well im new here, but not new to blackberrys. this however is the first touch screen ive owned.
    i will be getting my 3rd replacment since the release date.

my first one rarely worked so i got a new one with the .75 os.

my second one half the screen didnt click (buisness card behind thae battery only worked so long), so since my new one will be here in 2 days and ive pretty much had it with this phone, with the freezing and battery pulls and such, im thinking about doing the .99 os on this one try it for a few days and see how i like it before i do it to the new one.

now i know there is lots of install posts, and ill first off start by saying im good with electronics but dumb with directions....if that makes any sence.

how would i do the upgrade and whats the best way to go about it from scratch basiclly.

i saw the mega upload thing. But do i need to sign up? or pay a monthly fee?

thank you guys in advance. i respect all of your advice on here im a long time reader of this site
    02-09-09 12:40 PM
    You don't need a subscription to download from the Mega site - it just makes you sit there a minute (and read their advertisements) before the download link comes active.

Get the JL_Cmdr (sp?) app too - that's a great too. It'll be easy to find with a search.

Good Luck! I'm on Storm #3 and it's working well after the Torx tweak.
    02-09-09 12:50 PM
    whats the torx tweak?

and once i download it do i save?
    also how do i go about getting it on my phone,and how long does it take?
    02-09-09 03:39 PM
    Save it to your desktop.

Follow the steps here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

Should take about 20-30 min.
    02-09-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD