The screen's behavior changes depending on what OS you are running on the phone

Some OS versions don't let you click on the screen when the screen is "off", but some other OS versions allow you to click on it while "off".

Also, the screen is fully capable of executing every task without a click, so at some point I'm sure it'll be able to have the option to turn it on or off. And if not, I'm sure an app can be developed for it.
    09-08-09 11:48 PM

Some OS versions don't let you click on the screen when the screen is "off", but some other OS versions allow you to click on it while "off".

Also, the screen is fully capable of executing every task without a click, so at some point I'm sure it'll be able to have the option to turn it on or off. And if not, I'm sure an app can be developed for it.
    Great to know sal! Thanks for the info. Can't wait to pick mine up!
    09-08-09 11:49 PM
    Cool info. Nice phones by the way. Hope I could get one soon.
    09-09-09 12:01 AM

WOW!!!

I am justifying myself for spending retail on Odin. This phone sounds like a keeper.

The only thing that makes s1 not a keeper for me is the screen. Its nice, but tiring with the amount of writing I do. Sht half the posts I did on CB were from my BB. Im surprised i dont have carpel tunel!!!! I need a phone that can handle my fingers. Odin really sounds like a piece of technology you want to buy and keep by your side.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 09-09-09 at 12:04 AM.
    09-09-09 12:02 AM
    This gets me salivating.
    09-09-09 12:04 AM
    This gets me salivating.
    woahhhhhhhhh.....its not a slice of pizza...
    09-09-09 12:05 AM
    woahhhhhhhhh.....its not a slice of pizza...
    In a hypothetical way.

Now, hook me up w/ a slice of 'za before bedtime.

09-09-09 12:06 AM
    In a hypothetical way.

Now, hook me up w/ a slice of 'za before bedtime.

09-09-09 12:11 AM
    Sal I heard you were giving away 100 free Odins
    09-09-09 12:14 AM
    Awesome information once again, Sal! Thanks to you, I can't wait for the Storm 2!
    09-09-09 12:53 AM
    Sal,

Have you tried "Thyth"ing it to see if there are any options in the E-screen for SurePress screen manipulation?

THAT would be interesting...
    09-09-09 01:46 AM
    Eww! Little Caesar's Pizza!
    09-09-09 01:48 AM
    Actually that looks pretty darn good right about now...
    Eww! Little Caesar's Pizza!
    09-09-09 02:22 AM
    this screen will be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    need to start saving money aside from my wife to pay full retail without the wife knowing i paid the full retail... haha
    09-09-09 02:26 AM
    Oh salo, you're such a tease.
    09-09-09 02:36 AM
    I vote for not letting you press while off but with the option to make it work on just touch with out a "click"
    09-09-09 02:37 AM

teasing me out ! good news from SALOMONDRIN and againt....thank
    09-09-09 04:17 AM
    This sounds like its going to be awsom!

By the way -- How do you get different OS's on a pre-released device? We have a hard enough time getting leaks on released devices!
    09-09-09 07:52 AM
    this screen will be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    need to start saving money aside from my wife to pay full retail without the wife knowing i paid the full retail... haha
    Lol, Same here! Just dropped another 40 bucks into the shoe box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 08:26 AM
    Good info, thanks again Sal.
    09-09-09 10:16 AM
    Im up for my new every 2, but going to weait to see the feedback on the S2 before I rush out and upgrade to it. Not making the same mistake I made with the S1 and be the first to rush out and get it.
    Going for the S1 only once there is sufficient feedback on its build and quality. If it isnt as good as it appears, Im staying with the S1.
    09-09-09 11:09 AM
    Cant wait to get my hands on this phone. Love my Storm but looking forward to the Storm2.
    09-09-09 11:27 AM
    This sounds like its going to be awsom!

By the way -- How do you get different OS's on a pre-released device? We have a hard enough time getting leaks on released devices!
    My thoughts exactly....

09-09-09 12:08 PM
    Awesome! FINALLY, a silent mode for typing! I am sold. Now the only question is will it come out on AT&T or will I be forced to move all my lines to Verizon?

Thanks again Sal!

09-09-09 12:16 PM
    This phone keeps bringing more surprises. What exactly does this thing do??!?!?!?
    09-09-09 12:21 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD