Long story short my Storm got hosed: white screen, said "reload software 507." I tried installing the DM in Parallels and re-installing the OS. Wouldnt work. Had to borrow a friend Windows laptop, install DM in it, and then re-install the OS.

There are plenty of BB users out there that are also Mac users. Give us a ******* DM like everyone else.
    02-01-09 07:04 PM
    as much as i agree with you because i have a mac. this might want to be moved to the rants and raves section
    02-01-09 07:20 PM
    Try Fusion.........I have no problems running the DM with it
    02-01-09 07:50 PM
    If you have a Mac, use an iPhone. Does it surprise you that RIM hasn't writen a DM for their competition!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 08:48 PM
    If you have a Mac, use an iPhone. Does it surprise you that RIM hasn't writen a DM for their competition!

Thats a really short sighted response particularly when the iphone is not available for verizon users and the blackberry is a tool not a toy.

I use VMware Fusion and it works alot better than parallels.
    02-01-09 08:51 PM

I have a Mac and still chose a Blackberry. That thinking just doesn't fly.
    02-01-09 09:05 PM
    THANK YOU! RIM needs to step up and not completly hate apple... and make something for us mac people... even though i have VMWare.. lol.
    02-01-09 10:00 PM
    I have a Mac and still chose a Blackberry. That thinking just doesn't fly.

+1 . . .

I think it would be in RIMs best interest to make it VERY easy for Mac users, as to discourage buying the competition.
    02-01-09 10:03 PM
    Get VMWare and install windows xp.. runs flawlessly, don't waste your time with Parallels and crossover, both failed to deliver...
    02-01-09 10:12 PM

+ 1 for the disagree. IMO I love my mac, but DEFINITELY would choose my Storm over the Iphone. Don't get me wrong, I wanted one just as much as the next guy, but why switch services when wherever I travel, Verizon is always top notch? And I've been blessed with the performance of my storm.
    02-01-09 10:54 PM
    I am a mac user as well and I am not loyal to any brand. I am loyal to the superior product. Mac has big enough of a market share for RIM to make their product compatible.

02-01-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD