Mine says D1A which wasnt listed here: C2A, D2A, E2A, F2A, G2A, H2A, I2A, J2A, K2A, L2A, M2A and N2A.

from the posting: Carriers Getting New Screen Improved BlackBerry Storm2 - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

BUT I DO HAVE A GREEN DOT on the packaging it came in -- so I'm good right?

(Came from Fort Worth, TX)
    WoW I don't know. Who knows if these phone sites posted all the codes correctly. You should be able to tell just by clicking the screen. Its a much lighter effort and less spongy feeling. To be safe call Verizon tech support. They can help or ask them for the RIM 800# they will say you have to pay for there services but its not true the call will go through without paying. Hopefully thay can verify it for you.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-09-10 at 11:44 AM.
    03-09-10 11:38 AM
    yup, i will. i'm stuck here waiting, as they want a signature for the delivery.
    You don't have to be there. An indirect signature is needed. I always leave a note on my door saying to leave package on doorstep and then sign it. I even do this when I am home waiting for it, as I might not be able to get to the door.
    03-09-10 11:44 AM
    You don't have to be there. An indirect signature is needed. I always leave a note on my door saying to leave package on doorstep and then sign it. I even do this when I am home waiting for it, as I might not be able to get to the door.
    i know that may work, but not knowing how the driver will handle it, I'm gonna just stick around. i'm retired, so it's no biggie.
    03-09-10 11:46 AM
    BBLeaks is now saying..

-its the green dot AND/OR the date
    "so the date could be wrong but the green dot means its good & vice versa"
    03-09-10 11:53 AM
    Am I correct that Verizon is shipping new units with the updated screen enhancements also with a new 5.0 OS?

Lately the longer I leave my phone on, before a battery pull which is not common... the bottom button get increasingly sluggish to depress. I might call CS and have them send me a replacement, just hope they send the updated model
    03-09-10 11:54 AM
    BBLeaks is now saying..

-its the green dot AND/OR the date
    "so the date could be wrong but the green dot means its good & vice versa"
    that seems kinda flaky, huh? RIM should be able to better identify the improved units, IMO.
    03-09-10 11:55 AM
    Mine works flawlessly--I'm not changing.

While I'm glad to see RIM taking action and making modifications to the design to improve "flaws" that were present, I don't see any reason why everyone needs to rush to the VZW store and demand a new unit, especially if the one they have is working properly. I understand the mentality a bit, but as other folks have eluded to, this type of behavior (sending units back constantly, demanding hardware replacements), only makes price increases more likely in the future and decreases the likely-hood of RIM continuing to invest R&D money into the Storm line, and just scrapping it altogether.

Having said that, if your unit isn't working, then by all means get it taken care of, I'm just speaking out about folks who feel like their "entitled" to some sort of special treatment, or just swapping out units for the sake of swapping out.

/end rant.
    03-09-10 12:03 PM

While I'm glad to see RIM taking action and making modifications to the design to improve "flaws" that were present, I don't see any reason why everyone needs to rush to the VZW store and demand a new unit, especially if the one they have is working properly. I understand the mentality a bit, but as other folks have eluded to, this type of behavior (sending units back constantly, demanding hardware replacements), only makes price increases more likely in the future and decreases the likely-hood of RIM continuing to invest R&D money into the Storm line, and just scrapping it altogether.

Having said that, if your unit isn't working, then by all means get it taken care of, I'm just speaking out about folks who feel like their "entitled" to some sort of special treatment, or just swapping out units for the sake of swapping out.

/end rant.

there's nothing "entitling" about asking for a replacement unit that is under warranty. nor is it "special treatment".

special treatment would need to include, at the very least, an unreasonable demand for a replacement to be sent via overnight delivery and a $100 credit on your bill for "pain and suffering".
    03-09-10 12:07 PM
    there's nothing "entitling" about asking for a replacement unit that is under warranty. nor is it "special treatment".
    It is if there's nothing wrong with the device you have, otherwise I agree with you 100%.
    03-09-10 12:07 PM

/end rant.
    The way I see it exchanging the units sends a very clear message to RIM. If RIM is not capable of making a phone that works properly then they should scrap it and get out of the business. Trust me on this, RIM just didn't spend good money reworking the Storm2 for no reason.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-09-10 at 12:36 PM.
    03-09-10 12:08 PM
    It is if there's nothing wrong with the device you have, otherwise I agree with you 100%.
    if u play by the rules, I see nothing wrong with asking for a replacement. it's up to verizon to agree or disagree. if they agree, that is their choice. therefore, I don't see how asking rises to the level of "special treatment" or "entitlement". To me, entitlement connotates something not deserved, or expecting special treatment because one is ( or perceives one is) a member of a particular class.
    03-09-10 12:12 PM
    First of all the phone is brand new and not a referb. It comes in a service box with a back cover and new SIM thats all. The date on mine under the battery door is 240210 So I guess that means Feb 24th 2010. here are some pictures. Note the green dot on box flap.
    I just realized something.... your unit in the picture doesn't have the extra tab that reaches over the battery contacts to help hold the battery down.. or is that just the angle of the picture?
    03-09-10 12:36 PM
    I just realized something.... your unit in the picture doesn't have the extra tab that reaches over the battery contacts to help hold the battery down.. or is that just the angle of the picture?
    Isn't that strange, you are correct, and no its not broken off. My old one has the tab as does my Storm 1. It may also mean that there is a new version of the battery, hence the removal of the tab maybe slightly thicker with better power.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-09-10 at 12:58 PM.
    03-09-10 12:42 PM
    Mine arrived from Ft. Worth TX, I'll send an update when I get home from work to get it.
    03-09-10 12:56 PM
    Mine arrived from Ft. Worth TX, I'll send an update when I get home from work to get it.

I keep peering out the front window beside where I sit at my PC, to see if a white truck comes into view.
    03-09-10 12:59 PM
    OK here's the deal forget dates and dots for now, I just got my replacement (refurb)and the date is 01142010, but it has the green dot. Nevertheless the screen clicks as if its going into a double click, but not really clicking twice (meaning its just that fast). Now rather or not it has the new stuff in it, it clicks, and i mean clicks fast as H---
    03-09-10 01:03 PM
    Isn't that strange, you are correct, and no its not broken off. My old one has the tab as does my Storm 1. It may also mean that there is a new version of the battery, hence the removal of the tab maybe slightly thicker with better power.
    OR that is an old frame... remember when the S2 was first released, there was a thread about that... some had it, some didn't... I think it was determined that the "newer" builds had it...

Or was that the Storm1??

I gotta search for the thread now..
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 03-09-10 at 01:23 PM.
    03-09-10 01:18 PM
    Got mine, it didn't have the new date code. It came in a white box but had a green dot. It didn't come with a replacement battery door (I could care less about that), but we'll see. I had a friend open it up for me since I'm at work.
    03-09-10 01:35 PM
    Ok time to vent to my fellow crackberry members. So I go into the Verizon store and explain I have had issues with button sticking and multi clicks ever since November when I got it. The "manager" explains to me its a surepress screen and isn't going to work if its on a desk or table. Then being the well informed crackberry user I pull out the printout of the origional artile and he says he hasn't heard and can imagine it to be true. Well after some back and forth I have a new (hopefully updated hardware) storm 2 on its way to my house. I don't know how someone so ignorant can be manager of a phone store? Really makes ya wonder sometime... Every Verizon store should require their employees to check crackberry every morning lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 01:36 PM
    OK here's the deal forget dates and dots for now, I just got my replacement (refurb)and the date is 01142010, but it has the green dot. Nevertheless the screen clicks as if its going into a double click, but not really clicking twice (meaning its just that fast). Now rather or not it has the new stuff in it, it clicks, and i mean clicks fast as H---
    It's not a revised unit. Remember, the revised units started being manufactured from 2/10/2010. For the first 12 days, the C2A - N2A date codes were used. Beginning on the 22nd, the date codes were the full date, 220210. Therefore, anything before that is NOT revised.
    03-09-10 01:45 PM
    Every Verizon store should require their employees to check crackberry every morning lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed! However they would probably still play ignorant.
    03-09-10 01:48 PM
    Got mine yesterday, I was having a sticky call button, and BB button. I got mine replaced without a problem. I just showed the manager a printout and he asked me if VZW or RIM emailed that to me, and I said no. In any case, the screen works flawlessly, I can definitely tell a difference. Just put .451 on it and it made it even better.
    03-09-10 01:50 PM
    that seems kinda flaky, huh? RIM should be able to better identify the improved units, IMO.
    Yeah.. it should be just one set crystal clear sign
    03-09-10 01:59 PM
    Ok, don't flame me for this or shoot the messanger. I explained this problem to our IT dept who spoke not to Verizon, but to a RIM rep. The green dot and or date is specific for some devices, not all that have been either "tweaked" or fixed with hardware. In reference to the date, yes some have been refurbed/repaired before leaving the manufacturer for shipment or sent back from a store when a series of bar codes have been "flagged; (their words), but device dates prior to the February date may have already been fitted w/hardware. The green dot may also indictate that the device may have only been tested for flaws and not recieved an improvement. As I said earlier, I don't think the green dot means anything bcause the box I recieved back in November-Jan had a green dot on the shipping box.
    03-09-10 02:05 PM
    It's not a revised unit. Remember, the revised units started being manufactured from 2/10/2010. For the first 12 days, the C2A - N2A date codes were used. Beginning on the 22nd, the date codes were the full date, 220210. Therefore, anything before that is NOT revised.
    That's what I thought, so guess what its going back for another one until something gives
    03-09-10 02:05 PM
960 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD