ok folks i am sure some of you guys have done this not sure but a fellow member here has a storm on Altell and needs a warrenty replacment how did all you guys handel it
    06-02-09 11:11 PM
    I brought it to the store and told them all of the problems?
    06-02-09 11:12 PM
    sorry did not post all the facts 1 was given to him 2 not a vzw customer
    06-02-09 11:14 PM
    does he have insurance on the phone? if he does he could file a claim, if not he may be SOL... can you get the Storm for Alltel or is it an unlocked device?
    06-02-09 11:19 PM
    I would try contacting RIM, but we all know how impossible that is.
    06-02-09 11:19 PM
    Well, if it's NOT stolen...tell him to get the receipt from whoever gave it to him......otherwise he is SOL...
    06-02-09 11:20 PM
    VZW and Alltel are one in the same... If VZW cust svc over the phone wont help u out, try Alltel cust svc over the phone. Explain to them the condition of the phone, and the fact that it is less than a yr old. Was it activated prior on VZW? that might have a play in getting an exchange as well
    06-02-09 11:22 PM
    VZW and Alltel are one in the same... If VZW cust svc over the phone wont help u out, try Alltel cust svc over the phone. Explain to them the condition of the phone, and the fact that it is less than a yr old. Was it activated prior on VZW? that might have a play in getting an exchange as well
    thats what i said lol just making sure and he is in a non divisted. i told him to wait till the end of the month the last i heard all should been done with the altell crap
    06-02-09 11:38 PM
    Personally, I say wait until the billing system is all moved over. Then the call centers will have a little more room to work with your situation.

Otherwise, the store is your only option.

Most care/tech reps should be willing to work with you as long as we can find where the ESN initially came from. If everything looks legit, somebody should be able to handle it for you. At the very worst, once the billing system is carried over, you may have to pay $50 for an out-of-warranty replacement, but as I said, that's at the very worst.

Be prepared, that once everything carries over, we'll probably make you reinstall the software and reset the settings to VZW specifications.
    06-03-09 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD