not even see?

Desktop

I have an icon on my desktop, underneath the date which is the number 2 beside an orange sphere, any ideas what this is?

Social Networking

is it possible to connect my facebook friends to my contacts list on my BB ?

Thanks guys, no doubt there will be more questions to come.

let's assume you have BIS, considering you got 2 web notifications and an actual request from a BBM contact.

Your BBM contact list is separate from your blackberry contact list or address book. And while there is a way to associate the two, let's not talk about that just yet.

all you need to do is go into BBM. the easiest way to do that is to press and hold the BB button, which is the button next to the green phone button. You should see a row of icons indicated programs that are running. Click on the one that looks like a chat bubble that has a BB logo in the middle of it. That represents BBM. when you click on that, you will be taken to the BBM application.

Within the application, you will see a series of collapsable lists (notice the + and - signs if you don't know what I'm talking about). You will see contacts, you may see pending, eventually, you will see conversations, and you may also see groups. Expend those to see your contacts. You might have your friend under pending right now, as you would have to accept his request. After that he will be movied into contacts where you can initiate a chat from there.

This is not a very detailed explanation of how to do everything in BBM, but it should get you chatting with your friend.

I also recommend the BlackBerry 101 threads. you will learn lots here.

Cheers and good luck.
    01-11-11 03:56 PM
    As to the orb icon. Open the message folder > menu > view folder then look for an unread message or notification. Sounds like a browser message or app update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD