That is exactly what I am seeing right now but the phone has only been in service about 12 hours so I will see what if anything more is wrong with it. If the is the only thing that is wrong with it, the slightly raised screen in the upper right corner, I will probably keep it but I may check out the new shipment once they get in the local store. After all, I paid for the phone plus they charged me $50 for the replacement so I think I should get the best possible phone I can for my money but this may be the best that I can get. When it comes to Blackberries, it seems settling is the norm.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You had a problem with your Storm 2. You contacted CS and they agreed to send you a replacement. The replacement arrives and the device works as advertised, no problems. Screen is slick, smooth, buttons work, etc. But, when you examine the screen closely, you see that in the upper corner, the screen is "slightly above the phone frame."

I really don't see what the problem is. Unless that screen is dramatically above the bezel, there really is no issue. Stop reading these threads, too many people are absolutely anal about minutia that is totally irrelevant.
    03-16-10 07:26 AM
    .... After all, I paid for the phone plus they charged me $50 for the replacement so I think I should get the best possible phone I can for my money but this may be the best that I can get....
    $50 for the replacement?

Was it a warranty replacement? or replacement via insurance?
    03-16-10 07:54 AM
    Got my forth replacement today....date is 102609. Not really that happy right now.
    03-16-10 08:16 AM
    Got my forth replacement today....date is 102609. Not really that happy right now.
    Does this device not work??

Or are you just unhappy because its not meeting the traits which are said to identify the "new" screen?

btw, has anyone taken the "new" devices apart to compare there really is something different? Does anyone plan to?
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 03-16-10 at 08:21 AM.
    03-16-10 08:17 AM
    Let me see if I understand this correctly. You had a problem with your Storm 2. You contacted CS and they agreed to send you a replacement. The replacement arrives and the device works as advertised, no problems. Screen is slick, smooth, buttons work, etc. But, when you examine the screen closely, you see that in the upper corner, the screen is "slightly above the phone frame."

I really don't see what the problem is. Unless that screen is dramatically above the bezel, there really is no issue. Stop reading these threads, too many people are absolutely anal about minutia that is totally irrelevant.
    I agree. Are they using special equipment to the phone to see if 1 side is 1mm off compared to the other side. I am as anal about a phone as the next person, but some may take it a bit too far.
    03-16-10 08:47 AM
    I bought the Phone off somebody else as I did not want to use up my upgrade for the Storm2 as I did not know if I was going to like it. Apparently, RIM or Verizon does not warranty 2nd owner even though phone about 3 months old. I had to drop my insurance off too as they will not warranty any phones bought off friends and such!
    $50 for the replacement?

Was it a warranty replacement? or replacement via insurance?
    03-16-10 09:14 AM
    FedEx 2 day Air? My phone was ordered on Sunday, It was shipped yesterday and now Fedex is showing delivery on Wednesday?
    03-16-10 09:32 AM
    FedEx 2 day Air? My phone was ordered on Sunday, It was shipped yesterday and now Fedex is showing delivery on Wednesday?
    Pretty sure they don't work sundays, hence the reason it didn't leave till monday.
    03-16-10 09:37 AM
    I keep returning the devices because they work worse that my original. And my original didn't work all that well. now they just sent me three tracking numbers that show the device is in the mail....does that mean they just sent me three phones or is there a mistake somewhere?
    03-16-10 11:40 AM
    I keep returning the devices because they work worse that my original. And my original didn't work all that well. now they just sent me three tracking numbers that show the device is in the mail....does that mean they just sent me three phones or is there a mistake somewhere?

LOL Well yea. If its 3 different tracking numbers it sure sounds like 3 handsets to me
    03-16-10 12:44 PM
    LOL!! COOL! Definitely keep us posted on that one. Three different tracking numbers means three different shipments. Hey, you'll have a choice! Now, if all THREE are some date other than the ones with the improvements, THAT will be the highlight of this thread!

On the other hand, they may well have sent the phone case in one box, the screen in another box and instructions on "some assembly required" in the last one!

03-16-10 12:49 PM
    If you like that, then you'll love this...I just got a forth tracking number via text message from VZW. I just want one that works.
    03-16-10 01:04 PM
    Just go my replacement - green dot on box, date code is 02032010. Verizon tech said the green dot verifys this is the new fix.
    03-16-10 01:54 PM
    Just got my replacement 2 minutes ago.. Outside box date was wacked so i wont use that (It said 03162010) .. Inside battery cover it reads, 060310..
    03-16-10 01:57 PM
    Hmm...just got mine and there is a green dot but the date is 1/27/10...any input, guys?
    03-16-10 01:59 PM
    Just go my replacement - green dot on box, date code is 02032010. Verizon tech said the green dot verifys this is the new fix.
    Do you see/feel a difference?
    03-16-10 01:59 PM
    No, three digit date code? There seems to be some discrepancy on the date vs. 3 digit date code thing. There are possibly original dates on the device itself..when it was manufactured. My replacement had a date on the brown box itself, that said "SUPPLIER RIM: ....." followed by a more recent date of 25/02/2010. Then, inside the device, under the battery, was the L2A three digit date code. Forget the green dot, seems many got boxes with green dots, but older dates.

Hmm...just got mine and there is a green dot but the date is 1/27/10...any input, guys?
    03-16-10 02:04 PM
    No, three digit date code? There seems to be some discrepancy on the date vs. 3 digit date code thing. There are possibly original dates on the device itself..when it was manufactured. My replacement had a date on the brown box itself, that said "SUPPLIER RIM: ....." followed by a more recent date of 25/02/2010. Then, inside the device, under the battery, was the L2A three digit date code. Forget the green dot, seems many got boxes with green dots, but older dates.
    Yeah, even though I have the green dot, I don't think its fixed. The date by the QR-code in the upper left hand of the batt compartment is 102109 and that can't be good. Then the date on the box reads 1/27/10. I think I'll be sending mine back.

Does anyone know if the VZW stores are carrying the new Storm2s yet?
    03-16-10 02:07 PM
    Yep, the date "code" you're looking for is on the UL label inside the phone, between the PIN number and the "Made in ______" notice. I've not yet heard anyone say that they have a recent date, but no date code at all, though from the very original post, one gets the impression it's an "either or" situation. I had both! Good luck!

Yeah, even though I have the green dot, I don't think its fixed. The date by the QR-code in the upper left hand of the batt compartment is 102109 and that can't be good. Then the date on the box reads 1/27/10. I think I'll be sending mine back.

Does anyone know if the VZW stores are carrying the new Storm2s yet?
    03-16-10 02:10 PM
    Yep, the date "code" you're looking for is on the UL label inside the phone, between the PIN number and the "Made in ______" notice. I've not yet heard anyone say that they have a recent date, but no date code at all, though from the very original post, one gets the impression it's an "either or" situation. I had both! Good luck!
    Obviously you missed my reply.. Mine states 06032010. I also have the small green dot on my brown box
    03-16-10 02:14 PM
    Yeah, just spotted it. Mine is WA9...guess I'll be sending it back.
    03-16-10 02:16 PM
    I got the brown box, with the battery door. It had a date code of 23022012 or something like that. It had a green and yellow dot sticker. I love the new screen. It's even and easy to type on (OS .451).
    03-16-10 02:17 PM
    Huh? Say what? 2012????? It was manufactured 2 years from now?

I got the brown box, with the battery door. It had a date code of 23022012 or something like that. It had a green and yellow dot sticker. I love the new screen. It's even and easy to type on (OS .451).
    03-16-10 02:20 PM
    I was close to going back to At&t and reactivate my bold 9000. I got a call from a local Store rep with news that the store manager ok'd me for a new device. On my way there... I will check the dates and hope for the best.

This thread has been very helpful!!

Thanks,
    BH
    03-16-10 02:23 PM
    I dont think that date code on the outside is accurate.. Mine states todays date.. Pretty good.. they built it today and I got it today..
    03-16-10 02:24 PM
960 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD