First I want to say I've been browsing this forum for the past couple days and I want to say it's awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Unfortunately last night I ran into a little problem. I went to sleep at about 2:30AM and my Blackberry had 3 full bars. I woke up today and the phone was absolutely dead. After charging it a little bit, I noticed that I received a message at 3:00AM. Could it be that this message kept my phone up all night?? Also once it had some charge I noticed that it said my Network was OFF. It did not come back on its own even once it was halfway charged, so I had to run a Network Diagnostic. It has since picked up Verizon and everything is working as normal. I'm just a little concerned how it did like that! It had to do a full reboot once it had some charge!

Thanks in advance,
    -Cyrus
    01-02-09 11:05 AM
    Did you leave any apps running. or recently install an app. that could cause a problem....
    01-02-09 11:07 AM
    Yesterday around 7:30pm i had 25% of Battery on my phone, I left the phone on my desk and went eat, about 40 min later I went to pick up the phone and the phone was dead, try to turn it on and said Battery to low to turn it on and the phone went back off...
    01-02-09 11:07 AM
    Did you leave any apps running. or recently install an app. that could cause a problem....
    I'm sure I did, I didn't really keep track.
    01-02-09 11:28 AM
    That's probably what it was.
    01-02-09 11:34 AM
    I'm telling you guys...LOCK YOUR PHONES WHEN NOT USING THEM, it improves your battery life drastically.
    01-02-09 11:53 AM
    I kinda had the same problem. The other night I was going to bed and my phone rang and I didn't wanna talk to I hit ignore and just put my phone back down. When I got up in the morning it was off, i couldn't get it back on for anything. I did a battery pull and it came back on, I still had full battery.

This has happened to me a few times, I can't figure out what would cause this to happen.
    01-02-09 11:58 AM
    mine had a full charge at 90% charge at 2am, put it to bedside mode. i heard the alarm go off at 8am, went back to sleep. woke up hour and a half later and its completely dead.

zune epidemic?
    01-02-09 12:02 PM
    I had something similar happen one night and mine was plugged into a charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 12:05 PM
    The phone was locked. It's my third day of having the phone so needless to say I am somewhat disappointed.
    01-02-09 12:25 PM
    Vyrus - how was your reception? The Storm's battery will D R A I N if it's searching for a signal or trying to keep up w/ a low signal strength.
    01-02-09 12:47 PM
    That's weird. I went to bed last night with probably 95%+ battery life and when I woke up, I still had 95% battery life.

Keep in mind I also got texts, emails, and some facebook updates.

Before I sleep, I close and exit all my apps. I don't think I locked my phone though.
    01-02-09 12:52 PM
    Vyrus - how was your reception? The Storm's battery will D R A I N if it's searching for a signal or trying to keep up w/ a low signal strength.
    I put the storm back where it was and got about 2 bars. I am thinking that it probably didn't have reception in the exact orientation it was in. Still, shouldn't it last 8 hours? Maybe on on half charge I guess.

-Cyrus
    01-02-09 02:09 PM
    It's hit and miss. The battery is powering quite a bit - data, the screen itself, etc...
    01-02-09 02:13 PM

Before I sleep, I close and exit all my apps. I don't think I locked my phone though.
    Sorry, this is off topic but I just wanted to ask a quick question regarding this and didnt wanna make a new thread...

How do you know what apps are running.. I read up a bit before I purchased my Storm that if you left the apps running it makes the phone lag so I've been hitting close when I've had to go from one app to another as opposed to "switching" apps.. If I've forgotten to do this even how will I know which ones are running still?
    01-02-09 02:17 PM
    Hold the menu key for three seconds and it will bring up your open applications. There are a few that will always be open but there are many that you can close.
    01-02-09 02:21 PM
    Vyrus, I think you left one of your favorite BBW videos playing all night. The bigger the W the more the drain on the battery. ;-)

-NM (aka Vyrus' bro)
    01-02-09 02:46 PM
    Thanks alot..
    01-02-09 02:48 PM
    Vyrus, I think you left one of your favorite BBW videos playing all night. The bigger the W the more the drain on the battery. ;-)

-NM (aka Vyrus' bro)
    Freakin hilarious. SO busted.
    01-02-09 02:48 PM
    My phone is on auto lock because of security for work email, the battery lasts forever, we have to have a four digit lock code or it would be super easy to unlock. If you not locking your phone I highly reccomend it.
    01-02-09 02:50 PM
    I have the same problem of my battery not lasting me the whole day...i have to have it with me at work so i lock it and put it in my pocket by noon my battery icon is red and my rado is off i have to go to my car on my lunch break and charge it in my car... is there anything i can do to extend my battery life and when i charge it over night its not fully charged in the morning
    01-03-09 01:51 PM
    I had the exact same problem as the OP last night. 3 bars last night, completely dead this morning, and I was disconnected from the network.

Have had the phone for 3 weeks, never happened before, did nothing different last night.
    01-03-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD