I can't get up from here fast enough to remove VLingo and give this a try. Please let this be the solution.

I have my doubts though. Did my phone come with a demo of Vlingo from day one or did I install it myself.

The volume using aux. output resets to the middle. In the car I start out loud and it gets soft. In the office I start soft and it gets too loud. It happens with both Pandora and Rhapsody. Love this phone but the issue drives me crazy.

When I read that people have the leaked update and it's still an issue it makes me very sad.
    01-17-10 07:13 AM
    I do not have Vlingo installed and I still have this problem with the most recent version of Pandora. I did not have it with the previous version of Pandora, however. (Volume varies widely between songs -- sometimes too loud, sometimes too soft.)
    01-17-10 01:25 PM
    I submitted an error report to Vlingo a couple of weeks ago. They responded back that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Unfortunately, Vlingo is not know to release many updates (maintenance release or otherwise) too frequently. In fact, unless it's a major update (like 4.0 was) it probably won't happen anytime soon.
    02-04-10 10:56 AM
    I don't know who came up with the removal of Vlingo idea, but it absolutely worked. Thank YOU! and goodbye Vlingo!
    03-09-10 08:33 AM
    I would delete the app and re install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 08:50 AM
    I have the volume issue with my latest Storm2, when using Pandora. very annoying.
    03-09-10 08:52 AM
    I have the volume issue with my latest Storm2, when using Pandora. very annoying.
    i even downloaded the newest version of Vlingo Everywhere (released right before Vlingo released the iPhone app, but the version # is escaping me at the moment) and it still hasn't fixed the issue
    03-11-10 10:36 AM
    yep its vlingo I have the paid version and i have this problem which sucks because i use this to text while driving , i drive a truck so it gets used 12 hours a day.

from vlingo:
    Other Problems
    Why does the volume change when I am using Pandora, BlackBerry Media Player or Slacker Radio?
    We are aware of a problem where the volume changes when using Pandora, BlackBerry Media Player, or Slacker Radio while Vlingo is installed on the BlackBerry. We do not currently have a solution for this problem, but we've taken note of it and are working to address it in a future release.
    03-11-10 01:29 PM
    I've got the same problem on my 9530. Started out of the blue a few days ago. It's drivin me nuts.

I do NOT have vlingo.
    03-12-10 01:24 PM
    Just an update this issue seems to be resolved with the latest version of Vlingo (4.5 with SafeReader). For those still experiencing this issue and still using Vlingo, download the newest version from Vlingo.com from your device. I will edit the original post.
    03-24-10 01:32 PM
    yep its vlingo I have the paid version and i have this problem which sucks because i use this to text while driving , i drive a truck so it gets used 12 hours a day.

from vlingo:
    Other Problems
    Why does the volume change when I am using Pandora, BlackBerry Media Player or Slacker Radio?
    We are aware of a problem where the volume changes when using Pandora, BlackBerry Media Player, or Slacker Radio while Vlingo is installed on the BlackBerry. We do not currently have a solution for this problem, but we've taken note of it and are working to address it in a future release.
    that's bizarre as I've never used vlingo and have mentioned since last YEAR, the issues with Pandora's volume going wacky at the start of some songs. I wonder why they are taking some "ownership" of this issue?
    03-24-10 04:57 PM
    i have this damn problem as well but im not using Vlingo or Pandora, whatever that is.

we need a fix!!
    03-25-10 02:09 AM
    that's bizarre as I've never used vlingo and have mentioned since last YEAR, the issues with Pandora's volume going wacky at the start of some songs. I wonder why they are taking some "ownership" of this issue?
    I, too, have had this problem since the device launched and tested out the bug by removing Vlingo and that fixed the problem. I've spoken with Vlingo and they were aware of the problem going back several months ago, so it definitely is related to Vlingo. I'm not saying that is the only "audio bug" that exists with the Storm2, but that's the only one I've experienced and it has since been fixed with the new version of Vlingo.
    03-25-10 06:33 AM
    the new version of vlingo fixed this issue everything good now
    03-25-10 09:45 AM
    Just an update this issue seems to be resolved with the latest version of Vlingo (4.5 with SafeReader). For those still experiencing this issue and still using Vlingo, download the newest version from Vlingo.com from your device. I will edit the original post.
    Just an FYI - I was listening to music via Pandora last night as I fell asleep. I almost had a heart attack when to my surprise the volume suddenly blasted through my earphones. I, too, thought the issue was fixed with the latest Vlingo release, but in fact it has not been. Am I the only one who has had the issue return since updating (to latest Vlingo 4.5.1)?

OS 5.0.0.451
    03-26-10 09:33 AM
    what part of "random" volume issues don't users of Pandora understand? LOL! they install vlingo and use the storm for a bit and declare "it's fixed". GIVE IT TIME, people. your problems will reoccur...
    03-26-10 01:06 PM
    Volume issues have NOT recurred and I have been using both apps constantly, fyi... Don't be so quick to assume that what happens on YOUR phone will happen on everyone else's phone.
    03-26-10 07:38 PM
    there is some up and down volume changing just in the way the music has been ripped into the streaming form you are going to get some volume changes.
    03-27-10 12:17 AM
    I contacted Vlingo support and they told me that version 4.5 does not fix the volume problems.

03-27-10 12:52 AM
    Yep mee too.. When my pandora or mp3 file goes to the next song the volume drops to about half. If i hit the volume up or down button a couple times it goes to full blast. Im gonna delete vlingo and reinstall it when the fix it. I noticed the problem began once i updated vlingo during the last update. I havent been using pandora because of the problem.. Booooo vlingo

Pandora> Vlingo
    03-29-10 04:32 PM
    I've had volume issues with iheartradio, Pandora, and MLB At Bat 2010 (streaming live games). When any of these programs runs for an X amount of time, the volume increases dramatically with no warning. It happens both when charging and not charging, as well as various batter levels. It has startled the **** out of me a few times.

03-29-10 05:33 PM
    Yep mee too.. When my pandora or mp3 file goes to the next song the volume drops to about half. If i hit the volume up or down button a couple times it goes to full blast. Im gonna delete vlingo and reinstall it when the fix it. I noticed the problem began once i updated vlingo during the last update. I havent been using pandora because of the problem.. Booooo vlingo

Pandora> Vlingo
    ANYTHING that screws with Pandora is something that is automatically on my crap list.
    03-29-10 05:51 PM
    ===== QUOTE MrTruckincowboy ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I contacted Vlingo support and they told me that version 4.5 does not fix the volume problems.

In addition to my multiple posts confirming the fix for MY device, I was told by Vlingo that 4.5 has fixed the issue. I am not saying I don't believe you, but I find it a little annoying that we were given two different answers. But mine is fixed, so I guess I should quit my complaining.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-29-10 05:52 PM
    I just updated to the new version of Vlingo all is good now!
    03-29-10 09:53 PM
    Just wanted to bring this back to life,

I don't have, and never had Vlingo. I still have this problem. I am using the Ambiance app, and when I play a sound all night, it randomly cranks up the volume, and the screen turns on. So it is NOT just Vlingo. Maybe a RIM software issue with apps that play music.

Scott
    03-31-10 08:56 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD