I recently upgraded my OS to 141 on my Verizon BlackBerry Storm 9530 but I am experiencing a ton of problems. The list goes like this: all my application memory is gone, my browser was disabled, when I attempt to manage my e-mail settings I get a message saying my device had a problem connecting to the server, the device is a lot slower and less responsive than before (not surprising), some applications (notes, calculator, instant messaging) were erased and those are just the things I can remember. How do I get this fixed?!?! I am really frustrated. Can anybody guide me through this?
    05-23-09 07:24 AM
    Have you done any battery pulls?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 07:31 AM
    If the battery pulls dont work. I would recommend resending for your service books. If that doesnt work, post back. =)
    05-23-09 07:36 AM
    Trying the battery pull now. Will update again in a few minutes.
    05-23-09 07:47 AM
    Well don't I feel like a real bonehead! Thanks guys that fixed it! Are you guys running OS148?
    05-23-09 07:54 AM
    Remember...battery pulls are your friend.

LOL yeah im running 148. I like it! =)
    05-23-09 08:05 AM
    Will do USSZulu! Rookie mistake. Thanks for the help. By the way you helped out a native Burgher living in Detroit.
    05-23-09 08:20 AM
    Yup... battery pulls are your friend... those times where you need to do them.

To save yourself the effort of having to remove the cover to get to the battery and pull it, why not simply download QuickPull so that you can do all this at the touch of a button?

Also, being able to schedule the reboot with QuickPull is a huge plus IMO. Not sure why this app (or something similar) isn't utilized by more people.
    05-23-09 08:40 AM
    Great advice. Didn't know that app was available.
    05-23-09 09:00 AM
    botched install....a lot of the missing apps are part of the OS upgrade, i'd say do a wipe, and do the install same way you did before, but hit "options" and make sure everything is checked to be added on with the install that you want on your phone, and uncheck what you don't want.

and if you have any other questions, you can email me.
    05-23-09 01:01 PM
    This happened to me. Main problem was that I lost my theme and everything was out of place. Easy enuff to fix but a pita to do it. I like the settings on my berry JUST SO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 04:15 PM
    Glad I could help! =) I was in Detroit in Feb with my now ex gf. First time there...was kinda fun. Driving was different lol =)

-Bob

Will do USSZulu! Rookie mistake. Thanks for the help. By the way you helped out a native Burgher living in Detroit.
    05-23-09 07:20 PM
    Patches152 - thanks for the advice. Once I pulled the battery everything came back and is running smoothly. I will definitely e-mail you if I ever run into other problems. Thanks again!
    05-24-09 01:10 PM
    you're welcome
    05-24-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD