First off all i would like to say that i already searched google and these forums , but nothing fitted exactly what i was looking for . If there is something i didnt find please link me

So for starters ,
    1) when i run my diagnostic test its all ok apart from the

Connected to (my mail) : NO!

it does send to my mail a mail for ping test , i do recieve on my blackberry most of the mails that are being sent to me ( sometimes it takes one day )
    BUT then why does it report NOT CONNECTED??

Secondly ,
    2) i like auto correction a lot , it helps me type faster , as i am not good at touch screen typing BUT i have this problem when i type an article (at my language ) and press space it gives me something like this

lets say
    i type "the "
    pressing space it gives me

the capital (capital )

or something , cant i deactivate this irrelevant thing ?

Furthermore
    3) i cant uninstall twitter aplication -.- i cant even find it at the desktop manager applications section!

Also ,
    4) i wanted to install rimario and it is a dll and a .ali file
    My desktop manager wont accept .ali file as an application file to import

5)
    I would also like to know if there is an application for longest battery life that actually works and you would recomend it ( i already minimized my icons to 8 and take care of my aplication free memory regurarly but i live in a place with low network so that kills my battery , but i cant turn radio off , coz this happens everywhere , including my house)

6)i have storm 9500 os 5 and platform 4.2 ( is that officialy upgradable ? i mean its firmware )

and a little detail ,
    7) i keep it on the case that came with the phone

Is it normal that every time i take it off the case , my bb unlocks ?

thank you for every answer you might give me ,

thanks in advance for your patience
    06-06-11 11:06 AM
    lol dudes 89 views , and no one could answer at least one of my questions ?

props mates
    06-08-11 05:15 AM
    up!

maybe i can find someone willing to post a reply and help me out ...

or not

06-15-11 06:03 PM
    this is a very helpfull forum

great job
    06-17-11 09:47 AM
    2) i like auto correction a lot , it helps me type faster , as i am not good at touch screen typing BUT i have this problem when i type an article (at my language ) and press space it gives me something like this

lets say
    i type "the "
    pressing space it gives me

the capital (capital )

or something , cant i deactivate this irrelevant thing ?
    Do you have 'your language' installed ? Also, you could just ignore the suggestion and continue to type...
    To my (little) knowledge, you can not prioritize the suggested word.

3) i cant uninstall twitter aplication -.- i cant even find it at the desktop manager applications section!
    Some applicatiom are just placeholde to download the 'real' apps. These are pushed to your phone, are not liste in the desktop manager or the application list on the device. If you delete the service book, it will be pushed again.
    Anyway, these take little memory space and you can just hide it if you do not want to see it.
    Can you start that application ?

4) i wanted to install rimario and it is a dll and a .ali file
    My desktop manager wont accept .ali file as an application file to import
    I have no idea what rimmario is, but I know that a DLL file is not for the JAVA based blackberry .

after spending 10 seconds searching
    RimMario 0.0.3.1 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:
    RimMario_0.0.3.1.zip (33 KB, ↓ 4630)

Description/changelog of RimMario 0.0.3.1:
    - Faster Speed,
    - Sound Options,
    - More levels,
    - Better graphics,
    - BlackBerry 950 support and more. ( that is 950 not 9500 )

Requirements: Only works with old C++ BlackBerries, and doesn't work with the new Java ones.

So this will not work on your 9500 Period!
    5)
    I would also like to know if there is an application for longest battery life that actually works and you would recomend it ( i already minimized my icons to 8 and take care of my aplication free memory regurarly but i live in a place with low network so that kills my battery , but i cant turn radio off , coz this happens everywhere , including my house)
    I do not believe that one application can increase your battery life... quit dreaming about that one

6)i have storm 9500 os 5 and platform 4.2 ( is that officialy upgradable ? i mean its firmware )
    Well .. what do you mean by officialy ? If you mean a version tested by your carrier .. go see on your carrier web site.
    They are leaked version that you can find on the internet, but the 9500 will never run something better than 5.0.x.x Now the REAL question is what version do YOU have.. we know it starts with 5 .. but what are the other numbers !

It is not easy to answer your question with more details when you do not provide the basic information.
    Last edited by Briard; 06-17-11 at 01:57 PM.
    06-17-11 01:46 PM
    Do you have 'your language' installed ? Also, you could just ignore the suggestion and continue to type...

Some applicatiom are just placeholde to download the 'real' apps. These are pushed to your phone, are not liste in the desktop manager or the application list on the device. If you delete the service book, it will be pushed again.
    Anyway, these take little memory space and you can just hide it if you do not want to see it.

I have no idea what rimmario is, but I know that a DLL file is not for the blackberry.

RimMario 0.0.3.1 seem to be the latest available version. Below you can find file(s) assigned to this version:

- Faster Speed,
    - Sound Options,
    - More levels,
    - Better graphics,

Requirements: Only works with old C++ BlackBerries, and doesn't work with the new Java ones.

I do not believe that one application can increase your battery life...

Well .. what do you mean by officaly ? If you mean a version tested by your carrier .. go see on your carrier web site.
    They are leaked version that you can find on the internet, but the 9500 will never run something better than 5.0.x.x now the REAL question is what veriosn do YOU have.. we know it starts with 5 .. but what are the other numbers !
    Thans for the answer , first of all!

I have my language installed but i cant ignore it , it doesnt show it to me as a suggestion at all!

second i know its old but old applications will play for my but with the keyboard always shown , but thanks for that , too i searched for rimmario much longer than 10 seconds and didnt find that

Lastly , my carrier is that one marked over the phone or the company who i have its sim card on the phone ? its different in my case

also thanks for the rest of the answers , i will check those other numbers , too
    06-17-11 02:04 PM
    Go to 'options' Language and text input
    and check that your language is installed. If you have multiple language installed, depending of the keyboard you use, you will have a symbol that looks like a small globe that allow you to change the active language.
    If that symbol is not there, you can press the menu button when the keyboard is displayed and 'switch input language'

For the version number, go to options / about
    06-17-11 02:25 PM

Can you start that application ?

I have no idea what rimmario is, but I know that a DLL file is not for the JAVA based blackberry .

- Faster Speed,
    - Sound Options,
    - More levels,
    - Better graphics,

So this will not work on your 9500 Period!

I do not believe that one application can increase your battery life... quit dreaming about that one

Well .. what do you mean by officialy ? If you mean a version tested by your carrier .. go see on your carrier web site.
    They are leaked version that you can find on the internet, but the 9500 will never run something better than 5.0.x.x Now the REAL question is what version do YOU have.. we know it starts with 5 .. but what are the other numbers !

It is not easy to answer your question with more details when you do not provide the basic information.
    Go to 'options' Language and text input
    and check that your language is installed. If you have multiple language installed, depending of the keyboard you use, you will have a symbol that looks like a small globe that allow you to change the active language.
    If that symbol is not there, you can press the menu button when the keyboard is displayed and 'switch input language'

For the version number, go to options / about
    but i CAN use my language , the problem is that the autocorrection gives me that stupid thing i dont want!
    06-17-11 02:27 PM
    Also, you carrier is the company you are paying to use the device !

and take a look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/la...1005-a-573752/
    06-17-11 02:34 PM
    but i CAN use my language , the problem is that the autocorrection gives me that stupid thing i dont want!
    and

I have my language installed but i cant ignore it , it doesnt show it to me as a suggestion at all!
    Of course, I understand that english is not your primary language, and it isn't mine either. What is 'your language' by the way? greek ? So, if you need help, try to be as clear as possible, so we can try to guess what you are trying to explain.

Did you try to change the settings under options / 'language and text input' / show text input options ?
    06-17-11 02:44 PM
    and

Of course, I understand that english is not your primary language, and it isn't mine either. What is 'your language' by the way? greek ? So, if you need help, try to be as clear as possible, so we can try to guess what you are trying to explain.

Did you try to change the settings under options / 'language and text input' / show text input options ?
    its greek. I already tried those options , of course!

but it keeps doing it , unless i tottaly disactivate the whole thing ( and maybe not even then , if i remember correctly)

its like i type " the" , no suggestions shown then after space
    "the ( the capital )capital"

i press the male article ( ye we have one ) and press space and it types me
    "the weather"

what the f@ck

i dont know what else to explain , i guess it happens in other languages too !
    06-17-11 02:55 PM
    by the way how did u guess it was greek ?
    06-17-11 03:00 PM
    by the way how did u guess it was greek ?
    Oh, that part was easy ... If i am not wrong Orestes was the name of the son of Agamemnon king of Mycenae
    and Wikipedia reminded me that
    Orestis (Ancient Greek: Ὀρεστίς from the term orestias meaning "mountainous") was a region of Upper Macedonia, corresponding roughly to the modern Kastoria Prefecture, West Macedonia, Greece

Last edited by Briard; 06-17-11 at 03:13 PM.
    06-17-11 03:10 PM
    Oh, that part was easy ... If i am not wrong Orestis was the name of the son of Agamemnon king of Mycenae
    WoW , now i am impressed!

Truth is i forgot i subscribed with my realname , usually i use an international nickname , but all that mythology knowledge! Well done m8!!
    06-17-11 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD